Mogherini: the EU to Provide Additional € 3 Billion to Turkey
''The European Union will provide Turkey with an additional € 3 billion to help Syrian refugees over the next two years.''
This was stated by the head of European diplomacy Federica Mogherini, novinite.com reports.
- Russia, China Veto U.N. Approval of Aid Deliveries to Syria from Turkey The Security Council will now vote on a rival Russian text that would only approve one Turkish crossing for aid access for six months. During the coronavirus pandemic the council has been operating virtually,...
- Russia, Turkey Conduct Third Joint Patrol in Idlib The first joint Russian-Turkish patrol of the M4 highway section in the Idlib de-escalation zone took place on March 15.
- Russian Military Delegation To Arrive In Ankara On March 10 Russian military delegation will arrive in Ankara on March 10 to discuss joint patrols in Syria’s Idlib, RIA Novosti reports.
- US Welcomes Russian-Turkish Ceasefire In Idlib The United States is encouraged by reports of a Russian-Turkish ceasefire in Syria's Idlib province, a spokesperson for the US Department of State told on Thursday
- The Ceasefire In Idlib Is Being Observed The ceasefire in Syria’s Idlib that was agreed by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin is being observed and the situation on the ground is calm, Russia’s RIA news...
- Pope Francis ‘Pained’ by Decision to Turn Hagia Sophia Into Mosque "My thoughts go to Istanbul. I'm thinking about Hagia Sophia. I am very saddened," the pope said.
- Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Changing the Status of Hagia Sophia by the Decision of the Turkish Authorities We express our deep concern about the decision of the authorities of Turkey to convert Hagia Sophia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, into a mosque.
- Erdogan Calls on Everyone to Respect Turkey's Decision Erdogan also recalled that there are '435 churches and synagogues’ in Turkey. "This attests to our mentality that considers diversity our wealth," he added.
- Turkish Council of State Reverses Decree of Hagia Sophia’s Museum Status Thus, the authorities of the republic received a legal opportunity to change the status of the Hagia Sophia from museum to a mosque.
- Status of Hagia Sophia Can Be Changed by Presidential Decree The pro-government press points out, however, that in the event of a positive proposal, it is assumed that the first prayer will be held on July 15, the fourth anniversary of the failed coup attempt, which...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- CNBC: Nine European Countries Say it is Time for "Corona Bonds" as Virus Death Toll Rises Corona bonds are a controversial issue that has been dividing the 27-country region. Conservative policymakers in countries such as Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are often wary of the idea of issuing...
- Cyber Rapid Response Team Established by Six EU Countries Formed by civilian and military experts, the CRRTs will join neutralisation and investigation of dangerous cyber incidents virtually or, if necessary, physically.
- Ireland Will Hold General Election On February 8 Ireland will hold a general election on Saturday February 8, 2020, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has confirmed, Euronews reports.
Russian MFA Expresses Concern Over Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Armenian Ombudsman’s Office Sends Interim Report on Tavush Shelling to International Structures
Toivo Klaar Expresses Concern on "Exchange of Fire on Armenia-Azerbaijan Border"
Minister of Healthcare: In Armenia 650 Patients in Serious or Critical Condition
Armenia Extends State of Emergency
Operative Situation on Artsakh and Azerbaijani Armed Forces' Line of Contact Was Mostly Calm at Night
Two Armenian Police Officers Slightly Injured in Azerbaijani Shooting
Wizz Air Abu Dhabi will Start Operating Flights on the Route Abu Dhabi –Yerevan- Abu Dhabi
The Armenian Armed Forces are not Firing on the Azerbaijani Settlements
Armenia Records 32151 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenian FM Holds Phone Talks with CSTO Secretary General Stanislav Zas
Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Ceasefire Violations by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in the Direction of the Tavush Region
Azerbaijani Side Resumes Shelling of Armenian Positions Early in the Morning: DM
Armenia’s Defense Minister Briefs Andrzej Kasprzyk About the Situation on the Border with Azerbaijan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Pope Francis ‘Pained’ by Decision to Turn Hagia Sophia Into Mosque
Armenia Records 31969 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Changing the Status of Hagia Sophia by the Decision of the Turkish Authorities
Armenian High-Tech Industry Minister and US Envoy Discuss Cooperation Issues
The new Stepanakert Substation of 110/35/10 kW Capability Will Be Put Into Commission in 2021
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Armenian Woman is Elected Mayor of France’s Strasbourg
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan on the Session of Supreme Advisory Council Under the Turkish President's Office
partly cloudy (day)
Wind: 5 km/h
Wind: 5 km/h