Macron: France Will not Leave Iran Nuclear Deal
French President Emmanuel Macron told a joint meeting of Congress Wednesday that France will not withdraw from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, but acknowledged the agreement is flawed and said he wants to work on “a more comprehensive deal,” with the United States to control Iran’s nuclear ambitions and sponsorship of terrorism, The Washington Examiner reports.
"We signed it at the initiative of the United States," Macron said. "We signed it, both the United States and France. That is why we cannot say we should get rid of it like that."
"But it is true to say that this agreement may not address all concerns, and very important concerns," he said. "That is true. But we should not abandon it without having something substantial, and more substantial instead."
"That's why France will not leave the JCPOA, because we signed it," he said to cheers from Democrats.
Macron said whether the United States withdraws from the deal is something “your president and your country” would have to decide. He said he wants to work with Trump on a deal that would address a sunset clause allowing Iran to resume its nuclear program after 2025, as well as containing the Iranian military regime that is a major sponsor of terrorism in the region.
- Israel Strikes Gaza Targets After Rocket Fire The rockets launched into Israel both fell in open terrain. No casualties were reported on either side.
- Turkey, Russia, Iran to Hold 5th Summit on Syria The summit aims at assessing the latest developments in war-weary Syria -- northwestern Idlib city in particular -- ending the conflict climate, ensuring the necessary conditions for the voluntary return...
- Iran Pushes South Korea to Release Billions Withheld by Banks "It is appalling to see that Korean banks have conveniently neglected their obligations, common international financial agreements, and decided to play politics and follow illegal and unilateral U.S. sanctions,"...
- Iran: US Must Stop its State Terrorism In a statement late on Wednesday, the US Department of State accused Iran and four other countries of not cooperating with Washington in the fight against terrorism.
- U.S. Envoy Threatens to Trigger Return of U.N. Sanctions on Iran A resolution needs nine yes votes and no vetoes by Russia, China, the United States, France or Britain to be adopted by the 15-member Security Council. Russia has already signaled it is opposed to extending...
Wizz Air Abu Dhabi will Start Operating Flights on the Route Abu Dhabi –Yerevan- Abu Dhabi
The Armenian Armed Forces are not Firing on the Azerbaijani Settlements
Armenia Records 32151 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenian FM Holds Phone Talks with CSTO Secretary General Stanislav Zas
Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Ceasefire Violations by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in the Direction of the Tavush Region
Azerbaijani Side Resumes Shelling of Armenian Positions Early in the Morning: DM
Armenia’s Defense Minister Briefs Andrzej Kasprzyk About the Situation on the Border with Azerbaijan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Pope Francis ‘Pained’ by Decision to Turn Hagia Sophia Into Mosque
Armenia Records 31969 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Changing the Status of Hagia Sophia by the Decision of the Turkish Authorities
Armenian High-Tech Industry Minister and US Envoy Discuss Cooperation Issues
The new Stepanakert Substation of 110/35/10 kW Capability Will Be Put Into Commission in 2021
Armenia Presents 2nd UN SDGs Voluntary National Review Report
Emergency Situation is Extended in Artsakh
Defense Army Denies Azerbaijani Media Report
Azerbaijan Made Over 150 Ceasefire Violations at Artsakh Line of Contact
Resident Sarkissian Visits Gandzasar Monastery in Artsakh (Video)
Artsakh President: Turkish Authorities Reaffirm their Xenophobic Behavior Towards Civilizations
Erdogan Calls on Everyone to Respect Turkey's Decision
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Armenian Woman is Elected Mayor of France’s Strasbourg
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan on the Session of Supreme Advisory Council Under the Turkish President's Office
Wind: 6 km/h