Iran Expects Europe's Package to Save Nuclear Deal by end of June
A senior Iranian nuclear negotiator says the Islamic Republic expects the European Union to put forward by the end of June its package of proposals to save a multilateral nuclear agreement between Tehran and the P5+1 group of countries from which the US has withdrawn, Presstv reports.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said on Saturday that the three European signatories of the nuclear agreement, officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), and the EU had promised to offer a package of practical steps that would fulfill Iran’s demands, including on oil sales, payments for its oil and transportation.
US President Donald Trump announced on May 8 that Washington was walking away from the nuclear agreement, which was reached between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council - the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China - plus Germany in 2015.
Trump also said he would reinstate US nuclear sanctions on Iran and impose "the highest level" of economic bans on the Islamic Republic.
Under the JCPOA, Iran undertook to put limits on its nuclear program in exchange for the removal of nuclear-related sanctions imposed against Tehran.
Since the US president pulled Washington out of the historic nuclear deal, European countries have been scrambling to ensure that Iran gets enough economic benefits to persuade it to stay in the deal. The remaining parties have vowed to stay in the accord.
Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi said on Friday that the Middle East and the entire world would face a "dreadful" future if the key nuclear agreement fell apart.
"If the European Union and other countries supporting the JCPOA do not demonstrate their practical opposition to the US policies in due time, they will face a dreadful future and unprecedented insecurity in the region and the world because of the JCPOA's collapse," the AEOI chief said.
Araqchi further said that the nuclear accord is not in a normal state due to the US pullout from it.
- 11 US troops Wounded in Last Week's Iran Attack on Iraq Base President Trump and U.S. officials had said earlier that no Americans were killed or injured in the Jan. 8 attack.
- Iran will not Sign "Trump Deal" Amending JCPOA In his address to the nation on January 8, US President Donald Trump said that members of the JCPOA "must all work together toward making a deal with Iran that makes the world a safer and more peaceful...
- Iran’s Rouhani Apologizes for Delayed Plane Crash Admission He added that "the steps Iran has taken (to reduce its commitments under the nuclear deal - TASS) are reversible and all of its activities are being carried out under the supervision of the IAEA."
- Video Shows Two Iranian Missiles Hit Ukrainian Plane The New York Times has verified security camera footage on Tuesday that shows, for the first time, that two missiles hit Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 on Jan. 8. The missiles were launched...
- Iran’s Judiciary Threatens to Expel UK Ambassador Iran’s judiciary said it considered the UK ambassador to Tehran "persona non grata" for alleged participation in anti-government protests, escalating diplomatic tensions between the two countries
Coronavirus: 41 Dead, More Than 1,000 Cases in China
Nikol Pashinyan: “The Most Important Goal of the Ongoing Police Reform is to Forge New Police-Citizen Relationship”
Turkey Earthquake: At Least 19 Dead, More than 600 Injured
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
HBO Max Orders Animated British Royal Family Satire Series 'The Prince'
China Orders Travel Agencies to Suspend Tours to Contain Virus Outbreak
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Prince Charles Visits Armenian Church in Bethlehem
What Takes Place Today will Not end Today: Armenia’s CC chairman Hrayr Tovmasyan on Search in His Apartment
EU Leaders Sign Brexit Withdrawal Agreement
"Yerevan-2800" Silver Collector Coin Takes 3rd Place
EU Chiefs Sign Brexit Deal ahead of Parliamentary Vote
Thousands Rally against US Military Presence in Iraq
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Trump Says will Release Middle East Peace Plan by Tuesday
Government Lowers the Family and Welfare Benefit Allowance Threshold: 11,000 Families will Not be Stripped of Benefits
Two Servicemen Receive Gun Wounds in Artsakh
Maduro Invites Observers from UN and EU to Parliamentary Election in Venezuela
Nikol Pashinyan, Stef Blok discuss Armenian-Dutch Relationship Development Propsects
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Wind: 5 km/h