Iran Expects Europe's Package to Save Nuclear Deal by end of June
A senior Iranian nuclear negotiator says the Islamic Republic expects the European Union to put forward by the end of June its package of proposals to save a multilateral nuclear agreement between Tehran and the P5+1 group of countries from which the US has withdrawn, Presstv reports.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said on Saturday that the three European signatories of the nuclear agreement, officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), and the EU had promised to offer a package of practical steps that would fulfill Iran’s demands, including on oil sales, payments for its oil and transportation.
US President Donald Trump announced on May 8 that Washington was walking away from the nuclear agreement, which was reached between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council - the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China - plus Germany in 2015.
Trump also said he would reinstate US nuclear sanctions on Iran and impose "the highest level" of economic bans on the Islamic Republic.
Under the JCPOA, Iran undertook to put limits on its nuclear program in exchange for the removal of nuclear-related sanctions imposed against Tehran.
Since the US president pulled Washington out of the historic nuclear deal, European countries have been scrambling to ensure that Iran gets enough economic benefits to persuade it to stay in the deal. The remaining parties have vowed to stay in the accord.
Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi said on Friday that the Middle East and the entire world would face a "dreadful" future if the key nuclear agreement fell apart.
"If the European Union and other countries supporting the JCPOA do not demonstrate their practical opposition to the US policies in due time, they will face a dreadful future and unprecedented insecurity in the region and the world because of the JCPOA's collapse," the AEOI chief said.
Araqchi further said that the nuclear accord is not in a normal state due to the US pullout from it.
- Trump and Netanyahu Discuss ‘Threat from Iran’ The two last spoke on November 19, when Netanyahu thanked the president for Washington’s decision to repudiate a State Department legal opinion that said West Bank settlements were illegal.
- Six More Countries Join Trump-Busting Iran Barter Group The system has not yet enabled any transactions.
- Iranian Foreign Minister Held Talks With a Taliban Delegation Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif held talks in Tehran with a Taliban delegation led by Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, one of the group's founders, the official IRNA news agency reported on Wednesday.
- Iran Says Pro-Government Rally to Show who 'Real' Iranians are After days of state-sponsored marches in dozens of cities to condemn the unrest, Iran is holding a pro-government rally in the capital to be addressed by the commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards,...
- Terror Sponsors Must Stop Blaming Iran for Their Problems: Foreign Ministry "The very countries that spawn and promote terrorism and extremism and have interfered in the internal affairs of others by violating the principle of good neighborliness, and [those who] have weakened...
Iran, US Swap Prisoners
Loire: A Mayor Forbids His Citizens to Die on Weekends
Armenia's Defense Minister Visited Military Hospital
German KfW Bank, Armenian Cenbank sign €60,000,000 Loan Deals
Armenia Considers the Agreement With the EU as a True Blueprint for Reforms: Mogerini
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia, United States Discuss Recent NK Talks
Karabakh MOD: Azerbaijan Armed Forces Fired About 1,000 Shots in Passing Week
Russian Foreign Minister to Meet with Pompeo in DC Next Week
Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Armenia PM Visits Epicenter Spitak Town (Video)
Trump Calls for World Bank to Stop Loaning to China
Armenia Deputy FM Receives Guatemalan Delegation
Gabriel Sargissian Wins European Rapid Chess Championship 2019
Armenia Remembers Victims of 1988 Earthquake
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan Attended Concert Dedicated to 91st Anniversary of Hovhannes Chekijian
Angela Merkel Visits Auschwitz for the First Time as Germany's Chancellor
Government Continues Discussing Public Agencies’ Budget Requests
We're Acquiring New Weapons: Armenia’s Deputy Defense Minister
Armenian Military Will Have Special Army Sports Club for Distinguished Athlete Conscripts
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Wind: 4 km/h