Armenia PM: When Azerbaijan will be Inclined to Compromise, We will Discuss Compromise Limit for us
When we say a compromise, this means there are two sides ready for concessions. Why do we want to discuss our willingness to compromise when it’s apparent that Azerbaijan isn’t ready to compromise?
The Prime Minister of Armenia, Nikol Pashinyan, stated the aforesaid at a press conference on Friday.
“When we [the Armenian party to the Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) conflict] receive a message that Azerbaijan tends to compromise, we will discuss—moreover, not at government level, but nationwide—as to what limit of compromise exists for us,” Pashinyan stressed. “[But] I rule out a settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh issue that will not be acceptable to our people.”
The Armenian PM noted that the documents of the respective positions by the presidents of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairing countries (Russia, US, and France) record that there will not be a resolution to the Karabakh conflict without the participation of the people of Artsakh.
“[But] this doesn’t mean that we [Armenia] can’t speak at all,” he added. “I’m ready to negotiate with the president of Azerbaijan.
- January of 1990 Divided the Lives of Baku Armenians into Before and After They betrayed not only their Armenian friends and neighbors, they also betrayed themselves.
- António Guterres Welcomes Paris Meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs The Secretary-General reiterates the full support of the United Nations for the important mediation efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group,” reads the statement.
- Preparing for Peace? Stepanakert Responded to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Statement Statement by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs on the results of the Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers meeting held in Paris on January 16, although maintains the trends of previous statements......
- "Possible Summit Between Leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan" under Consideration: Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group The Co-Chairs underlined the importance of possible mutually beneficial initiatives designed to fulfill the economic potential of the region.
- Meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs Lasted More than 4 Hours At the meeting, which lasted more than four hours, the interlocutors touched upon a wide range of issues related to the peace process, including preparing populations for peace, security and sustainable...
German MP Criticized for Receiving Money from Azerbaijan
5 Day Weather Forecast
Azerbaijan Violates Ceasefire 180 Times Past Week
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Trump Congratulated Nikol Pashinyan
EU: Recent Exchanges on Karabakh Send a Positive Signal for Progress
Rio de Janeiro Named as World Capital of Architecture for 2020
Armenia Launches Dialogue with EU Member States on Visa Liberalization
UK PM May Makes no Change to Her Demands in Talks With EU Leaders
Armenia's Deputy PM Heads to Moscow from Cairo
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Robert Kocharyan to Remain in Jail for Another 2 Months
On the Very First Day of His Arrival in Yerevan Lapshin Got Threats from Azerbaijan
January of 1990 Divided the Lives of Baku Armenians into Before and After
Freedom House: Armenia Is A Country With "Free" Net
Turkey Warns Syrian Army against Entering Manbij
The Chairpersons of Eleven Standing Committees of NA of Armenia Are Elected
Artsakh MPs Release Statement on 29th Anniversary of 1990 Pogroms in Baku
Krakow Will Host the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019
Armenian President Sarkissian Played Tennis with His Wife (VIDEO)
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
James Mattis to step down as US defence secretary after announcing he can no longer support Donald Trump
As the Leader of the Country that Chairs the International Organization of La Francophonie, Nikol Pashinyan Signs OIF Secretary General’s Employment Contract
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
Meeting between Pashinyan and Belarusian candidate for CSTO Secretary general not Planned: Arman Yeghoyan
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
'For the Sake of Armenia': Saghatelyan, Bekaryan, Hakobyan and Farmanyan Have Established a Media Company