J. Warlick: US Administration Shows No Interest In Karabakh conflict
Former Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group James Warlick said he sees no evidence of the current U.S. administration’s interest in the Karabakh conflict.
His remark came during the panel discussion "Frozen Conflicts and the Kremlin’s Agenda" that was hosted by Atlantic Council.
"There is interest in Moscow in supporting confidence building measures. The US government needs to engage in that. The last administration began that, but I see no evidence in this administration of any interest in Nagorno-Karabakh," he said, adding that the current representative to the OSCE Minsk Group at least deserves to have a personal rank of the ambassador, reports News.am.
James Warlick said he would like to see U.S., Russia and France to working collaboratively on things that can be achieved now: people-to-people contacts and confidence building measures.
"I do think there is an opportunity to begin discussion of what peacekeeping force would look like," he added.
Former co-chair believes that in case of Karabakh conflict, it is not within Moscow's power alone to resolve the conflict. Unlike perhaps other conflicts, Russia and U.S. have some common interest in Karabakh, that is unstable situation and military engagement is not in the interest of both countries.
"A kind of settlement that Lavrov suggested is not that different from the kind of settlement we would have if we sit down and write an agreement," he said.
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office The sides discussed the current situation on the Line of Contact between the armed forces of Artsakh and Azerbaijan.
- President of Artsakh Observes Process of Tactical Maneuvers Involving Troops of Defense Army's Central Military Region On the same day the Head of the State visited the Mets Shen village of the Martakert region, met with the residents and talked on site over the existing problems and ways of solving them.
- USA Rules Out Military Solution to NK Conflict – Representative of U.S. Mission to OSCE The United States is encouraged by recent constructive contacts by the sides at the levels of heads of state and foreign ministers.
- Council of the City of Los Angeles Adopted Resolution on the Occasion of the 30th Anniversary of the Artsakh Liberation Movement On November 5, the Council of the City of Los Angeles, the U.S. State of California, distributed a resolution on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the Artsakh Liberation Movement, adopted on September...
- Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan The Artsakh representative stressed that the demand of Azerbaijan to return Askerov and Guliyev could not "fit into the framework of humanity".
President Views as Desirable UNESCO’s Participation to the Preservation of the Cultural and Historical Heritage of Gyumri
Draft Brexit Deal Reached between UK and EU
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
President Discussed with the Leadership of THALES and OpenClassrooms Opportunities of Cooperation in Armenia
Austrian Court Orders not to Put Col. Suspected of Spying for Russia in Custody
Hamas Hits Buildings in Israel
Azerbaijani Reporter Stationed in Russia Suspected in Espionage
Brexit Deal Is Possible In Next 24-48 Hours
OSCE/ODIHR to Conduct "Large-Scale" Election Observation in Armenia
Armenia Is Following The Processes On Sanctions Against Iran
Abbas Urged the International Community to Intervene in the Situation on the Gaza Strip
OSCE Monitoring In The Eastern Direction Of Artsakh’s Hadrut Region
Reddit’s Alexis Ohanian Launches Armenian Brandy (video)
California Fires: Trump Issues Major Disaster Declaration as Deadly Fires Plague State
Iranian Hackers Suspected in Austal Cyber Attack
Acting PM’s Wife Visits Armen Dzhigarkhanyan in Moscow
Armenia Acquires Artsakh Made UAVs – New Weapons of Armenian Arms Industry in the Stage of Production
Iranian Military Ready to Protect Oil Tankers against Threats: Deputy Commander
Tonoyan: Armenian Unit Will Head to Syria Soon
Operative Communication between Armenia and Azerbaijan Functions Uninterruptedly
The Armenian delegation to PACE managed to prevent amendments to one of the resolutions proposed by Azerbaijani delegation. Arpine Hovhannisyan
Nikol Pashinyan’s Working Visit to Lebanon Kicks off - Acting Armenian PM, Lebanese President Meet in Beirut
Artsakh: Congratulatory Address to Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia Aram I on the 50th Anniversary of Ordination to Priesthood
“We Intend to Exempt Micro Business From Taxes” - Nikol Pashinyan Visits Charity Fair Organized by Syrian-Armenians
Trump Threatens to Call US Military to Close Southern Border as 4,000-Strong Migrant Caravan Pushes North
Kadyrov Invited Pashinyan and Macron to Participate in a Dance Festival in Chechnya
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
Saudi Missing Journalist Jamal Khashoggi: Explanation Expected from Saudi Arabia as Mike Pompeo Arrives
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Wind: 12.87 km/h