J. Warlick: US Administration Shows No Interest In Karabakh conflict
Former Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group James Warlick said he sees no evidence of the current U.S. administration’s interest in the Karabakh conflict.
His remark came during the panel discussion "Frozen Conflicts and the Kremlin’s Agenda" that was hosted by Atlantic Council.
"There is interest in Moscow in supporting confidence building measures. The US government needs to engage in that. The last administration began that, but I see no evidence in this administration of any interest in Nagorno-Karabakh," he said, adding that the current representative to the OSCE Minsk Group at least deserves to have a personal rank of the ambassador, reports News.am.
James Warlick said he would like to see U.S., Russia and France to working collaboratively on things that can be achieved now: people-to-people contacts and confidence building measures.
"I do think there is an opportunity to begin discussion of what peacekeeping force would look like," he added.
Former co-chair believes that in case of Karabakh conflict, it is not within Moscow's power alone to resolve the conflict. Unlike perhaps other conflicts, Russia and U.S. have some common interest in Karabakh, that is unstable situation and military engagement is not in the interest of both countries.
"A kind of settlement that Lavrov suggested is not that different from the kind of settlement we would have if we sit down and write an agreement," he said.
- The Ghost of “Lavrov’s Plan” The sides have problems of understanding each other’s perceptions and commenting on the perception of the actual process.
- Will Artsakh Take Part in Implementing the Agreements Reached in the Humanitarian Field? As a result of the meeting there are agreements reached at least in three aspects – imprisoned people’s relatives’ visits, mutual visits of mass media representatives and no firing during agricultural...
- Settling Humanitarian Issues Without Artsakh People Not in Place: Statement Although Karabakh’s being a subject in yesterday's statement is not stressed, the subtext is obvious. There can be no solution of humanitarian issues without those who live in Karabakh, at the border...
- Ministers Expressed Willingness to Start Concrete Work on Establishing Contacts Between People: Joint Statement by the FMs of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia The Foreign Ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia reaffirmed the intention of the parties to continue their efforts to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict through political and diplomatic means.
- Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Artsakh meet ahead of Moscow meeting Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan met with Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilyan on Saturday, the press service of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia reported.
It Is a Crime that Turkey Doesn't Want to Return Mount Ararat to Armenians: Zhirinovsky
This Is a Cut-and-Paste Policy, Set in Ankara by Turkish Dictators: ANCA Slams Trump over Failure to Condemn Genocide
French Ambassador Tweeted On The Occasion Of The Armenian Genocide
2019 Aurora Prize Nominees Announced
''Today, We Commemorate the Meds Yeghern''- Donald Trump
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Members of the Board of Directors of the Uruguayan Human Rights Defenders Institute
Nikol Pashinyan Pays Tribute to Armenian Genocide Victims at Tsitsernakaberd
The USA Never Denies the Historical Fact of Armenian Genocide: US Ambassador in Armenia
It Was a Huge Blow Not Only to the Armenian People, Its Culture and Its Cultural Type, But Also to the Human Civilization, as Whole: Pashinyan
Nicolas Aznavour Visited Tsitsernakaberd
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Former President of Uruguay Jose Mujica
Sri Lanka Suicide Bomber FAMILY
President of Artsakh addresses message on Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day
Kim Jong Un Says He Is Happy to Visit Russia
MFA Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan's Comment on the Statements Made By Official Ankara Ahead of the Armenian Genocide Anniversary
Impunity that Followed the Armenian Genocide, had Opened Doors For Other Grave Crimes Against Humanity and Genocides: Armen Sarkissian
This Year Marks the 150th Birthday of Renowned Armenian Composer Komitas
US Puts Up $10 Mln Reward For Hezbollah Information
Japan University Stops Hiring Smoking Professors
At Least 45 Children Killed in Sri Lanka Attacks
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Who is Zahran Hashim, Alleged Mastermind of One of the Sri Lanka Attacks?
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Armenian Community Has Been Deeply Moved by the Fire of Notre Dame Cathedral: Daniele Cazarian - French Deputy of Armenian Origin (EXCLUSIVE)
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 8 km/h