J. Warlick: US Administration Shows No Interest In Karabakh conflict
Former Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group James Warlick said he sees no evidence of the current U.S. administration’s interest in the Karabakh conflict.
His remark came during the panel discussion "Frozen Conflicts and the Kremlin’s Agenda" that was hosted by Atlantic Council.
"There is interest in Moscow in supporting confidence building measures. The US government needs to engage in that. The last administration began that, but I see no evidence in this administration of any interest in Nagorno-Karabakh," he said, adding that the current representative to the OSCE Minsk Group at least deserves to have a personal rank of the ambassador, reports News.am.
James Warlick said he would like to see U.S., Russia and France to working collaboratively on things that can be achieved now: people-to-people contacts and confidence building measures.
"I do think there is an opportunity to begin discussion of what peacekeeping force would look like," he added.
Former co-chair believes that in case of Karabakh conflict, it is not within Moscow's power alone to resolve the conflict. Unlike perhaps other conflicts, Russia and U.S. have some common interest in Karabakh, that is unstable situation and military engagement is not in the interest of both countries.
"A kind of settlement that Lavrov suggested is not that different from the kind of settlement we would have if we sit down and write an agreement," he said.
- January of 1990 Divided the Lives of Baku Armenians into Before and After They betrayed not only their Armenian friends and neighbors, they also betrayed themselves.
- António Guterres Welcomes Paris Meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs The Secretary-General reiterates the full support of the United Nations for the important mediation efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group,” reads the statement.
- Preparing for Peace? Stepanakert Responded to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Statement Statement by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs on the results of the Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers meeting held in Paris on January 16, although maintains the trends of previous statements......
- "Possible Summit Between Leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan" under Consideration: Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group The Co-Chairs underlined the importance of possible mutually beneficial initiatives designed to fulfill the economic potential of the region.
- Meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs Lasted More than 4 Hours At the meeting, which lasted more than four hours, the interlocutors touched upon a wide range of issues related to the peace process, including preparing populations for peace, security and sustainable...
German MP Criticized for Receiving Money from Azerbaijan
5 Day Weather Forecast
Azerbaijan Violates Ceasefire 180 Times Past Week
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Trump Congratulated Nikol Pashinyan
EU: Recent Exchanges on Karabakh Send a Positive Signal for Progress
Rio de Janeiro Named as World Capital of Architecture for 2020
Armenia Launches Dialogue with EU Member States on Visa Liberalization
UK PM May Makes no Change to Her Demands in Talks With EU Leaders
Armenia's Deputy PM Heads to Moscow from Cairo
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Robert Kocharyan to Remain in Jail for Another 2 Months
On the Very First Day of His Arrival in Yerevan Lapshin Got Threats from Azerbaijan
January of 1990 Divided the Lives of Baku Armenians into Before and After
Freedom House: Armenia Is A Country With "Free" Net
Turkey Warns Syrian Army against Entering Manbij
The Chairpersons of Eleven Standing Committees of NA of Armenia Are Elected
Artsakh MPs Release Statement on 29th Anniversary of 1990 Pogroms in Baku
Krakow Will Host the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019
Armenian President Sarkissian Played Tennis with His Wife (VIDEO)
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
James Mattis to step down as US defence secretary after announcing he can no longer support Donald Trump
As the Leader of the Country that Chairs the International Organization of La Francophonie, Nikol Pashinyan Signs OIF Secretary General’s Employment Contract
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
Meeting between Pashinyan and Belarusian candidate for CSTO Secretary general not Planned: Arman Yeghoyan
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
'For the Sake of Armenia': Saghatelyan, Bekaryan, Hakobyan and Farmanyan Have Established a Media Company