At Least 500 Injured as Major Earthquake Strikes Iran
A magnitude 6.3 earthquake struck western Iran near its border with Iraq on Sunday night, injuring more than 500 people and sending fearful residents running into the streets, authorities said.
The Sunday temblor hit near Sarpol-e Zahab in Iran’s Kermanshah province, which was the epicenter of an earthquake last year that killed more than 600 people and where some still remain homeless, the Washington Post reports.
Officials reported damage at buildings both in town and in rural Kermanshah, as well as to some roadways. The temblor also downed power lines and caused power outages into the night as temperatures hovered around 8 degrees Celsius (46 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Trump Attacks Macron for Sending Iran 'Mixed Signals' It was not immediately clear what Trump was referring to, but a report earlier this week said Macron had invited Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to this month’s G7 summit to meet Trump. A French diplomat...
- Russia and Iran to Train Together ‘This Year’ As They Fight Back Against U.S. Policies Iran and Russia's decision to shore up defense ties came amid heightened tensions in the Middle East, where the U.S. and the U.K. have accused the Islamic Republic of disrupting commercial traffic within...
- U.S. Puts Sanctions on Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif The sanctions against Zarif would block any property or interests he has in the United States, but the Iranian foreign minister said he had none.
- Iran Sentences Former Tehran Mayor to Death for Killing Wife Najafi resigned as mayor in 2018, after hard-liners criticized him over a video showing he attended a dance performance by young girls at a school show.
- Trump: Iran never loses negotiation The statement comes after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tweeted on Monday that Iran had rejected his proposal to visit Tehran to address the Iranian people.
Pashinyan holds meetings over Amulsar gold mine
World Junior Championship: Shant Khachatryan Also Becomes Silver Medalist
Turkish Vehicles Cross Syria’s Border: Syrian Foreign Ministry
5 Day Weather Forecast
Notre Dame: On Monday, Reconstruction will Continue with Preventive Measures
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Received the Head of the ICRC Mission
Armenia PM Pashinyan to Hold Closed Meeting with "My Step" Faction
Danish PM Says Trump's Idea of Selling Greenland to U.S. is Absurd
Armenian President Congratulates Afghan Counterpart, People on Independence Day
Lydian International Provides Responses to Environmental Audit Recommendations
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
World Junior Championship: Sahak Hovhannisyan – Silver Medalist
Jean-Claude Juncker Cut Holiday Short for Urgent Surgery
Armenian and Russian Defense Ministers Met in Moscow
7th Pan-Armenian Games Closing Ceremony Held in Yerevan
Feast of the Assumption of the Holy Mother of God
Mikael Minasyan: Serzh Sargsyan Will Be Arrested to Sidetrack Armenia Public From Real Issues for a While More (NEWS.am)
Nikol Pashinyan Sums Up the Proceedings of My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Organizers Negotiate with Obama for Potential WCIT 2019 Appearance in Yerevan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
"The Republic of Armenia Should Reclaim its Once-Glorious Reputation of Industrial Country" - PM Attends "My Step for Shirak Marz" Economic Forum
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Either President of Constitutional Court Must Step Down or Constitutional Reforms Possible: Lena Nazaryan
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Our Strength Comes From our Ideas, Country’s Leaders and Country’s Rating: Security Council Secretary
Wind: 6 km/h