At Least 500 Injured as Major Earthquake Strikes Iran
A magnitude 6.3 earthquake struck western Iran near its border with Iraq on Sunday night, injuring more than 500 people and sending fearful residents running into the streets, authorities said.
The Sunday temblor hit near Sarpol-e Zahab in Iran’s Kermanshah province, which was the epicenter of an earthquake last year that killed more than 600 people and where some still remain homeless, the Washington Post reports.
Officials reported damage at buildings both in town and in rural Kermanshah, as well as to some roadways. The temblor also downed power lines and caused power outages into the night as temperatures hovered around 8 degrees Celsius (46 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Bolton Urges Iran to Change Its Behavior Bolton tweeted: "The Iranian regime should understand that it must change its behavior now or continue to pay the cost for its destabilizing behavior, which only hurts the Iranian people."
- Armenia to Send Humanitarian Aid to Iran "We will send technical means, vehicles, and rescuers; we are specifying the numbers.”
- Iran Rights Lawyer Sotoudeh to Face Additional 10 Years in Jail She had in been found guilty of "colluding against the system, propaganda against the system... disrupting public order" and on several other counts.
- PM-Led Delegation is in Isfahan (photos) Nikol Pashinyan and Anna Hakobyan visited Imam and Sheikh Lothollah mosques, Ali Qapu Palace and Kesariyeh Bazari. During the tour, they were briefed on the history of Iranian spiritual and cultural institutions.
- Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif Resigns I am apologising you for all the shortcomings...in the past years during my time as foreign minister ... I thank the Iranian nation and officials
US Puts Up $10 Mln Reward For Hezbollah Information
Japan University Stops Hiring Smoking Professors
At Least 45 Children Killed in Sri Lanka Attacks
Bako Sahakyan attended the individual photo exhibition by Zaven Sargsyan
New Earthquake at 6.4 Magnitude Strikes Philippines
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Kazakh Ruling Party Nominates Tokayev For Presidency
Iranian Parliament Labels Entire U.S. Military As Terrorist
French MP on Notre Dame de Paris Fire: How Can One Blame God For Fire? (Exclusive)
Sri Lanka Attacks "Retaliation For New Zealand Christchurch"
Islamic State Claims Responsibility for Sri Lanka Bombings
Bolton Urges Iran to Change Its Behavior
Allies of Erdogan Plan to Silence Armenian Genocide Protest in Washington
Iran Could Send Revolutionary Guards to Venezuela to Protect Maduro
Chamber of Deputies of Czech Republic Ratifies Armenia-EU CEPA
Ararat Mirzoyan Sends Condolence Message to Speaker of Parliament of Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan Law Enforcement Failed to Address Warnings of Radical Muslim Attacks on Christian Churches
Bako Sahakyan Attended a Presentation, Organized by the National Polytechnic University of Armenia
Security Officials Call Upon Tourists to Leave the Sinai
North Korea's Kim to Meet Putin in Russia
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Who is Zahran Hashim, Alleged Mastermind of One of the Sri Lanka Attacks?
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Armenian Community Has Been Deeply Moved by the Fire of Notre Dame Cathedral: Daniele Cazarian - French Deputy of Armenian Origin (EXCLUSIVE)
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 8 km/h