Iran Unveils Long-Range Cruise Missile
Iran unveiled a new cruise missile with a range of 1,300 km (800 miles) on Saturday, state television reported, as the Middle Eastern country displays its achievements during celebrations marking the 40th anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution, Reuters reports.
"With a range of more than 1,300 km ... this cruise missile needs a very short time for its preparedness and can fly at a low altitude," Iranian Defence Minister Amir Hatami said in remarks carried by state television during the unveiling ceremony.
Hatami said the new surface-to-surface missile, named Hoveizeh, was from the Soumar family of cruise missiles, which were unveiled in 2015.
- Trump and Netanyahu Discuss ‘Threat from Iran’ The two last spoke on November 19, when Netanyahu thanked the president for Washington’s decision to repudiate a State Department legal opinion that said West Bank settlements were illegal.
- Six More Countries Join Trump-Busting Iran Barter Group The system has not yet enabled any transactions.
- Iranian Foreign Minister Held Talks With a Taliban Delegation Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif held talks in Tehran with a Taliban delegation led by Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, one of the group's founders, the official IRNA news agency reported on Wednesday.
- Iran Says Pro-Government Rally to Show who 'Real' Iranians are After days of state-sponsored marches in dozens of cities to condemn the unrest, Iran is holding a pro-government rally in the capital to be addressed by the commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards,...
- Terror Sponsors Must Stop Blaming Iran for Their Problems: Foreign Ministry "The very countries that spawn and promote terrorism and extremism and have interfered in the internal affairs of others by violating the principle of good neighborliness, and [those who] have weakened...
Cyprus to Launch Hague Court Case Over Turkey’s Gas Drilling
Japanese Scientist Takeo Kanade Awarded RA State Prize for Global IT Contribution
Roadways are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Resolution on Recognizing Armenian Genocide Blocked in US Senate
OSCE Minsk Group calls on the sides to engage in good faith substantive negotiations without artificial delays or conditions
Johnson Says Britain Can Soon Stop Talking about Brexit if He Wins Vote
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to the King of Thailand
Azerbaijan to Hold Parliamentary Elections on February 9
YouTube Reveals Its Most Popular Music Videos for 2019
Dutch Parliament Adopts Amendment to Open Embassy in Yerevan
President Sarkissian Met with a Group of Participants of the Silicon Mountain Conference
Mass Strike Paralyses France as Thousands of Protesters Take to Streets
The Newly Appointed Ambassador of the South African Republic Presented His Credentials to President Sarkissian
We are Aimed at Solving Very Tangible and Concrete Problems: Nikol Pashinyan
Security of Artsakh People will not be Compromised, Armenian FM Says at OSCE Ministerial Meeting
Risk of Escalation Remains in Karabakh: OSCE Chairperson
The World's Most Expensive Christmas Tree
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Participated in the Meeting of the Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Committee to Investigate Possible Corruption Risks at Yerevan Municipality Formed in Armenia Parliament
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Wind: 4 km/h