Pashinyan and Aliyev Accepted the Minsk Group Co-Chairs' Proposal to Meet Soon: Statement
The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group (Igor Popov of the Russian Federation, Stéphane Visconti of France, and Andrew Schofer of the United States of America) summed up the visit to the region in February, during which separate meetings with Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and Foreign Ministers of the two countries were held.
The report, released by the Co-Chairs, reads that the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group met with Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan in Yerevan on 20 February and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev in Baku on 21 February to discuss preparations for a meeting of the leaders in the near future, including possible topics for discussion. The Co-Chairs also held discussions with the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan in their respective capitals. The Co-Chairs were joined by the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office, Andrzej Kasprzyk.
During the meetings in the region, the leaders briefed the Co-Chairs on their recent conversation on the margins of the World Economic Forum in Davos in January. The leaders and the Co-Chairs discussed the situation on the ground and their expectations for next steps.
The Co-Chairs assessed positively the continuing lack of casualties on the line of contact. They also welcomed the developing discussions in the region about preparing populations for peace.
The leaders accepted the Minsk Group Co-Chairs' proposal to meet soon under their auspices.
Following their visit to the region, the Co-Chairs and the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office travelled to Vienna and Bratislava from 28 February to 1 March to brief the Permanent Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group countries, OSCE Secretary General Thomas Greminger, and OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Slovak Foreign Minister Miroslav Lajčák.
- ANCA Applauds Overwhelming Bipartisan House Passage of Chu Amendment to Strengthen Artsakh Cease-Fire We welcome today’s historic U.S. House vote for peace.
- OSCE Mission Monitoring: Azerbaijani Side Didn't Lead the OSCE Mission to its Front-Line Positions From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
- OSCE Mission to Conduct Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact The authorities of the Republic of Artsakh have expressed their readiness to assist in conducting the monitoring and to ensure the security of the OSCE Mission members.
- OSCE PA's Luxembourg Declaration Cites Need for Karabakh Settlement The Declaration also encourages the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan to intensify their dialogue in the context of the mediation led by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and to take “specific and tangible...
- Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination The assumption that Armenia can negotiate under a threat is very dangerous.
Interdepartmental Committee on Development of Armenian National Security Strategy Created
Armenia Operative Headquarters Set Up
Armenian FM to Depart for US on Working Visit
EU Renews Sanctions on N.Korea over Nuclear Program
New Zealand PM "Utterly" Disagrees With Trump's Tweets On Congresswomen
May God Keep You in Good Health: Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates IRI Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei on birthday
Turkey says EU sanctions won't deter from drilling activity
Artsakh President Chairs Government’s Meeting
The Conclusions Adopted by the EU Will In No Way Affect Turkey's Determination to Continue Its Hydrocarbon Activities in the Eastern Mediterranean: Turkish MFA
Pakistan Reopens Airspace Months After India Standoff
Assange will not Be Extradited to Any Country with Death Penalty
EU Agrees Sanctions Against Turkey for Drilling off Cyprus
Minister of Justice Rustam Badasyan Sworn in at Presidential Palace
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Sarkissian Visited the Megerian Carpet Company
ICE Launches Small-Scale Immigration Raids in Some US Cities
China Says will Cut Ties with US Firms Selling Arms to Taiwan
Boris Johnson to Seek Trump Trade Deal in First Move as Leader
Floods and Landslides Kill at Least 88 People in Nepal and India
Government Discusses Armenia State Interest Fund’s Activities
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Sense of Realizing Mistake of Interfering With Law Enforcement
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Armenia-EU Relationships
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Washington Meetings Not to Yield Serious Results?
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Wind: 12 km/h