Turkish President's Attempt to Take Advantage of New Zealand Attacks
Statements from various sides came to condemn the March 15 New Zealand attack. Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's statement is particularly noteworthy.
Following the mosque attacks, Turkey called for an urgent meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation. The Turkish president made even more remarkable statements:
- As people were fighting anti-Semitism after the Holocaust, so should they do against the rising Islamophobia.
- We must emphasize that there is absolutely no difference between the murderer who murdered innocent people in New Zealand and those who committed terrorist acts.
- They try us from 16,500 km. It is not an individual but organized case.
Erdogan further pointed out that the terrorists will pay, if New Zealand does not make them pay, Turkey will do.
If we come to analyze the above-mentioned statements, Erdogan tries to equate the victims of Holocaust to the victims of attacks in New Zealand, thus attempting to kick start the fight against Islamophobia and show up as the father of the Islamic world and boosting his reputation in the Islamic world. Erdogan with his political and religious statements has always tried to stand for Islam and the Islamic world. In the given case he spoke on behalf of 83 million people.
Ahead of the local elections in Turkey, Erdogan's statements made against the backdrop of New Zealand attack are addressed to the domestic audience, moreover aim to beef up the reputation of the AKP.
Given the disagreements between Erdogan and Australia’s Prime Minister Scott Morrison, it could be concluded that Erdogan tried to show his people that he is not afraid of any country and is ready to "fight" everyone for preserving Islam.
To recap, Recep Tayyip Erdogan tried to take advantage of this tragic incident, that left dozens of casualties, for his own political interests and for gaining dividends and strengthening his position both in his country and in the Islamic world.
- Turkey’s Leader Met Two E.U. Presidents. The Woman Among Them Didn’t Get a Chair Von der Leyen stood staring at them, gestured with her right hand and appeared to say "um" or "ehm."
- EU Freezes Turkey Sanctions Plan Work has stopped on additional blacklistings of Turkish individuals, and we are not talking of economic sanctions anymore.
- NATO Chief Expresses 'Serious Concerns' Over Turkey's Actions Though it has been a NATO member since 1952, Turkey has angered members of the alliance over the last few years in a string of moves.
- Turkey Considers Purchasing 2nd Regiment of Russian-Made S-400 Air Defense Systems "Our work on the second [regiment] of S-400 systems continues," he said in an interview with the Turkish NTV television channel.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
Lavrov Speaks about Russia's Role in Finding Solutions to Issues of Dispute Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Some Roads Are Cosed in Armenia
Ahmet Davutoglu Asks Erdogan Not to Talk about the Exchange Rate of the Lira
Bayramov and Mirzoyan to Meet in Stockholm on December 2
Putin and Erdogan May Talk by Phone on December 3 and Touch on Ukraine: Peskov
A Meeting of the Deputy Prime Ministers of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Russia Will Be Held in Moscow Today
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Azerbaijan Uses Any Method to Violate the Human Rights of the People of Artsakh and Cause Inconvenience
Armenia’s National Security Service Completes Investigation of High Treason Case
Serzh Sargsyan Today is Remotely Participating in the International Interparty Videoconference
GM Levon Aronian Now Represents the United States
Armenia Revenue Committee Chief: Our Customs Officers are Already on Goris-Kapan Motorway
Armenia Records 339020 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Sweden
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Charles Michel: Political Dialogue Between Armenia and Azerbaijan May Lead to a Sustainable Settlement
US Embassy in Armenia Has Published Historical Facts about the Armenian-American Relations
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Representatives of Central Board of the Ramkavar Azatakan Party
Process of Unblocking Communications Does Not Presuppose Provision of Any Extraterritorial 'Corridor': Mher Grigoryan
Paris Needs to Support the Armenian People: French Senate
Armenian Scientists Become Eligible for the EU's Largest Funding Program
Artsakh National Security Service Releases Statement on Incident Near Shushi Checkpoint
Man Detained near Shushi to Be Handed over to Artsakh Law Enforcement Agencies: Ombudsman
Ararat Mirzoyan, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne Discussed Peaceful Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
West at Risk of Conflict with Russia, Britain's Army Chief Says
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Azerbaijan Forces Open Fire in the Direction of Armenian Positions in Verin Shorzha
Under the Guise of Unblocking the Roads, the Azerbaijani Authorities are Pursuing a Targeted Policy of Isolating the Civilian Residential Communities of Armenia: Tatoyan
Another Act of Vandalism Committed by Azerbaijanis (video)
Foreign and Defense Ministers of France and Russia Discussed the Dituation around Nagorno-Karabakh