France Should Contribute to Return of Artsakh to Negotiation table: Statement by France-Artsakh Friendship Circle
The France-Artsakh Friendship Circle issued a statement on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Agreement on the full cessation of fire and hostilities. The Artsakh MFA press service informs about this.
The document, which has been released on May 13, notes that after the war, which lasted 4 years and claimed 30,000 lives, the peace in the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict zone, though fragile, became the main achievement gained thanks to the Ceasefire Agreement signed by Armenia, Azerbaijan and Artsakh on May 12, 1994.
The statement also underlines that the France-Artsakh Friendship Circle appreciates the ceasefire in the conflict zone that has been lasting for a quarter of a century and calls for the signing of a trilateral Agreement on lasting peace.
"Peace is always welcomed, and in this context, it is important to note that the Republic of Artsakh, which has been existing for over a quarter of a century in the conditions of conflict with Azerbaijan, is the main guarantor of the right to life of the people of Artsakh. Final peace is not achieved, as the armed confrontation is still underway. However, there is relative peace established thanks to the only trilateral Agreement signed also by Artsakh”, said Chairman of the France-Artsakh Friendship Circle Gui Tessier.
Touching upon the current tension on the Line of Contact between the armed forces of Artsakh and Azerbaijan, he noted that the victims on both sides are a tragedy for the families and societies, adding that the tension hinders the development of the region.
“The positive role of the Ceasefire Agreement convincingly proves that for the achievement of considerable progress in the negotiation process it should involve all the parties to the conflict. Considering this fact, France should contribute to the return of the Republic of Artsakh to the negotiation table for increasing the opportunities for the achievement of progress", stressed the Chairman of the France-Artsakh Friendship Circle.
- Awarding Ceremony in Connection With the 95th Anniversary of Formation of the Statistics System of Artsakh On 26 June a solemn ceremony of awarding took place at the Artsakh Republic President's residence in connection with the 95th anniversary of formation of the statistics system of Artsakh.
- ANCA Welcomes Introduction of Sherman Amendment on Azerbaijan’s Threats to Shoot Down Civilian Aircraft Measure would Block U.S. Support for Azerbaijani Military's Airstrike Capabilities.
- OSCE Mission Monitoring: Azerbaijani Side Didn't Lead the OSCE Mission to its Front-Line Positions From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
- Comment by MFA Press Secretary Anna Naghdalyan on the Latest Statement of the Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan The claims made by the Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan do not correspond to reality. Such approaches are counterproductive, which devalues the seriousness of the peace process.
- OSCE to Conduct Monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border The authorities of the Republic of Artsakh have expressed their readiness to assist in conducting the monitoring and to ensure the security of the OSCE Mission members.
Japan Welcomes G20 Leaders for Summit Centred on Climate Change
2 Killed, 22 Injured As Russian Plane Makes Emergency Landing
Maduro Says He Will Be 'Ruthless' If Opposition Attempts Coup
PM Receives EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the Crisis in Georgia
France Closing Dozens of Schools Because of a Heatwave
Georgian Deputy PM to Visit Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Georgian Citizen of Armenian Origin Injured in Tbilisi Clashes
Egypt Says 7 Policemen Killed in Sinai Jihadist Attack
Awarding Ceremony in Connection With the 95th Anniversary of Formation of the Statistics System of Artsakh
Pompeo Meets Indian Leader Amid Trade Tensions
ANCA Welcomes Introduction of Sherman Amendment on Azerbaijan’s Threats to Shoot Down Civilian Aircraft
Macron Speaks to Rouhani to Try to Ease Mideast Tension
Arshavir Gharamyan Appointed Secretary of the Artsakh Republic Security Council
Brazil's Supreme Court Rejects Request to Free Ex-President Lula
U.S. Aims to Restart China Trade Talks, Will Not Accept Conditions on Tariff Use
Iraqi President Says will not Let US Attack Iran from His Territory
Stephanie Grisham to Replace Sarah Sanders As White House Press Secretary
North Korea Lashes Out at US 'Hostile Acts' As Trump Heads to Asia
Iran Foreign Minister Accuses US’ Bolton of Plotting For War
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Artsakh Should Be Fully Involved in the Humanitarian Events: Expert
There is No Religion For Food, All Are Human Beings
What is the "Summit of Minds"
MFA Statement on the Scheduled Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Washington D.C.
Wind: 5 km/h