Theresa May's Withdrawal Bill Delayed
Theresa May's Brexit withdrawal bill will not be published or debated until early June, the government says, BBC reports.
The prime minister is continuing to face pressure from her own MPs to resign following her pledge of a "new deal" on Brexit.
It comes after Commons leader Andrea Leadsom stepped down on Wednesday night over the PM's Brexit policy.
Downing Street has announced she will be replaced by Treasury minister Mel Stride.
Several cabinet ministers have told the BBC that Mrs May cannot stay in her post.
On Wednesday, Theresa May told the Commons that the legislation would be published on Friday.
Second reading is when MPs get a first chance to debate legislation, before deciding whether it should proceed to detailed scrutiny.
- Brexit: UK Government Publishes Worst-case Scenario for No-Deal It outlines a series of "reasonable worst case assumptions" for the impact of a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.
- Brexit: Scottish Judges Rule Parliament Suspension is Unlawful The Court of Session decision overturns an earlier ruling from the court, which said last week that Mr Johnson had not broken the law.
- Boris Johnson’s second bid to call General Election Fails Opposition parties united to block Johnson's bid to take the country to the polls, distrustful of the prime minister and wary of any chicanery that could see the administration change the date of the election...
- Brexit: U.K. Parliament to Be Suspended After Vote on General Election At present, UK law states that the country will leave the EU on 31 October, regardless of whether a withdrawal deal has been agreed with Brussels or not.
- Johnson: No-Deal Brexit 'would Be a Failure' Mr Johnson has ruled out asking the EU to delay the Brexit deadline of 31 October - but the Irish government said it would support another extension.
Relatives of Four-Day Artsakh War Heroes to Be Baptized at Armenian Church in Shushi
Armen Sarkissian Send Condolence Telegram on Death of His Holiness Aram I's Mother
Houthi Group Attacked Saudi Arabia’s Oil Facilities
Trump Announced That bin Laden's Son Was Killed
Tunisia Holds Presidential Elections
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation of the Yerevan State Medical University
Arms Sale by Some CSTO Members to Azerbaijan Discredits Organization: Armenian MFA
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Eve of the Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Artsakh Republic President Met with a Group of Participants of ''The Past, Present and Future of the Armenian Statehood'' International Conference
World Championship: Greco-Roman Wrestlers Leave for Kazakhstan
President of Artsakh Convenes Working Consultation
Alex Chung to Join Kim Kardashian West on a Panel at WCIT 2019 in Yerevan
Armenia’s MFA Responds to Russia’s Statement about Granting Status of Observer to Azerbaijan in CSTO
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia's Defense Ministry Plans to Establish a New Agency
The Proposal for Organizing a Meeting Between Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Was Voiced by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Trump Says Iranian Leadership ‘Wants to Meet’
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Mikael Minasyan: Serzh Sargsyan Will Be Arrested to Sidetrack Armenia Public From Real Issues for a While More (NEWS.am)
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
Not Rejection But Eexpression of Ssovereignty: Armenia’s FM on PM’s Decision Not to Participate in Economic Forum in Poland
"Our Task is to Get the Best Possible Result for Each Dram Invested and Spent in Every Area" - PM Attends My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Wind: 8 km/h