UEFA Rules Block Arsenal's Plans to Show Support For Henrikh Mkhitaryan During the Europa League Final
Arsenal players' plans to show support for Henrikh Mkhitaryan during the Europa League final have been blocked by strict UEFA rules, Daily Mail reports.
The squad had spoken about how they could show support for their Armenian team-mate, who feels he is not able to travel to Azerbaijan for security reasons.
Wearing shirts with Mkhitaryan's name on the back for the warm-up was discussed.
But UEFA insiders have confirmed any such moves are prohibited by strict rules.
The kit the players wear during the game — as well as any potential post-match winners' T-shirts — are subject to approval by European football's governing body, too.
Staff at Arsenal are wary of making a statement about Mkhitaryan in Baku, where there are long-standing political tensions with Armenia.
They do not want to invite hostility, so it appears the final will pass without a tribute to the 30-year-old, who will be watching at home.
- Armenia is the 97th in FIFA Ranking The FIFA ranking new list was announced on June 14.
- Weightlifter Varazdat Lalayan – Junior World Champion In the super heavy weight class (+109 kg) the Armenian representative registered total 419 kg (192+227) and lifted a kilo more than Iranian runner-up Ali Davudi.
- Levon Aronian Won Azerbaijani Grandmaster Shakhriyar Mamedyarov at Norway Chess 2019 Tournamnet. Leader of Armenian chess team Levon Aronian won Azerbaijani grandmaster Shakhriyar Mamedyarov at Norway Chess 2019 tournament.
- Malkhas Amoyan - European Junior Champion Malkhas Amoyan (72 kg) was named a European junior champion, Hayk Melikyan (67 kg) became a silver medalist and Sahak Hovhannisyan (60 kg) won a bronze medal.
- European Championship: Hrachya Poghosyan – Bronze Medalist In the fight for bronze the Armenian wrestler had a confident victory 9:0 over Belarusian Aliaksandr Pechurenka.
Anti-Trump Activists Hold Rallies Across US to Call for Impeachment
Iran's Foreign Ministry Summons UK Ambassador
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Visited the Regions of Askeran and Martakert
Bihar: Heatwave Claims 29 Lives in Three Districts
Weather Forecast in Armenia: Short-Term Rain with Thunderstorm Is Predicted
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Around 140 Times
Putin Gives Chinese President Ice-Cream on His 66th Birthday
Armenian PM, German Bundestag Vice President Discuss Issues of Mutual Interest
White House Guests Sing 'Happy Birthday' to Trump (VIDEO)
Artsakh MFA Welcomes the Statements by the Mayors of the French Cities on Their Intention to Maintain the Friendly Relations with the People of Artsakh
"The Policy of Working with the Diaspora Should be Made More Effective" - PM Receives Zareh Sinanyan
Armenia is the 97th in FIFA Ranking
EU Calls For Maximum Restraint As US Blames Iran For Tanker Attacks
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
China Flood Death Toll Jumps to 61
Sudan Military Admits It Ordered Brutal Crackdown on Protesters
Britain Backs U.S. in Blaming Iran For Tanker Attacks
Swiss Women Strike For More Money, Time And Respect
Trump Says Neither Iran Nor US Are Ready to Make a Deal
Sudan Charges Ousted Leader al-Bashir With Corruption
Magnifier: Public Discrepancies and Fight Against Them
Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Child Marriages Still in Place in India
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Despite the Obstacles Imposed by Azerbaijan, Artsakh’s International Ties will Continue to Expand and Deepen
Artworks on Scarves: Exclusive Interview with “Artuyt” Founder Arevik Arakelyan
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Wind: 10 km/h