Tokayev Sworn in As Kazakhstan’s President
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took the oath of office as Kazakhstan’s president at a ceremony in the Independence Palace in the capital Nur-Sultan on Wednesday.
"I solemnly swear to faithfully serve the people of Kazakhstan, strictly observe the constitution and the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan, guarantee the rights and freedoms of citizens, conscientiously perform the high duties of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan entrusted to me," Tokayev said.
Tokayev, 66, a former Senate speaker, was elected president of Kazakhstan in an early election held on June 9, securing nearly 71% of the vote. He succeeded Nursultan Nazarbayev, who announced his resignation in March after 30 years in power, TASS reports.
- Kazakhstan to Hold Early Presidential Election on June 9 Interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, calls a snap election, citing the need to eliminate political uncertainty.
- Nazarbayev's Resignation to Improve Kazakhstan's Image: Marat Shibutov, Political Scientist (EXCLUSIVE) Kazakh political scientist Marat Shibutov, in an interview with "Armedia" IAA comments on Nursultan Nazarbayev’s resignation.
- More than 40 Countries Cooperate with Eurasian Economic Union 2017 was successful. Trade turnover between our countries grew 27%. We see great interest towards our union, today more than 40 countries are cooperating with us.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives Kazakhstan Ambassador The Premier highlighted the diversification of bilateral economic cooperation, stressing that the current level of bilateral trade turnover does not correspond to the existing potential.
- Kazakhstan Will Give $100 Million to Kyrgyzstan for Its Eurasian Integration A joint audit commission to ensure targeted and effective use of the provided assistance will be established within the Kazakh-Kyrgyz Intergovernmental Council.
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Bodies of 30 Armenian Servicemen Returned by Azerbaijani Side Unrecognizable
Armenia Records 166036 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Eve of the Fast of Catechumens
Joe Biden Is Secretly Kurdish and Emigrated to the United States from Yerevan: Turkish Former Deputy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs of the Republic of Armenia
Iran FM Calls on New US Administration to Lift All Sanctions Imposed Under Trump
Five More Bodies of War Casualties Retrieved from Karabakh Conflict Zone
Artsakh Military Releases Names of 72 More Fallen Troops
Russian State TV to Screen Film Dedicated to Arno Babajanyan’s 100th Anniversary on Saturday
More than 50,500 Artsakh People Transported to Stepanakert from Yerevan After War
Trump Speaks to Press for First Time Since Stepping Down as US President
Armenia Records 165909 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Rads are Closed in Armenia
Members of UK House of Lords Make Statements in Support of Karabakh
Azerbaijan Launches Criminal Case against 2 Lebanese-Armenians Captured in Karabakh
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Georgia Held a Meeting in Tsinandali
Gagik Jhangiryan and David Khachatryan Elected Members of Supreme Judicial Council
Artsakh's Foreign Ministry Welcomes European Parliament's Position on NK Conflict
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 5 km/h