Tokayev Sworn in As Kazakhstan’s President
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took the oath of office as Kazakhstan’s president at a ceremony in the Independence Palace in the capital Nur-Sultan on Wednesday.
"I solemnly swear to faithfully serve the people of Kazakhstan, strictly observe the constitution and the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan, guarantee the rights and freedoms of citizens, conscientiously perform the high duties of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan entrusted to me," Tokayev said.
Tokayev, 66, a former Senate speaker, was elected president of Kazakhstan in an early election held on June 9, securing nearly 71% of the vote. He succeeded Nursultan Nazarbayev, who announced his resignation in March after 30 years in power, TASS reports.
- Kazakhstan to Hold Early Presidential Election on June 9 Interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, calls a snap election, citing the need to eliminate political uncertainty.
- Nazarbayev's Resignation to Improve Kazakhstan's Image: Marat Shibutov, Political Scientist (EXCLUSIVE) Kazakh political scientist Marat Shibutov, in an interview with "Armedia" IAA comments on Nursultan Nazarbayev’s resignation.
- More than 40 Countries Cooperate with Eurasian Economic Union 2017 was successful. Trade turnover between our countries grew 27%. We see great interest towards our union, today more than 40 countries are cooperating with us.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives Kazakhstan Ambassador The Premier highlighted the diversification of bilateral economic cooperation, stressing that the current level of bilateral trade turnover does not correspond to the existing potential.
- Kazakhstan Will Give $100 Million to Kyrgyzstan for Its Eurasian Integration A joint audit commission to ensure targeted and effective use of the provided assistance will be established within the Kazakh-Kyrgyz Intergovernmental Council.
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Russia to Pay Fee to Council of Europe after Powers Are Restored
Venezuela's Former Spy Chief Says Maduro Could Yet Fall
Trump: I Don't Need Congressional Approval to Strike Iran
Trump Muses Privately About Ending Postwar Japan Defense Pact
OSCE Mission Monitoring: Azerbaijani Side Didn't Lead the OSCE Mission to its Front-Line Positions
Boris Johnson Under Pressure in UK Prime Minister Race
Saudi Minister: 'Iran’s Policies Are Not Acceptable And Have to Change'
China, U.S. Trade Officials Talk Ahead of Trump-Xi Meeting
N Korea Not Ready to Denuclearize
PM Attends Opening Ceremony of Francophonie Park in Town of Masis
Iran’s Rouhani: US Sanctions on Khamenei Futile As He Has ‘No Foreign Assets’
Trump Plans to Meet With Xi, Putin and Erdogan This Week at G-20
Pilot Killed As Two Eurofighter Jets Collide in Midair
Comment by MFA Press Secretary Anna Naghdalyan on the Latest Statement of the Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Attended Photo Exhibition in Geneva Dedicated to Armenia’s Velvet Revolution
President Sarkissian Proposes to Hold 6th STARMUS Global Festival of Science Communication And Art in Armenia
Georgia Authorities Release Detained Armenian National
Saudi King Salman Meets With Pompeo
Statement by Zohrab Mnatsakanyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, at the High-Level Segment of the 41st Session of the UN Human Rights Council
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Artworks on Scarves: Exclusive Interview with “Artuyt” Founder Arevik Arakelyan
Artsakh Should Be Fully Involved in the Humanitarian Events: Expert
There is No Religion For Food, All Are Human Beings
Wind: 19 km/h