Trump: US not Seeking 'Regime Change' in Iran
The United States is not pushing to topple Iran's leadership, President Donald Trump said, adding "a lot of progress" has been made to ease tensions that recently threatened to ignite a war, al-Jazeera reports.
Trump responded that Washington is determined to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.
"We are not looking for regime change. We are not looking for that at all," the US president said. "We'll see what happens. But a lot of progress has been made."
But he added: "They can't have a nuclear weapon. They can't be testing ballistic missiles."
Trump did not elaborate on the "progress" made, but US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said at the same cabinet meeting that Iran had said it was prepared to negotiate over its missile programme.
- Netanyahu Hails Israel Strikes Against Syria to Foil Iran 'Killer Drone Attack' In what Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called a “major operational effort,” Israeli fighters hit the Syrian town of Aqraba, between downtown Damascus and the city’s airport, around 11 p.m. Saturday.
- Trump Attacks Macron for Sending Iran 'Mixed Signals' It was not immediately clear what Trump was referring to, but a report earlier this week said Macron had invited Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to this month’s G7 summit to meet Trump. A French diplomat...
- Russia and Iran to Train Together ‘This Year’ As They Fight Back Against U.S. Policies Iran and Russia's decision to shore up defense ties came amid heightened tensions in the Middle East, where the U.S. and the U.K. have accused the Islamic Republic of disrupting commercial traffic within...
- U.S. Puts Sanctions on Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif The sanctions against Zarif would block any property or interests he has in the United States, but the Iranian foreign minister said he had none.
- Iran Sentences Former Tehran Mayor to Death for Killing Wife Najafi resigned as mayor in 2018, after hard-liners criticized him over a video showing he attended a dance performance by young girls at a school show.
Guardian: Trump's Demands for Russia's Readmission Cause Row among G7 Leaders
Germany Notified Upon the Completion of its Internal Procedures Necessary for the Ratification of the Armenia-EU Agreement
Saudi Arabia, UAE Form Committee to Stabilize Yemen Ceasefire
Oil Drops as Recession Risks Mount with Trade War Tariffs
Two Candidates Made it to Presidential Runoff in Abkhazia
"Gyumri is to be the Focus of Armenia Independence Day Festivities this Year" – Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Gyumri Residents on City Day
Consultation on Water Supply Issues in Stepanakert
Trump Dampens Macron Optimism on Iran Talks
Trump Says 'Certainly Possible' Putin Could Be Invited to G-7
More Than 50 Armenian Passengers Standed at Sharm El Sheikh Airport
Gyumri Day is Celebrated, Armenia PM to Attend
Armenia PM Has Congratulated the People of Kapan
Netanyahu Hails Israel Strikes Against Syria to Foil Iran 'Killer Drone Attack'
Malatia Mall Fire Contained at Dawn
Stepanakert Airport Hosts Third Artsakh Airfest
Macron Opens G7 Summit with Working Dinner
French Wine-Makers Hope for G7 Detente with Trump Over Tariffs
President Sarkissian Congratulates Zelensky on Ukrainian Independence Day
President Sahakyan Visited a Number of Water Supply Facilities in Stepanakert
5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Environmentalists conduct protest action in front of government building against Amulsar exploitation
Conscript Ghazaryan had no injuries before appearing on Azerbaijani territory: Investigative Committee
Wind: 6 km/h