Hot Line With Azerbaijani President Does Not Guarantee There Will Be No Victims – Pashinyan
The hot line between the Prime Minister of Armenia and president of Azerbaijan operates, but unfortunately, it does not guarantee there will be no victims on the contact line, PM Pashinyan said in an interview with head of Armenian service of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) Hrayr Tamrazian, ARMENPRESS reports.
“But we make efforts for having clear results of the negotiations. Why there are no clear results of the negotiations? Now when I want to describe the situation for the representatives of the international community why there is no progress in negotiations, I say that there is only one reason. When I was elected Prime Minister of Armenia, I announced at the National Assembly that any solution to Karabakh issue must be acceptable for the peoples of Armenia, Karabakh and Azerbaijan. This was an unprecedented announcement in our reality, because no leader of the Republic of Armenia has ever said that any solution must be acceptable for the people of Azerbaijan.
This is a very important announcement and creates firm grounds for the progress of the negotiations. Therefore, why there is no progress? For very clear reason. Because the president of Azerbaijan refuses to say the same sentence. He should say that any solution to Karabakh issue should be acceptable for the people of Azerbaijan, Karabakh and Armenia”, Pashinyan emphasized.
According to the PM, as far as the Azerbaijani president has not pronounced that sentence, the negotiations will not be productive.
“Therefore, anyone that thinks that Karabakh issue solution can be acceptable for the people of Azerbaijan but unacceptable for the people of Karabakh or Armenia, he does not know the people of Karabakh or Armenia”, Pashinyan concluded.
- OSCE to Conduct Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border The authorities of the Republic of Artsakh have expressed their readiness to assist in conducting the monitoring and to ensure the security of the OSCE Mission members.
- Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet Soon He noted that there is an agreement between the foreign ministers of the two countries and the co-chairs to announce the meeting simultaneously.
- Maria Zakharova about Pashinyan's Statement "Artsakh is Armenia" Russian Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Maria Zakharova was asked to express Moscow's attitude as one of the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group to the statement of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia...
- Armenia Committed to its Approaches, FM Comments on NK Talks Speaking of the dynamics of the peace process, Minister Mnatsakanyan said: “We haven’t taken any break since May of the last year and have been engaged in the process without any delay.”
- Armenia Soldier Wounded by Azerbaijan The Investigative Committee of Armenia has launched a criminal case into this incident, and on the grounds of attempted murder.
Deadly Clashes On Tajik-Kyrgyz Border Leave One Dead
Ex-President of Armenia Will Remain in Custody
President Sarkissian Receives International Experts, Venture Investors Luigi Amati and Brigitt Bauma
Khamenei Says Iranian Officials 'Will Never Talk To America'
Blackout Hits 4 Nations in Central America, Affects Millions
Trump Says U.S. Reaches Trade Deals With Japan, No Word on Cars
OSCE to Conduct Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border
Trump: ‘We’d Certainly Like to Avoid’ War With Iran
Armenian Prime Minister to Travel to United States on Working Visit
Israelis Vote in Second General Election in Five Months
PM Attends Housewarming Ceremonies in Jrashen Community of Lori Marz
UN General Assembly 74th Session to Open September 17
Bako Sahakyan Received Representatives of the "My Step Foundation"
Pashinyan Reiterates Position on Acceptable Karabakh Resolution
Artsakh Republic Parliament Speaker Invites Alexis Ohanian to Visit Artsakh
Artsakh Republic President Attended a Solemn Opening Ceremony of a Capitally Renovated School in Kashatagh
Hassan Rouhani Is Expected in Yerevan on October 1: Pashinyan
Armenia's President Signs Decree to Dismiss NSS Chief
A Historic Agreement between Serbs and Albanians Is the Only Way to Achieve Lasting Peace: Serbian Prime Minister
National Security Service Director of Armenia Resigns
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
CSTO Will Always Welcome Cooperation with all the Former Republics of the USSR: Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
Wind: 8 km/h