Iran Says Breaks up CIA Spy Ring, Some Sentenced to Death
Iran has captured 17 spies working for the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and some have been sentenced to death, Reuters reports
State television quoted the Intelligence Ministry as saying it had broken up a CIA spying ring and captured 17 suspects. A ministry official said some of those arrested had been sentenced to death, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.
The announcement comes after three months of spiraling confrontation with the West that began when new tighter U.S. sanctions took effect at the start of May.
- Trump Attacks Macron for Sending Iran 'Mixed Signals' It was not immediately clear what Trump was referring to, but a report earlier this week said Macron had invited Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to this month’s G7 summit to meet Trump. A French diplomat...
- Russia and Iran to Train Together ‘This Year’ As They Fight Back Against U.S. Policies Iran and Russia's decision to shore up defense ties came amid heightened tensions in the Middle East, where the U.S. and the U.K. have accused the Islamic Republic of disrupting commercial traffic within...
- U.S. Puts Sanctions on Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif The sanctions against Zarif would block any property or interests he has in the United States, but the Iranian foreign minister said he had none.
- Iran Sentences Former Tehran Mayor to Death for Killing Wife Najafi resigned as mayor in 2018, after hard-liners criticized him over a video showing he attended a dance performance by young girls at a school show.
- Trump: Iran never loses negotiation The statement comes after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tweeted on Monday that Iran had rejected his proposal to visit Tehran to address the Iranian people.
Alexander Lukashenko Has Congratulated Armenian Apostolic Church Leader on his Birthday
“We Consider you the Friend of Democracy in Armenia" - PM Holds Farewell Meeting with Piotr Switalski
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Artsakh Republic President Handed in the ''Anania Shirakatsi'' Medal to Famed Geologist from Russia Sergey Vardanyan
Serzh Sargsyan Congratulates His Holiness Garegin II on Birthday
OSCE Mission Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Passed in Accordance with the Agreed Schedule
Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan Loses in Round 4 of Tournament
PM, RyanAir Representatives Discuss Prospects for Irish Carrier’s Involvement in Armenia
PM Nikol Pashinyan Extends Birthday Greetings to Catholicos of All Armenians
Serbia to Sign Free Trade Zone Agreement with EAEU on October 25
ARF-D offers referendum for the solution of Amulsar issue
Earthquake Hits Armenia
Armenia National Security Service uncovers embezzlement at MOD
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Uruguay’s President Says He Has Lung Cancer
Artsakh President Congratulates His Holiness Garegin II on Birthday
Government Discussed Potential Entry of Ryanair into Armenian Market
Honduras' Ex-First Lady Convicted of Fraud, Embezzlement
Less Water Released from Lake Sevan This Year: Nikol Pashinyan
Venezuelan Leader Nicolás Maduro Confirms Months of Secret US Talks
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Our Strength Comes From our Ideas, Country’s Leaders and Country’s Rating: Security Council Secretary
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Wind: 6 km/h