World Cup: Armenian Chess Players’ Start Without Victory
The FIDE World Cup has kicked off in Russian Khanty-Mansiysk where Armenia has four representatives.
In the first game of the first round Levon Aronyan has tied the game with Egyptian Essam El Gindy, Sergei Movsesian – with Russian Grigoriy Oparin while Robert Hovhannisyan has lost to Russian Anton Demchenko and Armenia’s current champion Arman Pashikyan has suffered defeat from Iranian Alireza Firouzja.
The second games of the first round will be played on September 11.
Chess players play two classic games in a knock-out tournament and in case of having no winner the struggle continues in a tie-break by the rules of rapid and blitz chess.
- Armenian National Team is 89th in FIFA World Cup Rankings The Belgian national team is still on top of the world rankings. Brazil, England, France and Italy are also on Top 5.
- "I Don't Speak Armenian, but I'm Armenian": Alain Prost - Living Legend of Formula One Alain is a four-time World Formula One Drivers' Champion (1985, 1986, 1989, 1993). In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Prost set a number of records and only Michael Schumacher managed to break them a...
- Armenia Advances in FIFA Rankings The rankings are still led by Belgium, followed by Brazil, France Brazil, England and Italy.
- Tokyo 2020: Armenia’s Simon Martirosyan Wins Silver in Weightlifting In clean and jerk, Martirosyan failed to lift 228kg and then 238kg. With a mark of 435 Martirosyan finished second.
- Armenian Gymnast Artur Davtyan Wins Bronze at Tokyo Olympics The Armenian athlete scored 14․733 points in the men's vault event to win the bronze medal on Monday.
Russia Considers Minsk Group an Important Tool for NK Conflict Settlement
President of Iran Sends Congratulatory Message to Prime Minister of Armenia on Independence Day
Kremlin Regrets Erdogan's Remarks on Crimea Amid Preparations for His Visit to Russia
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ukrainian Presidential Aide Survives Assassination Attempt
Secretary Blinken, Turkey’s Cavusoglu Discuss Nagorno Karabakh
Armenia Records 254709 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Putin Appoints Armenia's Mikayel Aghasandyan Russia's Permanent and Plenipotentiary Representative to CSTO
Russia Regrets Turkey’s Refusal to Recognize Duma Election Results in Crimea - Kremlin
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Largest Flag of Armenia Raised in Yeraskh village of Ararat Province
Vladimir Putin Sends Congratulatory Message to Nikol Pashinyan
We Look Forward to Continuing to Support the Armenian People on their Democratic Journey - Joseph Biden Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan
Arayik Harutyunyan Visited the First President of the Republic of Armenia Levon Ter-Petrosyan
US Remains Committed to Helping Negotiate Long-Term Political Settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict. Blinken
President of the Artsakh Republic Paid Tribute in ''Yerablur'' Military Pantheon
Armenia Records 254436 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Today, the History of Our Country, the People, the Present, and the Future are Intertwined: President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian
The Independence of the Native Country is the Greatest Value: Catholicos Karekin II
Armenia Marks the 29th Anniversary of Independence
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Trump Says He’d Beat Biden in a Boxing Match
Lebanese-Armenian George Bojkian Appointed Minister in the New Lebanese Government
Arayik Harutyunyan Convened an Enlarged Working Consultation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Construction of Nord Stream 2 Completed: Gazprom
Zelensky's Speculations about Risk of Russia-Ukraine War Apocalyptic: Kremlin Spokesman
Commander of Artsakh Defense Army Mikayel Arzumanyan Relieved of Duties
Armenia Records 248397 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US Envoy to Armenia Says they do not Consider Karabakh Conflict to be Resolved