World Cup: Armenian Chess Players’ Start Without Victory
The FIDE World Cup has kicked off in Russian Khanty-Mansiysk where Armenia has four representatives.
In the first game of the first round Levon Aronyan has tied the game with Egyptian Essam El Gindy, Sergei Movsesian – with Russian Grigoriy Oparin while Robert Hovhannisyan has lost to Russian Anton Demchenko and Armenia’s current champion Arman Pashikyan has suffered defeat from Iranian Alireza Firouzja.
The second games of the first round will be played on September 11.
Chess players play two classic games in a knock-out tournament and in case of having no winner the struggle continues in a tie-break by the rules of rapid and blitz chess.
- Joaquin Caparros: Our Team is a Real Family The first message to our football players was about being a real team. I can state, we did it. It was the key factor towards achieving many things.
- Samvel Gasparyan Wins European Champion Title, Arsen Martirosyan Becomes Vice-Champion The third place was taken by the Azerbaijani Dadash Dadashbayli.
- European Weightlifting Championships: Armenia's Hakob Mkrtchyan Scores Bronze Medal Mkrtchyan also received a small silver medal after lifting 212 kg during the jerk drill.
- Weightlifter Karen Avagyan Becomes Champion of Europe Member of the Armenian weightlifting team Karen Avagyan became the champion of the European Championship, and Andranik Karapetyan ranked 3rd.
- Armenian National Football Team up to 90th Place in Newly Published FIFA World Ranking Belgium continues to hold the top place.
Armenia Records 230339 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US Congresswoman Urges Azerbaijan to Immediately Withdraw from Armenian Territories and Stop Violence
Azerbaijani Forces Fire on Armenian Positions in Yeraskh Section of Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Armenia Records 230110 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
It is Obvious from this Picture that People are Under the Direct Target of the Azerbaijanis: Tatoyan
Comment of the Foreign Ministry on the Statement of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
European Parliament Rapporteurs Condemn Azerbaijan’s Provocative Actions
Greek Foreign Minister: The Days of the Ottoman Empire are Over
"We Need to Avoid this Continuing Cycle of Conflict": PACE Rapporteur Concerned over Situation on Armenian-Azeri Border
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Moscow Concerned by Recent Armed Incidents on Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Azerbaijan Undertakes Another Provocation on Border in the Direction of Nakhichevan
Armenia Downs Azerbaijani Aerostar Drone
Armenia Records 229867 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Concerned Over Repeated Incidents Along Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Armenia's Air Defense Forces Prevent Infiltration of Azeri UAVs into Armenia's Airspace: Armenia MOD
Armenia Acting FM Holds Phone Talks with EU Special Representative
The Co-Chairs Call Upon Armenia and Azerbaijan to De-Escalate the Situation Immediately
Iran Ready to Help Restore Peace between Azerbaijan, Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan Refers to Armenia-Azerbaijan Border Situation
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Deputy Chief of RF Armed Forces General Staff Sergey Istrakov
Assistance in Future Solution to Nagorno-Karabakh Issue in South Caucasus Is Required: Lukashevich
Armenia Funeral Commission Set Up in Connection with Djivan Gasparyan's Passing
ECtHR Issues Badalyan v. Azerbaijan Case Decision, Confirms Torture and Illegal Imprisonment
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Statement of the MFA of the Republic of Armenia
US Left Afghan Airfield at Night, didn’t Tell New Commander
EU to Allocate over €1.5bn to Armenia for Five Programs
Communication Lost with a Serviceman and Driver on Duty– Armenia MOD
Armenia to Send Observation Mission for Russia’s State Duma Elections