Beijing-2022 Olympic Mascot Unveiled
A cheerful panda called Bing Dwen Dwen has been chosen as an Olympic mascot for the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022.
“Bing” means ice and symbolises purity and strength, and “Dwen Dwen” means children.
The mascot embodies the strength and willpower of athletes. Bing Dwen Dwen’s body is coved with ice, and the heart shape in its left palm represents the host country’s hospitality.
The newly launched Olympic mascot resembles an astronaut with infinite possibilities.
“Everywhere you go, you can feel the excitement and the anticipation that the Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 are generating already,” said IOC President Thomas Bach at the mascot unveiling ceremony in Beijing.
“The launch of the mascot today will generate even more interest for these Games, especially among young people. The mascot incorporates the best elements and characteristics of China and the Chinese people,” Thomas Bach said.
The Paralympic mascot, a lantern child, has also been revealed and symbolizes warmth, friendship, courage and perseverance.
- Artsakh Crowned Volleyball Champion In order to determine the winner of the Armenian Volleyball Premier League an additional game was held in Yerevan where Artsakh won 3:1 CSKA in a tense fight.
- Arsen Julfalakyan Takes Part in Tournament After Long Break and Wins It The tournament which was held from 9-10 November, was attended by wrestlers from Russia and Kyrgyzstan. Arsen Julfalakyan was the only Armenian representative there.
- FIDE: Levon Aronyan in Top 10 Armenian representatives Gabriel Sargsyan (47th position) and Hrant Melkumyan (79th position) are in the top 100 too.
- Pashik Alaverdyan: Everyone was Surprised and Admired with Our Team’s Results Earlier the Armenia team had ended its performance at the European Championships with total score 11 medals (7 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals) and taken the first position in the team score.
- European Championship: Armenian Teams’ Confident Start In the second round the men’s team will compete with Croatia and the women’s team’s rival will be France.
Artur Javadyan: Central Bank is Concerned About Growth Rate of Consumer Loans
Pashinyan to Visit Italy
President Sarkissian Hosts Film Director Jivan Avetisyan
Armenian President Holds Farewell Meeting with Greek Ambassador
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Chaired the Meeting of the Government
Erdogan Says He Gave Trump Back Letter Warning Not to Be ‘Fool’
President of Artsakh Signed Laws
Islamic Jihad Says Ceasefire with Israel Agreed
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Open for All Types of Vehicles
Graham Blocks Resolution Recognizing Armenian Genocide After Erdoğan Meeting
Kazakhstan’s Senate Speaker Arrives in Armenia on Official Visit
Artsakh President Receives the Head of Board and Executive Director of the Armenian Public TV and Radio Company
Armenia's Government Wants Clarification of the Parameters of the Madrid Principles
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
The Incident in Armavir Doesn't Correspond to Spirit of Armenian-Russian Relations: Armenian Embassy in Russia
Public Council Chairman Vazgen Manukyan Steps Down
Israeli Air Raids on Gaza Kill 18
46 Families Return to Artsakh’s Talish After Reconstruction
Venice Calls for State of Emergency after Worst Flooding in Over 50 Years
OSCE Conducts Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Turkish Foreign Minister Hold Talks with U.S.'s Pompeo: Sources
Zareh Sinanyan Will Demand from French Authorities to Provide Security to Armenian Institutions after Attacks
Wind: 4 km/h