Beijing-2022 Olympic Mascot Unveiled
A cheerful panda called Bing Dwen Dwen has been chosen as an Olympic mascot for the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022.
“Bing” means ice and symbolises purity and strength, and “Dwen Dwen” means children.
The mascot embodies the strength and willpower of athletes. Bing Dwen Dwen’s body is coved with ice, and the heart shape in its left palm represents the host country’s hospitality.
The newly launched Olympic mascot resembles an astronaut with infinite possibilities.
“Everywhere you go, you can feel the excitement and the anticipation that the Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 are generating already,” said IOC President Thomas Bach at the mascot unveiling ceremony in Beijing.
“The launch of the mascot today will generate even more interest for these Games, especially among young people. The mascot incorporates the best elements and characteristics of China and the Chinese people,” Thomas Bach said.
The Paralympic mascot, a lantern child, has also been revealed and symbolizes warmth, friendship, courage and perseverance.
- Tokyo 2020 Bouquets The bouquets will have the Tokyo 2020 mascots attached to them. It is planned to make about 5000 bouquets.
- Artsakh Crowned Volleyball Champion In order to determine the winner of the Armenian Volleyball Premier League an additional game was held in Yerevan where Artsakh won 3:1 CSKA in a tense fight.
- Arsen Julfalakyan Takes Part in Tournament After Long Break and Wins It The tournament which was held from 9-10 November, was attended by wrestlers from Russia and Kyrgyzstan. Arsen Julfalakyan was the only Armenian representative there.
- FIDE: Levon Aronyan in Top 10 Armenian representatives Gabriel Sargsyan (47th position) and Hrant Melkumyan (79th position) are in the top 100 too.
- Pashik Alaverdyan: Everyone was Surprised and Admired with Our Team’s Results Earlier the Armenia team had ended its performance at the European Championships with total score 11 medals (7 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals) and taken the first position in the team score.
New Cooperation Bridge to Open Between Armenian and Israeli IT Companies
Meghri Border Checkpoint to Be Upgraded
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Chief Military Inspector Was Dismissed Due to Structural Changes: Vladimir Karapetyan
WSO Secretary General: Armenia Is a Leader in Region on Standardization of Customs Data
Georgia Ministry of Internal Affairs Addresses Participants of Demonstration
Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to the King of Morocco Mohammed VI
Chief Military Inspector and his Deputies Dismissed from Positions
Iran’s Rouhani: Iranians Entitled to Protest, Insecurity not Tolerated
Kim Jong Un Supervises Another N. Korean Military Drill
Hong Kong Court Rules Face Mask Ban Unconstitutional
Armenia State Revenue Committee, Iran And Georgia Customs Services Sign Document
About 1000 Protesters Detained in Iran
Opposition Wins No Seats in Belarus Election
US Backs 'Peaceful Protests' in Iran
Protesters Block Entrance to Iraq's Umm Qasr Port
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Tokyo 2020 Bouquets
Anti-Government Protest Took Place In Prague
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Turkish Foreign Minister Hold Talks with U.S.'s Pompeo: Sources
Wind: 4 km/h