Iran's Zarif Warns of 'All-out War'
Any attack by the United States or Saudi Arabia on Iran will result in an "all-out war", Tehran warned on Thursday.
Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif made the comments as tensions in the Gulf continue rise after attacks on Saudi Arabia's oil infrastructure halted the production of about five percent of the world's oil supply, Al-Jazeera reports.
Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthi rebels claimed responsibility for Saturday's strikes on Saudi's oil facilities, but the United States alleged the attack involved cruise missiles from Iran and amounts to "an act of war".
The US has said its military is "locked and loaded" to respond against the perpetrators.
"We don't want war, we don't want to engage in a military confrontation," said Zarif told CNN on Thursday, noting it would lead to "a lot of casualties".
"But we won't blink to defend our territory," he added.
- Iran Opposes any Turkish Military Operation in Syria Ankara said on Tuesday it had completed preparations for a military operation in northeast Syria after the United States began pulling back troops.
- OPEC Hopes Russia will be Able to Resolve Differences Between Iran, Saudi Arabia Without a doubt, President Putin has more than just political authority, not only in the Middle East, but also on a global scale, he said adding that they very much hope that he will apply his good qualities...
- Iran Guards Chief: Destroying Israel Now not a Dream but an ‘Achievable Goal’ The remarks were made at a biannual meeting in Tehran for commanders of the IRGC amid rising tensions between Iran and the US and its allies.
- Attacks on Iran will Bring Captivity and Defeat, Senior Military Official Says The United States, Saudi Arabia and European powers blame Iran for a Sept. 14 attack on a Saudi oil facility. Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi group, which has been fighting a Saudi-led military coalition...
- Fifa 'Assured' Iranian Women will Be Able to Attend Football Matches Women have effectively been banned from stadiums where men are playing since just after the 1979 Islamic revolution.
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 150 Times
Yerevan Turns Another Page in Its Almost Three Millennia-Long History: Armen Sarkissian
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Partook in Events Dedicated to the 5th Anniversary of International School and Founding a New Church in Dilijan
New Ambassador of Zambia Presents Credentials to Armenian President
At Least 28 Killed in Afghan Mosque Blast
Artsakh State Minister introduces new Stepanakert Mayor to staff
Armenia Constitutional Court judges following developments surrounding chief judge Hrayr Tovmasyan
Ex-Catalan Leader Appears Before Belgian Authorities Over Arrest Warrant
Security Council Holds Meeting Chaired by PM Pashinyan
“Kazan document” was rejected by Azerbaijan itself, Yerevan reminds Baku
New York City Council Votes to Close Infamous Rikers Island Jails
Trump: ISIS is 'Totally under control'
France Foiled "9/11-Inspired" Plane Hijacking Attack
Protests Erupt in Lebanon over Plans to Impose New Taxes
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Japanese Prime Minister’s Special Adviser
President Sarkissian Attended an Event Dedicated to the150th Birth Anniversary of Komitas
Pence, Erdogan, Kurdish SDF Agree to 120-hour Ceasefire in Syria
Armenia Elected to UN Human Rights Council
Armenians Earned Their Right to Live in Those Territories from Their Ancestors from Ancient Times: Armenia's MP to Azerbaijani Delegate
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Armenia Marks the 28th Anniversary of Independence
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 28th Anniversary of Independence
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Citizens of Syria, Lebanon and Iraq Allowed to Obtain Armenian Passports in Their Countries Till Dec. 31
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
Wind: 4 km/h