Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet Again under Co-Chair Auspices before the End of the Year: OSCE MG Statement
The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group (Igor Popov of the Russian Federation, Stéphane Visconti of France, and Andrew Schofer of the United States of America), together with the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office (PRCIO) Andrzej Kasprzyk, visited the region from 14 to 17 October.
The Co-Chairs met with Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan in Yerevan on 15 October and with President Ilham Aliyev in Baku on 17 October, and held consultations with the respective Foreign Ministers and Defence Ministers in both capitals. During their visit, the Co-Chairs also met with the de facto authorities in Nagorno-Karabakh. In Baku, the Co-Chairs met with the Chairman of the Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno-Karabakh. While in Nagorno-Karabakh, the mediators were briefed on humanitarian issues by the local representative of the International Committee of the Red Cross.
The two leaders briefed the Co-Chairs on their recent conversation during the CIS summit in Ashgabat and presented their ideas on how to advance the settlement process. The Co-Chairs welcomed the prospect of implementing specific humanitarian and security measures to prepare the populations for peace and reduce tensions.
The Co-Chairs once again stressed the critical importance of monitoring missions led by the PRCIO, in accordance with his mandate and longstanding practice. The Co-Chairs called on the sides to continue to support fully the activities of the PRCIO and his team and to ensure that any obstacles potentially interfering with monitoring missions are removed immediately.
The Foreign Ministers confirmed their intention to meet again under Co-Chair auspices before the end of the year.
The Co-Chairs will travel soon to Vienna to brief the OSCE Permanent Council and the members of the Minsk Group.
- Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan “The sentence that the solution must satisfy Armenia, Artsakh and Azerbaijan was first voiced by Gorbachov. Then it became clear very soon that the issue is not it. Yes, it is very beautiful sentence...
- The Congressmen Expressed Readiness to Continue Their Efforts Aimed at Putting an End to the Isolation of Artsakh Masis Mayilian highly appreciated the strong support of the U.S. lawmakers for the continued struggle of the people of Artsakh for the sake of freedom, peace and decent life in their homeland.
- FM Highlights Reduction of Risks of Escalation for Substantive NK Talks Mnatsakanyan said it is an absolutely important issue to reach a situation which rules out risks of escalation.
- “Kazan document” was rejected by Azerbaijan itself, Yerevan reminds Baku As for the opinion of the minister of foreign affairs of Azerbaijan on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, I would kindly like to remind, that Azerbaijan was the one to reject the...
- Organizers of low-grade flash mob in Azerbaijan have no opportunity to get to Artsakh borders: David Babayan This kind of flash mobs is a cheap action, the organizers of which pursue various goals.
Artsakh will Never be a Constituent of Azerbaijan, and the Issue has no Military Solution: Serzh Sargsyan
Japanese Computer Scientist Takeo Kanade Named Laureate of Armenian Global IT Award 2019
Armenia Army Delegation Participates in Consultations Held at CSTO Joint Staff
PM Visits Mekhitarist Congregation
Armenia Named Most Popular Spot for Russian Travelers in 2019
Armenia Ranked 94th in Global Terrorism Index 2019
ADB Program to Help Improve Education and Health in Armenia
Iran's Rouhani Claims Victory over Unrest and Blames Foreigners
Israel Strikes ‘Dozens’ of Targets in Syria
Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan Arrives in Italy on Official Visit
Congressional Armenian Caucus Urges to Restore U.S. Military Aid Parity to Armenia and Azerbaijan
President Donald Trump’s Threats Against China are Escalating
Gas Price for Armenia to Remain Unchanged Till Spring: Armenia’s PM
Aleksander Lapshin Shares Story About "Little Armenia in Jordan"
U.S. Deploying Troops to Saudi Arabia
Movses Hakobyan Appointed Head of MOD Military Oversight Service
Armen Grigoryan to Attend 7th Meeting of Secretaries of CIS Security Councils
PM Meets with Leading Russian Media Representatives
Zatulin: Nagorno-Karabakh's Right to Self-Determination and Independence From Azerbaijan Must be Acknowledged
UAE Flag in Armenia Lowered on Occasion of Death of President's Brother
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Wind: 5 km/h