U.S. Imposes Sanctions on Iran's Information Minister
The United States imposed sanctions on Iran’s information minister on Friday for his role in "widescale internet censorship," a reference to a five-day-long nationwide shutdown meant to help stifle protests against fuel price hikes in Iran, reports Reuters.
The internet blockage, which Iran said on Thursday it had begun to roll back, made it difficult for protesters to post videos on social media to generate support and also to obtain reliable reports on the extent of the unrest.
"Iran’s leaders know that a free and open internet exposes their illegitimacy, so they seek to censor internet access to quell anti-regime protests. We are sanctioning Iran’s Minister of Information and Communications Technology for restricting internet access, including to popular messaging applications that help tens of millions of Iranians stay connected to each other and the outside world," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement.
- MFA: 35 Armenia Citizens Applied to Tehran Embassy Due to Spread of Coronavirus in Iran She added that the embassy is in constant contact with the Armenian citizens, and is taking all necessary steps to promptly address the issues raised by Armenian citizens.
- Iran Coronavirus Death Toll Reaches 12 The fatalities have been recorded in the provinces of Qom, Markazi and Mazandaran.
- Iran Records 5th Coronavirus Death Iran’s Health Ministry announced that 8oo people have applied to hospitals and they are under the supervision of doctors. The number of coronavirus-infected people in Iran is 28.
- Ara Shahverdyan, Robert Beglaryan Elected Members of Iranian Parliament The parliamentary elections in Ira took place on February 21. The number of eligible voters in Iran is nearly 58,000,000.
- Armenian Embassy in Iran Urges Armenia Nationals to Stay in Touch The Armenian nationals can send a message to Armenian embassy's Facebook or contact the embassy via phones +98(21)66704833 // +98(21)66760509, +989121051639 or an e-mail [email protected]
Armenian-Azerbaijani Top-Level Meetings on Karabakh 'Signal Positive Developments': Miroslav Lajčák
Ararat Mirzoyan Receives President of Parliament of Republic of Moldova Arrived in Armenia on an Official Visit
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Estonia’s Prime Minister on Independence Day
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Departs For Geneva
Government Decides to Close Land Border and Communication with Iran, with Some Exceptions
Bako Sahakyan Chairs Working Consultation in Askeran Regional Center
Anti-Trust Regulator Calls on Businesses to Refrain from Increasing Medical Protective Mask Prices
Jalal Haroutyunyan Appointed Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Azerbaijan's Reports on Sabotage are Total Disinformation and "Fairytales"- Artsrun Hovhannisyan
MFA: 35 Armenia Citizens Applied to Tehran Embassy Due to Spread of Coronavirus in Iran
Armenian FM says Artsakh People’s Right to Self-Determination was, Remains on Settlement Agenda
Iran Coronavirus Death Toll Reaches 12
We do Not Have Any Coronavirus Infection Case in Armenia- Pashinyan
Slovakia FM Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
Roads in Armenia are Mainly Passable
Azerbaijan Opened Fire In The Direction Of Armenianian Positions
Slovakia Remains Very Important Partner of Armenia – Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
About the Great Lent
Armenian FM Extends Condolences to Families of Van Devastating Earthquake Victims
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Armenian Human Rights Activist Was Searched Naked in Turkey (video)
Wind: 6 km/h