Azerbaijanis Can Return to Artsakh Only After the Settlement of Political Issues: David Babayan
The return of Azerbaijani refugees to Karabakh is impossible without the return of Armenian refugees to Azerbaijan, said deputy head of Artsakh president's office David Babayan, commenting on the statement by the Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov, News.am reports.
"Such statements again show that it takes a lot of time and a lot of effort to record progress," he said. "Because with such a worldview, such "New Year’s wishes," it is impossible to hope for any steps. Azerbaijan has not reconsidered its positions in any way."
"To think substantively, one must be realistic and follow the letter of the law, especially international law. Because there is no primacy of any principle - territorial integrity over the self-determination of peoples particularly. Azerbaijani leadership should reconsider its vision of state building and approaches to conflict resolution. And not only conflict resolution, but also relations with neighbors. Otherwise, any kind of rearrangement in the Azerbaijani state, any kind of restart of the political system will be just a cosmetic intervention that does not change the essence of the philosophy of its state building, " he said.
Asked to comment on the "return of the Azerbaijani population", Babayan remarked: "Where do they want to return? If they consider Karabakh the territory of Azerbaijan, then they need not return, they are already in the territory of Azerbaijan. If they want to be citizens of the Artsakh Republic, then this is a matter of negotiation."
"We are not against this idea, but to implement it, two basic preconditions must be fulfilled: the settlement of all political issues in advance, before we proceed to discuss humanitarian issues. This is a mutual recognition by Azerbaijan and Artsakh of each other, the borders fixing. Refugees can return only after the settlement of all political issues and on a mutual basis. That is, there can be no return of Azerbaijani refugees without the return of Armenian refugees to Baku and other settlements of Azerbaijan. If this does not happen, no one-way action will have any effect. In this regard, there can be no one-sided steps," he added.
- Nikol Pashinyan Attends Panel Discussion on the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict on the Sidelines of the Munich Security Conference Before the panel discussion, Prime Minister Pashinyan had a brief interview with the President of Azerbaijan.
- Pashinyan, Aliyev to Attend Discussion on NK Konflict in Munich The discussion will take place on February 15, from 17:30 to 18:15 local time (20:30-21:15 Yerevan time).
- We do Not Ract to Unknown Users' 'Deleted Tweets': Foreign Ministry Spokesperson (Tert.am) As for the second part of your question, Mr Kasprzyk visits all the three parties to the conflict.
- The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan The false and empty claims of Azerbaijan pretending that representatives of Nagorno-Karabakh have been elected in those elections vividly illustrate Azerbaijan's distorted perception of democracy.
- OSCE Conduct Monitoring On The Border East Of Talish Village In accordance with the arrangement reached with the authorities of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic), the OSCE Mission on February 6 will carry out a planned monitoring of the ceasefire...
Macron Announced Measures to End the Nomination by Turkey, Algeria, Morocco of 300 Imams a Year for France
Armenia's Delegation Led by Ararat Mirzoyan Met with Danish Parliamentarians
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Erdogan: Military Operation into Idlib to be Launched at Any Time
Armenia's FM Received Syrian Ambassador and Expressed Deep Appreciation for Recognition of Armenian Genocide
Head of Department for Working with Personnel of Armed Forces Dismissed
President of Artsakh Convened a Working Consultation in the Martouni Regional Center
Chief of Military Police Dismissed
Armenia's PM Submits to President Proposal to Dismiss Two Army Officials
Recoveries From Coronavirus Outnumber Infections In Past 24 Hours For First Time
Ararat Mirzoyan Expressed Hope That Denmark Would Support The Launch Of EU-Armenia Gialogue On Visa-Liberalization
Armen Sarkissian Received Ambassador Of China To Armenia
First Group Of Passangers Left The Diamond Princess
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark ReceiveD Armenian Speaker of Parliament
Nikol Pashinyan Made A Motion To Grant Armenian Citizenship To A 105-Year Old Italian-Armenian
PM Pashinyan Receives EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the Crisis in Georgia
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Initiative to Commemorate Armenian Genocide Victims Memory Registered in Ukrainian Parliament
Trump: Cases Stemming from Mueller Probe Should Be 'Thrown Out'
Andrzej Kasprzyk Takes Actions Stemming from His Mandate: OSCE (Tert.am)
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
"Yerevan-2800" Silver Collector Coin Takes 3rd Place
Wind: 4 km/h