Azerbaijanis Can Return to Artsakh Only After the Settlement of Political Issues: David Babayan
The return of Azerbaijani refugees to Karabakh is impossible without the return of Armenian refugees to Azerbaijan, said deputy head of Artsakh president's office David Babayan, commenting on the statement by the Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov, News.am reports.
"Such statements again show that it takes a lot of time and a lot of effort to record progress," he said. "Because with such a worldview, such "New Year’s wishes," it is impossible to hope for any steps. Azerbaijan has not reconsidered its positions in any way."
"To think substantively, one must be realistic and follow the letter of the law, especially international law. Because there is no primacy of any principle - territorial integrity over the self-determination of peoples particularly. Azerbaijani leadership should reconsider its vision of state building and approaches to conflict resolution. And not only conflict resolution, but also relations with neighbors. Otherwise, any kind of rearrangement in the Azerbaijani state, any kind of restart of the political system will be just a cosmetic intervention that does not change the essence of the philosophy of its state building, " he said.
Asked to comment on the "return of the Azerbaijani population", Babayan remarked: "Where do they want to return? If they consider Karabakh the territory of Azerbaijan, then they need not return, they are already in the territory of Azerbaijan. If they want to be citizens of the Artsakh Republic, then this is a matter of negotiation."
"We are not against this idea, but to implement it, two basic preconditions must be fulfilled: the settlement of all political issues in advance, before we proceed to discuss humanitarian issues. This is a mutual recognition by Azerbaijan and Artsakh of each other, the borders fixing. Refugees can return only after the settlement of all political issues and on a mutual basis. That is, there can be no return of Azerbaijani refugees without the return of Armenian refugees to Baku and other settlements of Azerbaijan. If this does not happen, no one-way action will have any effect. In this regard, there can be no one-sided steps," he added.
- MFA: Both Armenia and Artsakh Authorities Received Mandate of their Peoples, Ready to Launch Dialogue with Authorities of Azerbaijan Enjoying Relevant Mandate of their People Spokesperson of the Armenian foreign ministry Anna Naghdalyan commented on the statement of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev delivered at the UN General Assembly.
- The July Events Proved that Armenia Cannot be Talked to in the Language of Force and Threats: PM Receives Artsakh National Assembly Delegation Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan today received a delegation led by Artsakh National Assembly Speaker Artur Tovmasyan, who is in Armenia on official visit. Leader of Armenia National Assembly My Step faction...
- Russia’s FM Discussed with Azerbaijani Side NK Status Issue and Liberation of Surrounding Territories: Russian MFA As to the Karabakh conflict settlement, Maria Zakharova stated that during the meeting with the Azerbaijani side the parties “discussed the previously voiced fundamental principles of Nagorno Karabakh...
- Ilham Aliyev’s Statements Demonstrate the Degree of Confusion of the Azerbaijani Authorities: Artsakh MFA The Information and Public Relations Department of the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh issued a statement on Ilham Aliyev’s remarks during a video format at the 75th session of the UN General...
- ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan Representatives of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) visited the Armenian captives, including Armenian officer Gurgen Alaverdyan, in Baku, Azerbaijan
Turkish Prosecutor General's Office Launches Procedure to Deprive Armenian MP Garo Paylan of Immunity
People of Nagorno-Karabakh Should Be Able to Determine Their Status without Limitation: Nikol Pashinyan
Yervand Khundkaryan Not Elected CC President
The July Events Proved that Armenia Cannot be Talked to in the Language of Force and Threats: PM Receives Artsakh National Assembly Delegation
MFA: Both Armenia and Artsakh Authorities Received Mandate of their Peoples, Ready to Launch Dialogue with Authorities of Azerbaijan Enjoying Relevant Mandate of their People
Short Rain With Thunderstorm Is Predicted
Four People Wounded In A Knife Attack In Paris
Former Deputy Armen Pambukhchyan Appointed Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations
Artsakh Reports 10 New Coronavirus Cases during Past Day
N. Korea’s Kim Apologizes over Shooting Death of S. Korean
COVID-19: Armenia Reports 392 New Cases
Statement by Zohrab Mnatsakanyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia, at the 12th Ministerial Meeting on the Responsibility to Protect
I Am Hopeful That In The Light Of Friendly Relations We Will Witness A Bright Future For Our Two Nations - Hassan Rouhani To Nikol Pashinyan
Artsakh President Arayik Harutyunyan Visited the Territory of the Cemetеry Located in the Eastern Part of the Capital
Trump Says He's 'Not a Fan' of Meghan Markle, Wishes Prince Harry 'a Lot of Luck'
Ararat Mirzoyan Has Private Talk with President of National Assembly of Artsakh
Chair of Artsakh NA Standing Committee on State and Legal Affairs Emphasized the strengthening of the Inter-Committee Ties with Armenia's NA
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Spanish Senate Ratifies Armenia-EU CEPA
"Aurora" to Kick off a Global Series of Events on October 19 in New York City
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Artsakh Republic President Had a Discussion Via Video Call with President of the Armenian General Benevolent Union Perch Sedrakyan
Wind: 9 km/h