Comment by Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia on the Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Held in Geneva
On January 29 and 30, the meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Elmar Mamadyarov was held in Geneva, with the mediation and participation of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Igor Popov (Russia), Stéphane Visconti (France), Andrew Schofer (USA) and the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Andrzej Kasprzyk. The day before Minister Mnatsakanyan had a meeting with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office.
Over three days of intensive discussions, a wide range of issues related to the Nagorno-Karabakh peace process was discussed, including implementation of agreements and proposals discussed in 2019 and possible next steps to prepare the populations for peace; principles and elements forming the basis of a future settlement. The participants also discussed the timing and agenda for advancing the settlement process.
Minister Mnatsakanyan emphasized the importance of involvement of Artsakh’s elected representatives in the peace process.
The Foreign Ministers agreed to meet again in the near future under Co-Chairs auspices.
- Statement of the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the 28th Anniversary of the Massacre of Armenians in Maragha The massacre in Maragha is an unprecedented war crime committed by the Republic of Azerbaijan, on the basis of hatred against Armenians aimed at the annihilation of the Armenian population.
- Azerbaijan Violates Ceasefire, Wounds Artsakh Defense Army Soldier Artsakh Defense Ministry urged the adversary to abstain from provocative actions, stressing that in case of escalation of the situation the Azerbaijani side will be the one responsible for the consequences.
- Ex-chief of Armenian Army's General Staff on Four-Day Artsakh War According to Khachaturov, the adversary had set the objective to carry out an operation that would make people escape so that it could seize major territories, including Mataghis, Talish, Martakert, Fizuli...
- Azerbaijan Tries To Cover Up Its Own Actions By Spreading Desinformation Azerbaijani official information platforms disseminate the border service’s absolutely false and concocted information about the situation at the border. Shushan Stepanyan, Spokesperson of the Republic...
- Minsk Group: the Co-Chairs Recognize the Role of the Population of Nagorno-Karabakh in Deciding Its Future Accordingly, the Co-Chairs do not accept the results of these “elections” as affecting the legal status of Nagorno-Karabakh and stress that the results in no way prejudge the final status of Nagorno-Karabakh...
Armenia PM Dismisses Deputy Head of State Committee of Real Estate Cadastre
My Descendants Should Keep Armenian Books as Family Sanctity: János Czetz - Founder of the Argentine Military Academy
Two More Citizens Test Positive for COVID-19 in Artsakh
PM Pashinyan Attends Eurasian Intergovernmental Council Videoconference
Microsot: Microsoft to Allocate $ 20 Million to Fight COVID-19
MFA: Embassy in Georgia Sends 4th Group of Armenia Citizens to Homeland
Commission for Coordination of Anti-Pandemic Action Holds Regular Meeting
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Health Minister: Armenia Confirms 12 COVID-19 Deaths
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the 28th Anniversary of the Massacre of Armenians in Maragha
IMF to Disburse $280 Million to Armenia after the Board Meeting in Mid-May
OPEC+ To Continue Negotiations for Reaching Consensus with Mexico
72-Year-Old Man Dies from Coronavirus in Armenia
Armenia PM: National Currency is Strengthening its Stability
Roads in Armenia are mainly passable
Armenia Records 937 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
The New York Times: Boris Johnson Leaves Intensive Care
Government Approves AMD 8.5 Billion for Application Submitted by Economic Entities - Discussions on Anti-Crisis Measures Continue
US Ready for Arms Control Talks with Russia, China if They Meet Its Criteria
Artsakh Information Headquarters: Four Artsakh Police Officers Are Self-Isolated
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Turkish President Expressed Readiness to Provide Armenia with the Provision of Medicine
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Catholicos Aram I Held Phone Talk with Noubar Afeyan over Coronavirus Vaccine
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the military incident at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Baku’s Refusal of the Illusions of Restoring Its ''Territorial Integrity'' Will Help to Proceed with the Peace Process: Artsakh MFA
Artsakh President Chaired an Enlarged Meeting of the Interdepartmental Commission Coordinating the Prevention of the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
Opening Armenia’s Embassy in Tel Aviv Contradicts with Interests of Palestinian Nation: Hossein Amir-Abdollahian
Wind: 9 km/h