The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Armenian foreign ministry spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan commented on the question relating to the recent early parliamentary elections held in Azerbaijan.
Question: Parliamentary elections were held in Azerbaijan and their international assessment is already available. At the same time the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan issued a statement on the parliamentary elections, which inter alia states that voters from Nagorno-Karabakh participated in those elections as well, and some newly elected parliamentarians are also elected representatives of Nagorno-Karabakh. How would you comment on this?
Answer: On a number of occasions, we have stated that the establishment and enhancement of democratic societies in the region are in the interests of regional stability, development and prosperity.
We are aware of the assessment of those elections by the international observers. As it was assessed by the preliminary report of the international observation mission and the heads of the observation mission, the elections were marred by systematic and gross violations.
Once again Azerbaijan tries to instrumentalize the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict as a cover up of its failure in democracy and extremely low level of legitimacy of the elections. The false and empty claims of Azerbaijan pretending that representatives of Nagorno-Karabakh have been elected in those elections vividly illustrate Azerbaijan's distorted perception of democracy.
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
We would like to recall that the people of Artsakh will exercise their right to vote in the upcoming nationwide elections to be held in their Homeland on March 31, in which the people of Artsakh will elect their representatives - the President and the members of the National Assembly through free expression of will.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Masis Mayilian Held a Meeting With Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan The sides touched upon the process of implementation of the plan of consultations between the two Ministries.
- The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group Stressed that There is No Military Solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict The Co‑Chairs and Foreign Ministers agreed to hold another joint video conference in July and to meet in person as soon as possible.
- Video Conference of the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan At the same time, Minister Mnatsakanyan underscored the need to consistently ensure the comprehensive security of the people of Artsakh, including through free and safe movement.
- The Video-Conference of FMs of Armenia and Azerbaijan Started The video-conference of FMs of Armenia and Azerbaijan, Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Elmar Mammadyarov commenced with mediation and participation of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs. The Spokesperson of the MFA...
- Azerbaijani Side Violates Ceasefire Regime Over 190 Times During Past Week The defense forces continue implementation of their military duty keeping the situation under control.
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Iran Files Lawsuit in ICJ against US
Kanye West Announces He's Running for President
Armenia Records 28606 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Constitution is Not Only the Right and Responsibility But Also a Mindset, a Work Culture, a System of Values, and Morality: Armen Sarkissian
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Jean Castex on his Appointment to the Post of Prime Minister of the French Republic
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Masis Mayilian Held a Meeting With Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
I Should Highlight the High Pace and Quality in the Development of Armenia’s Armed Forces: PM Meets with MoD and AF Leadership
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh Republic President Made New Appointments
Artsakh Republic President Received Foreign Minister of the Republic of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
Narek Harutyunyan Appointed Deputy Prosecutor-General of the Artsakh Republic
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Congratulations to Donald Trump
Armenia Records 27900 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Rare celestial event ‘planet parade’ to occur after 37 yrs
Commemoration of Sts. Tiridates, King of Armenia, Queen Ashkhen and Princess Khosrovidoukht
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Lithuanian President’s Wife Sends Gifts to Armenian Children Infected with Covid-19 (VIDEO)
Su-30SM Fighter Jets Destroyed All Air Targets: Pashinyan (video)
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the Occasion of the 28th Anniversary of the Occupation of the Shahumian Region
Wind: 10 km/h