The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Armenian foreign ministry spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan commented on the question relating to the recent early parliamentary elections held in Azerbaijan.
Question: Parliamentary elections were held in Azerbaijan and their international assessment is already available. At the same time the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan issued a statement on the parliamentary elections, which inter alia states that voters from Nagorno-Karabakh participated in those elections as well, and some newly elected parliamentarians are also elected representatives of Nagorno-Karabakh. How would you comment on this?
Answer: On a number of occasions, we have stated that the establishment and enhancement of democratic societies in the region are in the interests of regional stability, development and prosperity.
We are aware of the assessment of those elections by the international observers. As it was assessed by the preliminary report of the international observation mission and the heads of the observation mission, the elections were marred by systematic and gross violations.
Once again Azerbaijan tries to instrumentalize the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict as a cover up of its failure in democracy and extremely low level of legitimacy of the elections. The false and empty claims of Azerbaijan pretending that representatives of Nagorno-Karabakh have been elected in those elections vividly illustrate Azerbaijan's distorted perception of democracy.
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
We would like to recall that the people of Artsakh will exercise their right to vote in the upcoming nationwide elections to be held in their Homeland on March 31, in which the people of Artsakh will elect their representatives - the President and the members of the National Assembly through free expression of will.
- Minsk Group: the Co-Chairs Recognize the Role of the Population of Nagorno-Karabakh in Deciding Its Future Accordingly, the Co-Chairs do not accept the results of these “elections” as affecting the legal status of Nagorno-Karabakh and stress that the results in no way prejudge the final status of Nagorno-Karabakh...
- The statement of the MFA of Turkey is yet Another Expression of Turkey's Hostile Policy towards the Armenian People: Armenia Turkey's attempts to act as an international guardian of human rights and its appeals to the international community are more than bankrupted in the light of its constant violations of the rights of peoples...
- Artsakh Denied The Azerbaijani Statement About Provocation Artsakh Republic Defense Ministry denied the statement of the Azerbaijani side about provocation by the Artsakh armed forces and loss of Artsakh soldier as a result.
- Azerbaijan Violated The Ceasefire Regime Nearly 250 Times This Week The units of the Defense Army retain full-fledged control on the front line, continuing to confidently carry out their combat duty.
- OSCE MG Co-Chairs Urge The Sides To Refrain From Any Provocative Actions The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group have issued a statement regarding the temporary cessation of the OSCE monitoring mission at the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone due to the situation caused by the spread...
89-Year-Old Coronavirus-Infected Citizen Dies in Armenia
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the National Elections Held in the Republic
Trump Acknowledged Downplaying the Coronavirus Threat: The Business Insider
Saudi Arabia Asks Muslims to Delay Hajj Bookings: BBC
Armenia's Security Council Secretary Held a Telephone Conversation with CSTO Secretary-General Stanislav Zas
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation of Armenia’s Television and Radio Commission
Preliminary Results of the Artsakh General Elections Have Been Announced
Trump Says Ready to Help end Saudi-Russian Oil-Price War
Gazprom Armenia Plans to Increase Natural Gas Price for Consumers
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Armenia’s Assyrian Community on Assyrian New Year
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia President Signs Controversial Package of Laws
TASS: Eurovision to Hold Special Concert Instead of Contest Cancelled due to Pandemic
Chairman Pallone Calls for Immediate Suspension of Military Aid to Azerbaijan
President Sarkissian Proposed the German Side to Look Into the Possibility of Establishing in Armenia a Joint Venture on the Production of Artificial Lung Ventilation Devices
Armenia Records 571 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
CNN: Trump Warns of 'Painful Two Weeks' as Officials Predict up to 240,000 US Coronavirus Deaths
Venezuelan Officials Reject US Initiative on Transitional Government
72.7% of Eligible Citizens of Artsakh Participate in National Elections
Trump, Erdogan Stress Importance of Adhering to Syrian and Libyan Ceasefires: TASS
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Wind: 6 km/h