Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan
Discussion of the Nagorno-Karabakh issue with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev within the framework of the Munich Security Conference, I think, is a turning point. Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said this in an interview with the state-funded Public Television of Armenia yesterday, News.am reports.
"Since May 2018, Azerbaijan has been trying to convince the entire international community that Armenia has a destructive stance on the Karabakh issue," he said. "This conversation has clearly shown to the international community that Armenia has a constructive stance on the Karabakh issue, whereas Azerbaijan has a destructive, even racist stance on the Karabakh issue; this is the most important result."
In addition, he said, a very important thing happened as a result of that meeting; "A new content of the negotiations on the Karabakh issue is being formulated, which I conventionally call the Munich Principles."
Nikol Pashinyan stressed that if there is a proposal for an equally effective security tool, that proposal should be formulated, and the Armenian people will discuss whether or not it is acceptable to them. "We say that this status quo, when it was formed, when the self-defense forces of Artsakh took control of those territories, they did so that the aggressive actions of Azerbaijan were removed from Nagorno-Karabakh as far as possible to make them inaccessible," he said. "If there is a proposal for an equally effective security tool, let that proposal be formulated, and the Armenian people will discuss whether or not it is acceptable to them."
The Armenian Prime Minister reiterated that Nagorno-Karabakh has gained independence just like Azerbaijan. "When they speak of the principle of territorial integrity, they speak of the principle of territorial integrity of which country?" Pashinyan asked and continued. "When Azerbaijan gained independence, did it maintain the territorial integrity of the Soviet Union? A counter question may be voiced that the state of the Soviet Union no longer exists. But the state in which Nagorno-Karabakh was a part also doesn’t exist; that state is the Soviet Socialist Republic of Azerbaijan. This discourse has subtleties that must be taken into account."
- The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group Stressed that There is No Military Solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict The Co‑Chairs and Foreign Ministers agreed to hold another joint video conference in July and to meet in person as soon as possible.
- Video Conference of the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan At the same time, Minister Mnatsakanyan underscored the need to consistently ensure the comprehensive security of the people of Artsakh, including through free and safe movement.
- The Video-Conference of FMs of Armenia and Azerbaijan Started The video-conference of FMs of Armenia and Azerbaijan, Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Elmar Mammadyarov commenced with mediation and participation of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs. The Spokesperson of the MFA...
- Azerbaijani Side Violates Ceasefire Regime Over 190 Times During Past Week The defense forces continue implementation of their military duty keeping the situation under control.
- Third President Serzh Sargsyan Retaliates Against Ilham Aliyev’s Pretentious Drivels Aliyev has a long tongue because our incumbent rulers proved to be incompetent and anti-national, but he must remember that the latter are transient like his regime, while strong with its victorious army...
Ararat Danielyan Appointed Adviser to Artsakh President
Artsakh's Foreign Minister Sent Thank-You Letters to a Group of US Congressmen
Armenia PM Appoints New Head of Department
Status of Hagia Sophia Can Be Changed by Presidential Decree
Greece Urges Turkey to Keep Hagia Sophia as Museum
Erdogan Vows Social Media Controls over Insults to Family
Natural Gas Supply to Armenia is Temporarily Suspended
Armenia Gets One-Year Customs Tax Break Within EEU Framework
The Government Approved the Agreement on Commercial Cooperation Between Armenia and Kazakhstan
US Urges Turkey to Keep Saint Sophia as Museum
Health Minister: Rehabilitation Units of Armenian Hospitals Overloaded
Artsakh President Approved the Government’s Decisions
Armenia Records 26658 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Feast of the Holy Translators St. Sahak and St. Mesrop
Republican Party of Armenia Supreme Body Holds Session Chaired by Serzh Sargsyan
Ten Thousand COVID-19 Tests Reach Armenia
PM: Compliance with three Primary Safety Rules Should be a Matter of Daily Responsibility
In Near Future I'll Try to Give more Detailed Explanations on All Issues: Armenia's 2nd President
Arayik Harutyunyan Awarded Shoushi Technological University lecturer Artyusha Harutyunyan
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Congratulations to Justin Trudeau
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
Reddit Cofounder Alexis Ohanian Resigns from Board, Urges Seat Be Filled by Black Candidate
Greek Defence Minister: Turkey’s Behaviour is Aggressive But Our Powerful Armed Forces is a Deterrent
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan Regarding Bellicose Statements of Various Circles of Azerbaijani Authorities
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Wind: 16 km/h