Armenia Expected to Get €13.4mn Loan from International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
In case of ratification of the agreement submitted for discussion, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) will provide a loan of 13 million 400 thousand euros to Armenia, news.am reports.
Minister of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure Suren Papikyan stated this Tuesday, during the discussion of the sitting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Financial-Credit and Budgetary Affairs on the ratification of the Second Additional Financing to the Lifeline Road Network Improvement loan agreement between Armenia and the IBRD.
According to the Minister, with these funds it is planned to repair 65 km of roads in the country. The Minister added that after the ratification of this agreement, a tender will be announced for the selection of a road construction company that will carry out these works.
Papikyan also mentioned that these works will be completed either by this year or the beginning of next year. "The first tranche of the loan under this program amounted to 170 million euros," he added. "[A total of] 211 km of roads have been repaired within the framework of this program."
After some debates, the aforesaid committee gave a positive conclusion to this loan agreement.
- The End of Armenia's Investment Attractiveness It’s no secret that the investment attractiveness of our country has been problematic for many years both for subjective and objective reasons, including the "no war, no peace" situation in which we...
- Embargo on Imports of Turkish Goods: Policy Uncertainty The Armenian government still remains undecided about restrictions on imports of Turkish goods.
- Armenian State Commission for Economic Competition Protection and Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service Sign MoU The State Commission for the Protection of Economic Competition of Armenia and the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation signed a Memorandum of Mutual Understanding in the competition...
- Armenia Central Bank Keeps Refinancing Rate Unchanged The rate of funds attracted from banks by the CBA is 4%.
- Armenian Cenbank Changes 2020 Recession Projection From 7,2% to 7,8% He said they would present the 2021 projections later.
Lavrov Speaks about Russia's Role in Finding Solutions to Issues of Dispute Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Some Roads Are Cosed in Armenia
Ahmet Davutoglu Asks Erdogan Not to Talk about the Exchange Rate of the Lira
Bayramov and Mirzoyan to Meet in Stockholm on December 2
Putin and Erdogan May Talk by Phone on December 3 and Touch on Ukraine: Peskov
A Meeting of the Deputy Prime Ministers of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Russia Will Be Held in Moscow Today
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Azerbaijan Uses Any Method to Violate the Human Rights of the People of Artsakh and Cause Inconvenience
Armenia’s National Security Service Completes Investigation of High Treason Case
Serzh Sargsyan Today is Remotely Participating in the International Interparty Videoconference
GM Levon Aronian Now Represents the United States
Armenia Revenue Committee Chief: Our Customs Officers are Already on Goris-Kapan Motorway
Armenia Records 339020 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Sweden
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Charles Michel: Political Dialogue Between Armenia and Azerbaijan May Lead to a Sustainable Settlement
US Embassy in Armenia Has Published Historical Facts about the Armenian-American Relations
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Representatives of Central Board of the Ramkavar Azatakan Party
Process of Unblocking Communications Does Not Presuppose Provision of Any Extraterritorial 'Corridor': Mher Grigoryan
Paris Needs to Support the Armenian People: French Senate
Armenian Scientists Become Eligible for the EU's Largest Funding Program
Artsakh National Security Service Releases Statement on Incident Near Shushi Checkpoint
Man Detained near Shushi to Be Handed over to Artsakh Law Enforcement Agencies: Ombudsman
Ararat Mirzoyan, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne Discussed Peaceful Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
West at Risk of Conflict with Russia, Britain's Army Chief Says
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Azerbaijan Forces Open Fire in the Direction of Armenian Positions in Verin Shorzha
Under the Guise of Unblocking the Roads, the Azerbaijani Authorities are Pursuing a Targeted Policy of Isolating the Civilian Residential Communities of Armenia: Tatoyan
Another Act of Vandalism Committed by Azerbaijanis (video)
Foreign and Defense Ministers of France and Russia Discussed the Dituation around Nagorno-Karabakh