Armenia Expected to Get €13.4mn Loan from International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
In case of ratification of the agreement submitted for discussion, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) will provide a loan of 13 million 400 thousand euros to Armenia, news.am reports.
Minister of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure Suren Papikyan stated this Tuesday, during the discussion of the sitting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Financial-Credit and Budgetary Affairs on the ratification of the Second Additional Financing to the Lifeline Road Network Improvement loan agreement between Armenia and the IBRD.
According to the Minister, with these funds it is planned to repair 65 km of roads in the country. The Minister added that after the ratification of this agreement, a tender will be announced for the selection of a road construction company that will carry out these works.
Papikyan also mentioned that these works will be completed either by this year or the beginning of next year. "The first tranche of the loan under this program amounted to 170 million euros," he added. "[A total of] 211 km of roads have been repaired within the framework of this program."
After some debates, the aforesaid committee gave a positive conclusion to this loan agreement.
- PM Pashinyan Chairs Consultation on Introduction of Universal Income Declaration System for Natural Persons The Minister of Finance Tigran Khachatryan presented the general description of the proposed system with a comparative analysis with the current declaration system.
- The End of Armenia's Investment Attractiveness It’s no secret that the investment attractiveness of our country has been problematic for many years both for subjective and objective reasons, including the "no war, no peace" situation in which we...
- Embargo on Imports of Turkish Goods: Policy Uncertainty The Armenian government still remains undecided about restrictions on imports of Turkish goods.
- Armenian State Commission for Economic Competition Protection and Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service Sign MoU The State Commission for the Protection of Economic Competition of Armenia and the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation signed a Memorandum of Mutual Understanding in the competition...
- Armenia Central Bank Keeps Refinancing Rate Unchanged The rate of funds attracted from banks by the CBA is 4%.
Armenian Church Revamped in Iran
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Kamo Vardanyan Was Awarded the Military Rank of Lieutenant General
Azerbaijani Special Services Forced Artsakh Resident to Spy for Them, NSS Reveals
Armen Sarkissian and Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Discussed Issues Related to the Promotion of Bilateral Cooperation
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
European Parliament New Speaker Elected
Polish OSCE Chairmanship Reiterates Full Support to Minsk Group Co-Chairs After Aliyev Tirade
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Bulgarian PM
Lacote: French Institute to Operate in Armenia
46 People are Receiving Inpatient Treatment in Artsakh for COVID-19
Armenia Records 348145 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
Prospects for the Development of the Wine Industry Discussed in a Consultation Chaired by PM Pashinyan
Iran Welcomes Efforts to Normalize Relations Between Armenia and Turkey
New Cases of Omicron Variant Confirmed in Armenia
Lukashevich: Russia Concerned that OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs May Not Be Able to Visit Nagorno-Karabakh
Russia-China Friendship Is Not Aimed Against Anyone: Lavrov
Armenian President Was Never in Danger when Blasts Hit UAE, Visit Proceeding Normally
President Harutyunyan Approved Decisions of the Artsakh Republic Government on the Provision of Financial Assistance
Hair Dryer was Invented in the 19th Century (from the Series "Inventions of the Armenians")
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Turkey Announces One of Its Preconditions for Normalization of Relations with Armenia
Zakharova Speaks about First Meeting in Moscow of Armenia, Azerbaijan Elites after Karabakh War
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
Armenia’s top 10 Athletes of the Year Announced
Artsakh Defense Army Denies Shooting at Employees of Azerbaijani Company
Whole World Will Benefit from Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Dmitry Polyanskiy
Artsakh Republic President Received Staff Members of Schools of Hadrout and Shoushi