European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters
The European Union is launching its “Team Europe” package to support partner countries in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic and its consequences. The European Union will provide more than 20 billion euros for countries across Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Balkans to fight the coronavirus pandemic, the EU’s top diplomat said on Wednesday, as aid groups pressure rich countries to help, Reuters reports.
“The global pandemic can only be solved globally, it will not be defeated anywhere until it has been defeated everywhere,” Josep Borrell, the EU foreign policy chief, said after a video conference with EU foreign and development ministers.
Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the European Commission and EU governments were working together to maximise EU funding.
- The European Union Has Decided to Abandon Russian Coal In the Summer Many countries have joined these sanctions, even if this necessarily implies economic costs for ourselves," he noted.
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- CNBC: Nine European Countries Say it is Time for "Corona Bonds" as Virus Death Toll Rises Corona bonds are a controversial issue that has been dividing the 27-country region. Conservative policymakers in countries such as Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are often wary of the idea of issuing...
Presentation of the Book "The Artsakh Issue and the Foreign Policy of the Republic of Artsakh" by the Foreign Ministry of Artsakh Took Place in Stepanakert
PM Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with Vladimir Putin
Defense Minister: Structural Changes In Armenia Army Leadership Are Necessary
Armenia FM Holds Private Talk With Spain Counterpart
Explosion Occurred in a Bank in Ashtarak Town
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Vice speaker: Lot to be Done On iImplementation of Bundestag Resolution on Armenian Genocide Recognition
OPEC Secretary-General Mohammad Barkindo Dies in Nigeria
Armenia Denies Azerbaijani Claims of Ceasefire Violation
Secretary of Supreme National Security Council of Iran to visit Armenia
Israeli PM Warns Iran Status Quo May Spur Mideast Arms Race
Kissinger Says US, World Needs Better Leaders
United States Urges Barring Russia, Belarus from All Global Sports Federations
Lars Road Open For All Types of Vehicles
Turkey Hopes Solution for Grain Corridor Will Be Found within 10 Days: Erdogan
Foreign Minister of Artsakh had a Telephone Conversation with his Pridnestrovian Counterpart
NATO Guarantees Security of Finland and Sweden During Ratification Process: Stoltenberg
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Azerbaijani Forces Open Fire at Armenian Positions, Village Road
Ararat Mirzoyan Will Pay a Working Visit to the Kingdom of Spain
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
The Foreign Minister of Armenia Met with the Speaker of the National Assembly of Bulgaria
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
China Rejects Wuhan Lab Leak Theory, Calls for Investigating US Facilities
Wind: 9.26 km/h