MFA: Proposals for Phased Approach to Karabakh Settlement ‘Unacceptable’ for Armenia
Foreign Ministry Spokesperson's answer to the question of "Kommersant" newspaper.
Question: In recent days, there were various references to Nagorno-Karabakh settlement process and a phased approach to settlement surfaced thereon. Can you please clarify, if any documents suggesting a phased approach to the Nagorno-Karabakh settlement has been discussed at the meeting in Moscow on April 15, 2019 and what was the stance of the Armenian side in this regard? What is the current position of Armenia in the settlement process of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict?
Answer: The outcomes of the meeting held on April 15, 2019, were reflected in a joint statement of the Foreign Ministers of Armenia, Russia, Azerbaijan and the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs, which outlines the framework of negotiations and it does not contain any reference or even a hint to a phased approach to the settlement.
Any option of the settlement, which does not ensure the realization of the right of Artsakh to self-determination without any limitation, and which could undermine the security of the people of Artsakh is unacceptable for the Armenian sides.
Proposals which were presented before 2018 and entailed a phased approach to the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, are unacceptable for Armenia. Moreover, since 2018, Armenia has not been negotiating on the basis of a phased approach to settlement.
Armenia has a clear vision of balanced approaches based on compromises and parity of commitments, which can lead to a just and lasting settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- Artsakh Defense Army Reports 34 More Casualties The total number of Armenian casualties since the launch of hostilities in Karabakh by Azerbaijan on September 27 reached 1746.
- Putin: Events in Nagorno-Karabakh Have Complicated the Situation in CSTO The situation in the CSTO area of responsibility did not go without problems and was uneasy, overall, Russian President Vladimir Putin stated during the CSTO summit on Wednesday.
- Artsakh Ombudsman Updates List on Numbers of POWs We are constantly updating our lists of prisoners of war based on information collected through published videos and evidence presented by families, as well as testimonies, calls and other proofs. We are...
- Russia Sees No Intentional Delay in the Process of Exchange of PoWs: Lavrov It is a fact that there are objective difficulties...
- Russian Peacekeepers Ensure Security of Vehicle Traffic via Lachin Corridor Troops of Russia’s peacekeeping contingent are ensuring security of vehicle traffic and movement of citizens via the Lachin corridor in Nagorno-Karabakh
Name of Candidate of Country’s Leader to Be Announced Tomorrow: ARF-D Representative
ECHR Decides to Lift Interim Measure Previously Indicated in Case of Armenia vs. Turkey
Pashinyan: Ruling Out Any Provocation, as well as Exchanging the War Prisoners and the Bodies of Victims is a Priority
Arayik Harutyunyan Had A Meeting Today With Families Of Soldiers Who Have Been Captured Or Declared Missing
Spain Notified About The Completion Of Internal Procedures For The Ratification Of The Armenia-EU CEPA
Armenia Won't Install National New Year Tree This Year
Armenian Government Is Lifting The Ban On Organization And Participation In Gatherings And Strikes
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Putin: Events in Nagorno-Karabakh Have Complicated the Situation in CSTO
Artsakh Defense Army Reports 34 More Casualties
Mane Tandilyan Named Minister of Labor, Social and Housing Affairs of Artsakh
Conscripts who Fought in Recent Artsakh War Start Getting Leaves
Vitaly Balasanyan Appointed Artsakh Security Council Secretary
Search Operations for Bodies of Killed Troops Underway in Hadrut Region
Two Artsakh Servicemen Killed in Explosion
The Special Medical Detachment Of The Russian Ministry Of Defense Srated To Apply Medical Assistance In Stepanakert
Armenia Records 137231 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Artsakh Ombudsman Updates List on Numbers of POWs
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
Armenia cCondemns All Types of Terrorist Acts in the Region and the Whole World: Armenia's MFA
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Ara Ayvazyan Appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia
Wind: 4 km/h