Over 300 Syrian Islamists Arrive to Karabakh Via Turkey — Macron
France confirms that more than 300 radical Islamists from Syria arrived to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone via Turkey’s Gaziantep, French President Emmanuel Macron told reporters after the first day of the EU summit in Brussels, TASS reports.
"I can assure that more than 300 Syrian Islamist militants, earlier taken out of the Aleppo zone, were deployed to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone via Turkey’s Gaziantep [to take part in the hostilities on Azerbaijan’s side]," he said. "This is a confirmed fact, those people have been identified and tracked down, all of them have links with the Islamic State terrorist group [outlawed in Russia]," Macron said.
"I discussed this with President Vladimir Putin, who confirmed that Russia has also been informed about this," the French leader added.
"[Turkey’s] behavior is unworthy of a NATO member state, we consider such actions to be totally inadmissible. In this case, the red line had already been crossed," he said.
The French leader went on to say that France and its co-chairs in the OSCE Minsk Group on Nagorno Karabakh - Russia and the United States - will come up with a series of initiatives to stop the conflict.
"Russia, the United States and France, as co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group will undertake a series of initiatives to stop the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh in the nearest possible time," he said. "We maintain close working contacts."
Meanwhile, European Council President Charles Michel said that EU leaders urge Turkey to stop interfering into the Nagorno-Karabakh issue and play a constructive role in de-escalating the situation.
"Yes, everyone should play a more constructive role to promote de-escalation. We want foreign interference to stop, it only makes the situation more difficult," he said.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
- Turkey Arrests Another Former Intelligence Officer in Hrant Dink Murder Case Earlier last week, the Istanbul court ordered the arrest of two former gendarmerie intelligence officers – Volkan Sahin and Veysal Sahin – in the same case.
- Turkish Lira Exchange Rate Hits Another Record Low Against USD Earlier, Bloomberg had linked the ongoing devaluation of the lira to the fears that Ankara could become embroiled in the Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) conflict between Armenians and Azerbaijanis.
- Turkey Denies Airspace for Transfer of Humanitarian Cargo to Armenia The airline did not give any sound reason. The humanitarian aid collected by the Armenian-American community was supposed to be sent to the civilians affected by the Artsakh-Azerbaijani war.
- Saudi Prince Calls for Boycotting Turkey Imports According to The New Khalij, the prince retweeted Erdogan’s remarks and wrote: "Therefore, I call for a full popular boycott for the Turkish products in order to protect the stability of Turkish economy...
Iran, Turkey Ink 3 Railroad Deals
India Moves ahead to Procure more MiG-29s and Sukhois
Russia’s FM Says Now not the Best Time to Discuss Nagorno Karabakh Status
Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia's PM Replaces Head of his Staff Eduard Aghajanyan with Released Health Minister Arsen Torosyan
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Representatives of the ARF Dashnaktsutyun Supreme Body of Armenia and Central Committee of Artsakh
COVID-Infected President Sarkissian to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
Armenia Central Bank Issues New Collector Coins
President’s Office confirms receiving PM’s motion on dismissing Healthcare Minister Arsen Torosyan
Iran jails U.S. Businessman, Possibly Jeopardizing Biden's Plans for Diplomacy with Tehran
Global Coronavirus Cases Top 95 mln
European Parliament, EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Navalny’s Detention
Ombudsman Applies to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Over Return of Armenian POWs from Azerbaijan
Russian Peacekeepers Start Demining Outskirts of Artsakh’s Martakert
Azerbaijani President’s Statements Became Slogans Inspiring Atrocities Against Armenians in Artsakh War, Armenian Ombudsman Says
Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official
190 Refugees Return to Stepanakert in a Day
Artsakh Emergency Service: One of 3 fallen Soldiers Found Sunday is Identified
Armenia Records 164676 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 5 km/h