Presidents of Armenia and France Expressed Concern with the Situation Over the Artsakh Conflict
A meeting of the President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian and President of France Emmanuel Macron took place at the Élysée Palace. At the meeting discussed was the situation in the Nagorno Karabakh conflict zone.
President Sarkissian expressed gratitude to President Macron and noted that Armenia highly values efforts of France, as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, and personal position of President Macron in the resolution of the conflict.
President Sarkissian underscored that the large-scale military aggression unleashed by Azerbaijan with the support of Turkey against Artsakh/Nagorno Karabakh continues, settlements, civilian population and civilian infrastructure of Artsakh are being targeted which causes deaths and injuries among civilians. The President of Armenia expressed deep concern with Turkey’s military and political assistance to Azerbaijan and underlined that Turkey’s, as the third party’s involvement of such magnitude makes the situation worse, endangering stability and security of the region. President Sarkissian said that Islamic terrorists brought by Turkey to Azerbaijan and enlisted in the armed forces of that country to be used in the military actions against Artsakh, pose a particular threat for the region. There is also a possibility that some time later they might appear in other countries, including in Europe.
President Macron also expressed concern with the ongoing military actions and ensuing situation.
Presidents Sarkissian and Macron concurred that there is no alternative to a peaceful resolution and stressed the importance of implementing agreements on ceasefire.
The Presidents underlined the role of the OSCE Minsk Group in the resolution of the conflict and stressed the importance of getting back to the negotiations under the co-chairmanship of the Minsk Group.
The Presidents of Armenia and France also stated with satisfaction that privileged Armenian-French relations, based on the centuries-long ties and friendship of the two nations, continue to develop in the spirit of friendship and mutual understanding.
President Armen Sarkissian arrived to Paris from Brussels where he met with the NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Josep Borrell, and President of the European Council Charles Michel.
- Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN Secretary General and UNESCO Director-General Attached to the letters was the report of the Office of the Human Rights Defender of the Republic of Artsakh on vandalism against the Armenian cultural heritage in the occupied territories of the Republic...
- Russian, Armenian And Azerbaijani Vice Premiers To Meet On January 27 From the Russian side the participant in the negotiations will be Alexey Overchuk, from the Armenian Mher Grigoryan and from Azerbaijani Sahin Mustafayev.
- No Incidents Has Been Maintained Along The Armenian-Azerbaijani Line Of Contact A stable operational situation with no incidents has been maintained along the Armenian-Azerbaijani line of contact of the Armenian state border overnight January 24-25, the Defense Ministry of Armenia...
- More Bodies Found in Battle Zones as Search Operations Continue, Says Artsakh So far, a total of 1283 bodies have been found in the battle zones as a result of the search operations. 15 of them are civilians who either have been murdered or killed in shelling.
- Armenia Ombudsman Presents Additional Evidence of Armenophobia in Azerbaijan The main issue here is that the same words are used in the mentioned publications as the Azerbaijani authorities and cultural figures. Moreover, both Azerbaijani and Turkish sources are in these publications.
Vladimir Putin Had a Telephone Conversation with Joseph Biden
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif Arrived in Armenia
Opposition Prosperous Armenia Party Leader Meets with Russia Ambassador
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN Secretary General and UNESCO Director-General
Armenia PM Appoints First Deputy Health Minister
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to India’s Prime Minister
Italian PM Conte to Resign Following Pandemic Criticism
There is a Positive Dynamic in President Armen Sarkissian’s Health Condition
PACE Calls on to Implement Provisions of Trilateral Statement on Karabakh
Artsakh Reports 21 New Cases of COVID-19 over Past Day
Human Rights Ombudsman’s Office of Artsakh Published a Report on the Threat to Armenian Cultural Heritage
138 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia
Artsakh Defense Army Published List Of 65 Servicemen Killed
Four More Bodies Of The Artsakh War Casualties Were Found
Ombudsman: The Issue Of Demarcation Is Of Fundamental Importance For The Rights Of The Border Residents Of The Syunik Region
Russian, Armenian And Azerbaijani Vice Premiers To Meet On January 27
Gunshots Fired at St. Sahag and St. Mesrob Armenian Cultural Center in Marseille
Biden Reverses Trump's Transgender Military Ban
30 Tons Humanitarian Aid Arrives in Armenia from Germany
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 3 km/h