Glendale Officially Recognizes Artsakh Independence, Calls on US President, Congress to Follow Lead
The City of Glendale, CA adopted a resolution on October 27 officially recognizing the independence of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh) and formally calling upon the President of the United States and U.S. Congress to do the same, told ARMENPRESS.
"….the Republic of Artsakh, also known as Nagorno-Karabakh, has historically been Armenian territory, populated by an overwhelming majority of Armenians….," reads the resolution.
"Beginning September 27, 2020, and continuing until the present, schools, hospitals, churches, and homes of Armenians in Artsakh and Armenia have been under attack by Turkey and Azerbaijan with the mission of continued genocide…."
"NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, CALIFORNIA, that The Glendale City Council recognizes the independence of the Republic of Artsakh and encourages the Republic of Artsakh to continue to develop as a free and independent country, and formally calls upon the President of the United States and U.S. Congress to recognize the independence of the Republic of Artsakh for the purpose of bringing peace and stability to the Armenian Highlands Region (South Caucasus)."
- Bodies of 30 Armenian Servicemen Returned by Azerbaijani Side Unrecognizable The bodies are unrecognizable. Forensic medicine expert examination has been designated to identify them.
- Artsakh's Foreign Ministry Welcomes European Parliament's Position on NK Conflict We welcome the European Parliament's support for the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairmen for a comprehensive settlement of the conflict founded on the Basic Principles proposed by the international...
- Polish Politician Offered 50,000$ to Cancel Publication of a Brochure on Azerbaijani War Crimes in Karabakh "President Aliyev probably heard about my publication?" My response to Baku is: "Release the Armenian prisoners of war," Buczek wrote in an accompanying message to the screenshot.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to International Structures in Connection with Armenian Prisoners of War and Civilians Detained by Azerbaijan The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh invites to undertake urgent measures to ensure Azerbaijan’s implementation of the Geneva Conventions and to require official Baku to fulfill...
- Russia’s FM Says Now not the Best Time to Discuss Nagorno Karabakh Status “I am hopeful that the emotions will now be pushed back. By the way this is the reason why now is not the best time to push the subject of Nagorno Karabakh status as a priority, it remains for future,”...
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Bodies of 30 Armenian Servicemen Returned by Azerbaijani Side Unrecognizable
Armenia Records 166036 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Eve of the Fast of Catechumens
Joe Biden Is Secretly Kurdish and Emigrated to the United States from Yerevan: Turkish Former Deputy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs of the Republic of Armenia
Iran FM Calls on New US Administration to Lift All Sanctions Imposed Under Trump
Five More Bodies of War Casualties Retrieved from Karabakh Conflict Zone
Artsakh Military Releases Names of 72 More Fallen Troops
Russian State TV to Screen Film Dedicated to Arno Babajanyan’s 100th Anniversary on Saturday
More than 50,500 Artsakh People Transported to Stepanakert from Yerevan After War
Trump Speaks to Press for First Time Since Stepping Down as US President
Armenia Records 165909 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Rads are Closed in Armenia
Members of UK House of Lords Make Statements in Support of Karabakh
Azerbaijan Launches Criminal Case against 2 Lebanese-Armenians Captured in Karabakh
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Georgia Held a Meeting in Tsinandali
Gagik Jhangiryan and David Khachatryan Elected Members of Supreme Judicial Council
Artsakh's Foreign Ministry Welcomes European Parliament's Position on NK Conflict
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 4 km/h