Turkey's Attempts to Kill Two Birds with One Stone
Last week, radical changes took placein
At the same time
What was the reason for such a dramatic change in Turkish foreign policy?
Because of the Turkish Government’s unwillingness or inability, Turkish-Syrian border has become the primary entrance and exit path for IS militants. Together with this, though it may sound strange, the Turkish authorities were not only able to prevent IS militants from launching terrorist activities in the country, but also, in case of necessity, they were coming to a confidential agreement with terrorists.
For example, last year in June, when the IS militants seized the city of Mosul, in quite a strange way the Turkish authorities managed to reach an agreement with the "Islamic State’" and free the Turkish consulate employees from the hands of terrorists, exchanging them with prisoners.
But more recent developments and the terrorist actions in
As always, this time, too,
This naturally resulted to a new wave of rebellion by Kurdish people in
Whether the Turkish authorities are able to confront all challenges and become the winner in all three fronts, is too early to say, but the experience has shown that the attempts of the government keeping the public in a cage for concealing the existing problems within the country has been fatal , first of all, for the ruling regime.
- State of Emergency Announced in Egypt The measure allows authorities to make arrests without warrants and search people's homes. It needs to be approved by parliament before it is implemented.
- At Least 40 Injured at London Terrorist Attack According to the Deputy Commissioner and head of counter terrorism at the Metropolitan Police, Mark Rowley they know who the terrorist is and that he was inspired by international and Islamist-related...
- Syria's Key Homs City Soon Completely Back Under Gov't Control Busses ready to carry the armed rebels and their families were lined up at the entrance of the al-Wair neighborhood, with government soldiers, policemen, and several Russian military policemen, on alert...
- 60 ISIL Suspects Detained in Ankara The suspects, most of them foreign nationals, have been charged with being members of an armed extremist organization.
- US Issues Warning after ISIS Calls for Terror Attacks The FBI says there are no specific, credible threats, but a warning is being issued out of an ''abundance of caution.''
- Mass Arrests in Turkey Detention orders had been issued for 1,000 people, of which 803 had been detained in operations carried out across all 81 of Turkey’s provinces.
- Erdogan's Turkey Will be More Unpredictable and Tough in Its Actions Referring to Turkey’s relations with other power center – Russia, it should be mentioned that no serious changes should be expected in this regard. Turkey will continue to make its relations with Russia...
- Turkey’s Main Opposition Party Have Appealed to the Election Watchdog for the Annulment of a Critical Referendum The only thing that needs to be done with regard to this referendum, which has lost its legitimacy, is its annulment.
- Turkey Extends State of Emergency for Another Three Months "The state of emergency is not an issue of fantasy for Turkey or a measure to ease the hands of the government," Numan Kurtulmuş said.
- International Observers: Constitutional Referendum in Turkey Was Contested on an Unlevel Playing Field Media coverage was dominated by the "yes" campaign, de Zulueta said, a factor which, along with the arrests of journalists and the closure of media outlets, "reduced voters' access to a plurality of views." ...
Syrian Opposition Claims Israel Carried Out Air Strikes Near Damascus Airport
NKR Defense Army: Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime Over 45 Times
"Meds Yehgern" or "Genocide": Will the Usage of Either of the Terms by the US Mean Official Recognition?
Intracom Telecom’s WiBAS™: Connect Selected by EOLO SpA for Wireless Ultra-Broadband Residential Network Across Italy
EU Parliament to Begin Process of Lifting Le Pen Immunity
Trump Intends to Reduce Taxes for Business
Sarkozy Decided To Vote For Macron
Netanyahu Cancels the Meeting with German Foreign Minister
Mass Arrests in Turkey
Defense Minister of Armenia Leaves For Russia
Foreign Minister of Armenia and Azerbaijan Will Meet By the Invitation of Russia
Armenia Welcomes the Recognition of the Armenia Genocide by the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic
Erdogan: If Necessary Turkey Can Hold a Vote Similar to Britain’s
French Mayor Fined for His Comment on Muslims
The Parliament of Czech Republic Recognized the Armenian Genocide
NKR Defense Army: Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime About 55 Times
Photo Studio of Armenian Traditional Costumes Will Be Opened in Artsakh
Artsakh Foreign Minister's Visit to South Ossetia
A Soldier Was Fatally Wounded in Artsakh
Russia Calls Azerbaijani Media to Stop Propaganda
Cher Explained why UK and US Refuse to Recognize Armenian Genocide
Kandelaki continues hailing Mkhitaryan on social media
Erdogan Confesses: Those, Who Were Thrown into the Sea 100 Years Ago, Now Say 'No' to Constitutional Amendments
11,000 $ Will Be Given to the Family of the Killed Armenian Soldier of the Turkish Army
Charles Aznavour: I Wish Armenia Was Surrounded Only by Friendly Countries
Selina Dogan: People in Turkey, Including the Armenian Community, Do Not Have Any Hope (EXCLUSIVE)
Serzh Tankian Sings In the Shushi Ghazanchetsots Cathedral (Video)
Aris Georgopoulos: Brexit Referendum Became a Platform of Expression of a New Kind of Nationalism in the UK (EXCLUSIVE)
Republican Party of Armenia and Its Foreign Policy Priorities: Interview with Artak Zakaryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Easter: a Hope for Living
Wind: 6.44 km/h