Turkey's Attempts to Kill Two Birds with One Stone
Last week, radical changes took placein
At the same time
What was the reason for such a dramatic change in Turkish foreign policy?
Because of the Turkish Government’s unwillingness or inability, Turkish-Syrian border has become the primary entrance and exit path for IS militants. Together with this, though it may sound strange, the Turkish authorities were not only able to prevent IS militants from launching terrorist activities in the country, but also, in case of necessity, they were coming to a confidential agreement with terrorists.
For example, last year in June, when the IS militants seized the city of Mosul, in quite a strange way the Turkish authorities managed to reach an agreement with the "Islamic State’" and free the Turkish consulate employees from the hands of terrorists, exchanging them with prisoners.
But more recent developments and the terrorist actions in
As always, this time, too,
This naturally resulted to a new wave of rebellion by Kurdish people in
Whether the Turkish authorities are able to confront all challenges and become the winner in all three fronts, is too early to say, but the experience has shown that the attempts of the government keeping the public in a cage for concealing the existing problems within the country has been fatal , first of all, for the ruling regime.
- Lights of Eiffel Tower Will Be Turned Off to Honor the Victims in Somalia "We will extinguish tonight LaTourEiffel at midnight in tribute to the victims of the attack in Mogadiscio," wrote the mayor of Paris with the words-sharp "we are united and #Paris".
- 276 People Killed in Somalia Attack As angry protesters gathered near the scene of the attack, Somalia's government blamed the al-Qaida linked al-Shabab extremist group for what it called a "national disaster."
- Syrian Army Ousts Islamic State From Pocket East of Homs The armed forces completed military operations in the eastern Homs countryside, eliminating the last groups of the terrorist Islamic State in the area and liberating an area of 1,800 square kilometres.
- Raqqa Campaign in Final Stages, SDF Says In a statement, the SDF said it had opened a new front against IS on the northern edge of Raqqa, describing this as “a feature of the final stages of the Euphrates Wrath campaign, which is nearing its...
- Barcelona Suspected Identify by Police Younes Abouyaaqoub, 22, could be armed, officials say, and the manhunt has been extended across Europe. New CCTV footage from the day of the attack appears to show him fleeing the scene on foot.
- US Delegation to Visit Turkey The delegation will be headed by the State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Jonathan Cohen, according to sources.
- Neither Erdogan, Nor His Cabinet Ministers Haven’t Accepted US Ambassador’s Farewell Visit Bass, who was sworn in as ambassador to Turkey in September 2014, was recently confirmed by the US Senate for his next post as ambassador to Afghanistan.
- US and Turkey Suspend Most Visa Services This comes after a US consulate worker in Istanbul was held last week on suspicion of links to a cleric blamed for last year's failed coup in Turkey.
- Turkey Building Watchtowers with a Height of 15 Meters along Borders The high security surveillance towers, dubbed "kulekol," are to be placed at certain intervals between the border walls, and a military team of 10 will reside there.
- Erdogan Threatens to Close its Border with Northern Iraq Flights to northern Iraq have already been suspended, the air space and borders will also close soon.
Armenian Violinist Heads for Two More Guinness Records
Armenia Announces Big Military Spending Increase: EurasiaNet
Karabakh President Sends Condolence Letter to Levon Hayrapetyan’s Family
Erdogan Barzani: How Dare You Say That Kirkuk Is Yours?
Solemn Ceremony of Establishing the Flanders-Artsakh Friendship Group
Soros Makes about $18bn for Human Rights
Artsakh President in Belgium on Working Visit
Eco-Rugs of Karabakh Carpet Are Highly Demanded
Spanish PM Asks Catalan Leader to Act Sensibly
OSCE Chairmanship Welcomes Fresh Commitment by Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan
Philanthropist Levon Hayrapetyan Dies at 68
Is the Current Turkish Military Operation in Syria Legal?
Qatar Accuses Saudi Arabia of Engineering "Regime Change"
Iraqi Forces Have Taken Control of Mosul’s Nineveh Province from Kurds
Book of Artsakh Author Published in Germany
Documentation Database of Property of Armenians Launched by Armenian Legal Center
Sargsyan-Aliyev Meeting Was Positive But Not Productive
Sargsyan Answered to Aliyev: Karabakh Should Be Outside Azerbaijan
Witnessing the Armenian Genocide, Sarah Aaronsohn Became a Spy and Helped the British Defeat the Ottoman Empire
US-Backed Forced Have Taken Full Control of Raqqa
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
The President of Bolivia Has Proposed to Introduce Universal Citizenship for All Inhabitants of the Earth
On the Occasion of the 26th Anniversary of Armenia’s Independence President Sargsyan Visited the Erablur Pantheon
Wind: 6.44 km/h