Turkey's Attempts to Kill Two Birds with One Stone
Last week, radical changes took placein
At the same time
What was the reason for such a dramatic change in Turkish foreign policy?
Because of the Turkish Government’s unwillingness or inability, Turkish-Syrian border has become the primary entrance and exit path for IS militants. Together with this, though it may sound strange, the Turkish authorities were not only able to prevent IS militants from launching terrorist activities in the country, but also, in case of necessity, they were coming to a confidential agreement with terrorists.
For example, last year in June, when the IS militants seized the city of Mosul, in quite a strange way the Turkish authorities managed to reach an agreement with the "Islamic State’" and free the Turkish consulate employees from the hands of terrorists, exchanging them with prisoners.
But more recent developments and the terrorist actions in
As always, this time, too,
This naturally resulted to a new wave of rebellion by Kurdish people in
Whether the Turkish authorities are able to confront all challenges and become the winner in all three fronts, is too early to say, but the experience has shown that the attempts of the government keeping the public in a cage for concealing the existing problems within the country has been fatal , first of all, for the ruling regime.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- Iraq Declares War With Islamic State Is Over Iraq's announcement comes two days after the Russian military declared it had accomplished its mission of defeating IS in neighbouring Syria.
- GOP Chairman Warns of ISIS's ‘Cyber Caliphate’ “It is good that we by and large have taken away the physical caliphate,” Johnson, the chair of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, said during remarks at a hearing on...
- PACE Eliminates Turkish from the List of Working Languages Thus there will be no separate translation into Turkish of Committee meetings and plenary sessions. If needed, the Turkish Parliament will assume the costs of the translation.
- Turkish Foreign Minister to Leave for Russia with an Official Visit "Turkey attaches great importance to relations with Russia. Our Foreign Minister will pay a visit to Moscow from March12 to 14, during which he will discuss preparations for the summit meeting of the Cooperation...
- The US Embassy in Ankara Continues to be Closed because of Security Threat Embassy Ankara informs U.S. citizens that the U.S. Embassy in Ankara will be closed to the public on March 5, 2018, due to a security threat. The Embassy will announce its reopening, once it resumes services.
- Unidentified Assailants Vandalize Turkish Embassy Building in Berlin Police closed the Embassy street after the incident and an investigation is underway to identify the assailants.
- Kurdish YPG: Syrian Army Must Come Help Stop Turkey The YPG has called on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government to send troops to the Afrin region in the northwest, and pro-Damascus militias arrived there late on Tuesday.
Merkel Hopes to Avoid Trade War with US
Saudi Arabia Prince to Meet Trump
If the World Continues to Silently Support Erdogan the Hands of Turkey Will Go Beyond Syria
Erdogan Celebrates Capturing of Afrin: What Does It Mean to Him?
Serzh Sargsyan Called a Consultative Meeting to Discuss the Preparations for the Major State Events
School Bombing in Syria's Eastern Ghouta: At Least 16 Children Killed
How Real Is for Aliyev the Threat of Islamists Returning From the Middle East?
Artsakh Develops Relations with the USA at Different Levels
Erdogan Accuses the US for "Trying to Deceive Turkey"
The US Calls on Turkey to End the State of Emergency
Abbas Accuses Hamas of Orchestrating the Explosion that Targeted the Convoy of Prime Minister
Turkish Scholar: There Has Never Been a Turkish Race; it’s a Synthesis
March 20 is Celebrated as International Day of Happiness
Prime Minister of Armenia Received Ambassador of China and Vice President of Powerchina International Group Limited
The Delegation of Francophonie Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial
Life Is a Celebration, but Vaastu Shastra Makes It More Harmonious (EXCLUSIVE)
RA MoD: The Life of the Wounded Soldier Is not in Danger
NKR Defense Army Shot Down an Azerbaijani Drone (Pics)
White House Explains Why Trump Didn’t Congratulate Putin on Election
EU to Keep Pressure on North Korea over its Nuclear Program
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h