Monte Melkonian: I am an Armenian; This Homeland Belongs to Me As Much As it Belongs to Any Other Armenian
"I am Armenian who came from the United States and here I struggle for the same aim as all the rest. I am an Armenian; this homeland belongs to me as much as it belongs to any other Armenian. I think I share the same responsibility for the defense of this piece of land as any other Armenian does. Consequently, it is natural to be here and to struggle along with the people of Artsakh," used to say the hero of Artsakh liberation war Monte Melkonian.
Today is the 23th year since the hero of the Armenian nation Monte Melkonyan son of Charlz, died.
Monte Melkonyan was born on November 25, in 1957 in the city of Visalia not far from the city of Frezno, in the US State of California.
After the liberation war of Artsakh started, he gave up his academic career and left for Artsakh to participate in military operations. In the battlefield his courage was very quickly noticed and in January of 1992 he was appointed the commander of Martuni region defense forces.
The liberation of Omar Pass was one of his most responsible and brilliant operations, where the talent of Monte commander was once more demonstrated. Monte was convinced that a battle demands crazy actions, the ones that a reasonable person would not do, but he did.
On June 12, 1993, after wide scale operations of neutralizing weapon displacements, the commander of Martuni region Monte Melkonian was going down from the commanding heights to personally check the situation and position his fighters, In the Marzili village near Aghdam they unexpectedly met armored infantry fighting vehicles of the opponent.
Going out of the car and positioning himself Monte started to fire however was killed in an unequal battle by a rocket fired from a vehicle of the opponent.
Monte Melkonian got the tile of the hero of the republics of Armenian and Artsakh. After his name are the RA Military collage, schools in Armenia and Artsakh.
- Azerbaijan, in Fact, Refuses Any Negotiation, Threatening by War Azerbaijani side acknowledged that they are ready to begin military operations at the first convenient moment. And this, in fact, is a refusal of a political settlement through negotiations.
- Three Tasks of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Visit to Armenia Despite the statements of the new authorities on the continuity of Armenia's policy on the Karabakh issue, there are some new accents. And in this case, the co-chairs would like to understand how much...
- NKR Defense Army Serviceman Wounded from Opponent's Shot An investigation is underway to determine the details of the incident.
- Azerbaijan Fails to Lead OSCE Mission to its Frontlines during Monitoring The monitoring passed in accordance with the agreed schedule. However, the Azerbaijani side failed to lead the OSCE mission to its frontline positions, the Artsakh Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
- Bako Sahakyan Met with Andrzej Kasprzyk The meeting addressed a range of issues related to the situation along the contact line between the Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces.
- When I Sit Around a Table with Other Armenians, Bread and Wine Taste Differently: The Armenian Speechwriter of 3 US Presidents Aram Bakhshyan was born in Washington, DC (USA), in 1944. His life is a vivid example of career rise and realization of personality: he was a freelance journalist, journal editor, art critic, teacher at...
- James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma James Bagyan was born in 1952 in Philadelphia. His parents moved to the USA from Trabzon. According to James himself, his grandfather, Nazareth Kundebagyan, emigrated from Arabkir to America in 1913.
- Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin Vazgen Oganesov performed his last combat sortie during the battles for Berlin. On the eve of the Victory it was necessary to prevent the aircraft of Hitler's Reich from German besiegers headed by Hitler...
- Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country The small Armenian diaspora in this exotic ancient country has always occupied an important place in all areas of state and cultural life, Dlmn.info notes.
- The World Famous Armenian Soldiers: Avakyants, Shekerdzhyan, Derunyan ''Armedia'' IAA is presentd a series of articles on the life and professional activities of high-ranking Armenian military servicemen who served in the armed forces of other countries.
Singapore Revises Cost of Trump-Kim Summit
Bako Sahakyan Received Chairman of the Armenian National Committee of America
Statue of Kirk Kerkorian Unveiled in Gyumri, Armenia
U.S. Defense Secretary to Hold Talks with Chinese Leaders
Turkey Elections 2018: Erdogan Declared Winner
10 People Executed in China
William Saroyan House-Museum in Fresno
Thousands Join London March to Demand Brexit Deal Referendum
Iran Expects Europe's Package to Save Nuclear Deal by end of June
Denmark Is The Most Expensive EU Country
Feast of the Discovery of St. Mary’s Box
5 Day Weather Forecast
Ethiopia: One dead and Dozens Hurt in Grenade Attack at Pro-PM Rally
Erdogan Faces Test in Critical Elections: DW
OSCE Is Eager to Step Up its Links with Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan: Permanent Representatives Return from Fruitful Trip
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Town of Karvachar
Serzh Sargsyan Sent a Congratulatory Message to Armen Sarkissian on Birthday Anniversary
The first soldier to be awarded the Victoria Cross (VC) by Queen Elizabeth II, has died aged 90
US and South Korea suspend more joint military exercises
Commemoration of Sts. Tiridates, King of Armenia, Queen Ashkhen and Princess Khosrovidoukht
Nikol Pashinyan to Resign During a Year
Prime Minister Pashinyan Attends Gala Concert Dedicated to World Foot Championship in Red Square (PHOTOS)
It’s Already Two Months Azerbaijan Has Accumulated Troops in Different Parts of the Contact Line, Davit Babayan
Alexander Lapshin Claims Azerbaijan Might Be Behind the Death of Anthony Bourdain for Artsakh Episode
Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
''Armenian-Russian Relations are Developing Steadily and Dynamically'' - Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Dmitry Medvedev
Nikol Pashinyan Visits Prelacy of Holy Transformation Church of Russia and New Nakhichevan Diocese (PHOTOS)
The Issue of Recognition of the Armenian Genocide is a Tool in Turkish-Israeli Relations: Armen Petrosyan
Press Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group Following their Meetings with Armenian Officials
Wind: 6.44 km/h