PLO Threatens to Revoke Recognition of Israel if US Embassy Is Moved to Jerusalem
Senior Palestinian officials have warned that the Palestine Liberation Organisation’s recognition of Israel – one of the key pillars of the moribund Oslo peace agreements – is in danger of being revoked if Donald Trump moves the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, The Guardian informs.
Senior Palestinian negotiator Mohammed Shtayyeh told reporters on Tuesday that any move to relocate the US embassy would provoke a reaction. "One of the measures we are considering seriously is the issue of mutual recognition between the PLO and Israel. [It] is not valid any more doing this," he said referring to the proposed embassy move.
- Clashes in Jerusalem: 113 People Injured The Israeli authorities had argued the new security measures were necessary after Palestinian gunmen killed two Israeli police officers near the compound on 14 July.
- Muslim Boycott of the Temple Mount Ended Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas issued a statement calling for prayer services to be held in the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
- The Explosive Situation in Jerusalem Is Not Over Yet According to her, Israel's reaction with the metal detectors was not the most creative one, but it is necessary. ʺHowever, knowing how fragile the situation is, Israel removed the detectors and security...
- Muslim Worshipers Still Refuse Entering the Temple Mount The worshipers said that they refused to enter the holy place if security cameras and other sensors and security equipment put in place over the last ten days remained in place.
- Israel to Remove Metal Detectors from the Holy Site in Jerusalem The late-night announcement by the office of the Israeli prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, is designed to end the crisis over the holy site.
Armenian Violinist Heads for Two More Guinness Records
Armenia Announces Big Military Spending Increase: EurasiaNet
Karabakh President Sends Condolence Letter to Levon Hayrapetyan’s Family
Erdogan Barzani: How Dare You Say That Kirkuk Is Yours?
Solemn Ceremony of Establishing the Flanders-Artsakh Friendship Group
Soros Makes about $18bn for Human Rights
Artsakh President in Belgium on Working Visit
Eco-Rugs of Karabakh Carpet Are Highly Demanded
Spanish PM Asks Catalan Leader to Act Sensibly
OSCE Chairmanship Welcomes Fresh Commitment by Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan
Philanthropist Levon Hayrapetyan Dies at 68
Is the Current Turkish Military Operation in Syria Legal?
Qatar Accuses Saudi Arabia of Engineering "Regime Change"
Iraqi Forces Have Taken Control of Mosul’s Nineveh Province from Kurds
Book of Artsakh Author Published in Germany
Documentation Database of Property of Armenians Launched by Armenian Legal Center
Sargsyan-Aliyev Meeting Was Positive But Not Productive
Sargsyan Answered to Aliyev: Karabakh Should Be Outside Azerbaijan
Witnessing the Armenian Genocide, Sarah Aaronsohn Became a Spy and Helped the British Defeat the Ottoman Empire
US-Backed Forced Have Taken Full Control of Raqqa
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
The President of Bolivia Has Proposed to Introduce Universal Citizenship for All Inhabitants of the Earth
On the Occasion of the 26th Anniversary of Armenia’s Independence President Sargsyan Visited the Erablur Pantheon
Wind: 6.44 km/h