Different Parts of World Protest Against Trump's Immigration Ban
The League of Arab States is worried about the US president Donald Trump's decision to restrict entry visa for the refugees from Muslim countries.
"Donald Trump's decision destroys the unity of families in general and the relations between the United States and the Arab countries," said the organization's secretary general, Ahmed Abdul Gheit.
According to him, Trump's actions are contrary to the positive processes that are observed in the last decade.
It should be recalled that Trump suspended for 90 days the immigration from seven countries, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.
In addition, for 120 days he suspended the acceptance of refugees from any country, and an indefinite ban imposed on the entry of Syrian refugees, providing an exception only for Christians.
The protests against this decision do not stop in the largest cities of the United States. Mass demonstrations were held in California, New York, Texas, Massachusetts, Georgia etc.
Protesters chanted "No hate" and "No fear," "We welcome the refugees." At least five federal judges have gone against the president's decree and blocked its implementation.
According to the Gallup poll analytical agency survey data, at least 51 percent of Americans do not approve Trump's migration policy.
After nationwide protests the head of the White House released a statement, which said: "America is a country of immigrants, and we will continue to care for those who are fleeing from persecution and pressure, but we must also protect our own citizens and borders."
"In the world there are more than 40 predominantly Muslim-populated countries, which are not covered by this decree," the president-elect added.
However, such a policy has caused concern among many countries not only in America. German Chancellor Angela Merkel has publicly expressed regret, saying that "the fight against terrorism and extremism does not justify doubts regarding specific nationalities."
Canada, in turn, criticized Trump, and the country's immigration minister Ahmed Hussein said that Canada is ready to provide temporary shelter for people who are forced to stay because of the Trump decree restricting entry for Muslims. Hussein added that the administration of the Ottawa assured that the prohibition does not apply to the Canadians with dual citizenship from those seven countries.
- Up to 1000 More US Troops Could be Headed to Afghanistan This Spring The possible increases have the support of the Army’s senior leadership, which has been working to determine the mix of troops required to execute a strategy centered on a new combat formation.
- Shutdown in US Congress The federal agencies across the country will be unable to continue operating, and hundreds of thousands of "non-essential" federal workers faced with being put on temporary unpaid leave
- New Act against Iran in US Congress "Congress has four months to fix the flaws of the JCPOA to permanently block Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons capability," said Representative Roskam.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- US Congressman Called to Expand US-Artsakh Ties ANCA thanked Congressman Pallone for taking a legislative sledgehammer to the walls that have, for far too long, prevented the very type of open dialogue that is so very necessary for a durable and democratic...
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Iraq to Hold Parliamentary Elections on May 12
Turkish Army Extends Syria Operation to East of Afrin
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Officially Becomes Arsenal
RA Prime Minister: The Eurasian Integration Project Has Expanded Our Economic Boundaries
Trump’s Attendance at the World Economic Forum in Davos in Doubt
Turkey, Russia, Iran Agree on Syrian Meeting in Sochi
The Election of PACE New President Will Create Favorable Environment for Our Delegation's Work: Naira Karapetyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Indian Prisoners Will Live Together with Cows for Curing their Impure Minds
By the End of 2019 the US Embassy Will be Moved to Jerusalem. Pence
Football Tournament in Memory of Hrant Dink Was Held in Turkey
Armen Sargsyan Will Return to Armenia at the End of the Week
Will the New Parliament of Catalonia Fight for Independence
Michele Nicoletti Elected PACE President
International Arrest Warrant for Puigdemont May Be Reactivated
The Priority in the Negotiations Is the Implementation of Agreements Reached in Vienna, St. Petersburg and Geneva
Three People Injured in New York Shooting
Erdogan says Syria Operation Will End in Very Short Time
Up to 1000 More US Troops Could be Headed to Afghanistan This Spring
India Supports Talks between Azerbaijan and Armenia Mediated by OSCE Minsk Group
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
2017 - Second Warmest since 1880 (VIDEO)
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
New Act against Iran in US Congress
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Statement of Artsakh National Assembly on 28th Anniversary of the Mass Pogroms of the Armenians in Baku
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h