U.S. House of Representatives Unanimously Condemned Erdogan-ordered Attack Against Peaceful Protesters
With a vote of 397 to 0, the U.S. House of Representatives Tuesday unanimously condemned Turkey, sharply criticizing the brutal May 16th Erdogan-ordered attack against peaceful protesters in Washington DC, reported the Armenian National Committee of America. H.Res.354 represents a powerful stand against Ankara’s attempts to export its violence and intolerance to America’s shores, Horizon Weekly informs.
"With today’s vote, Congress started rolling back Ankara’s occupation of Washington, DC," said ANCA Executive Director Aram Hamparian. "After far too many years of appeasing Ankara – turning a blind eye to its genocidal horrors, abuses at home, and aggression abroad – the United States, starting with the House of Representatives – today turned an important corner, challenging Turkey’s violence and confronting its increasingly anti-American conduct."
H.Res.354 was spearheaded by House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce (R-CA), Ranking Democrat Eliot Engel (D-NY), House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) and received the public backing of House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) prior to the vote.
Chairman Royce led floor discussion of the measure, noting, "the violent attacks by officers assigned to Turkish President Erdogan’s security detail against peaceful protesters back on May 16 were designed to do one thing: they were designed to silence those protesters’ criticism of the Turkish government. And that is why it is so important that we speak out. We must speak loudly and clearly that we will protect our citizens, our citizens and their fundamental rights to free speech and to assembly."
- US Appreciate Armenia's Role in Protecting Christians One of the reasons that the U.S. continues to support Armenia is that the latter has sheltered a number of refugee.
- Trump’s Decision on the Status of Jerusalem: What Are the Main Implications? The decision will also become another reason for tension between the US and its NATO ally Turkey, which has already threatened to break diplomatic ties with Isra
- Pope Francis: Respect the ''Status Quo'' of Jerusalem Trump is due on Wednesday to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and set in motion the relocation of the US Embassy to the ancient city, a decision that upends decades of US policy and risks fuelling...
- Trump to Recognize Jerusalem as Israel's Capital It is also being mentioned that the US embassy will not be immediately moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Lavrov and Tillerson to Discuss the North Korean Crisis Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov informed that Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was expected to discuss the North Korean crisis with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson during the meeting in...
Israel Will Not Be Lectured to By a Leader Who Bombs His Own People: Netanyahu to Erdogan
Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers
Egypt’s President Invites Palestinian President to Cairo to Discuss Trump's Jerusalem Move
The Syrian Army and Iranian-Backed Militias Started a Military Campaign Against Rebels in Hama Province
Macron to Netanyahu: US Recognition of Jerusalem Is a Threat to Peace
BrExit: Second Round
Pope Prays for Nuclear Disarmament
UK Aims for Trade Deal with EU that Tops Canada Pact
Saakashvili Supporters Demand Ukraine's Leader Be Impeached
Archaeologists Uncover 3500-Year-Old Tomb at Egypt's Luxor (photo)
Lebanon Urges to Sanction US Over Jerusalem Decision
Hamshen Armenian Activists Released From Turkish Prison
There are Impassable Roads in Armenia
Called the Total Sum of All Corruption in the World
Iraq Declares War With Islamic State Is Over
Eurovision- 2017 winner Salvador Sobral Has Heart Transplant
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Turns 70
Arab States Urge U.S. to Abandon Jerusalem Move
Artsakh Foreign Minister Received Chairman of the Standing Committee on Foreign Relations of the National Assembly of Armenia
Artsakh Republic President Met with Members of the Armenian National Assembly Standing Committee on Foreign Relations
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h