Armenia and the US Need New Impetus in Their Relations
Since the election of the US new president and the transfer of the power from the Democrats to the Republicans, it is high time for Armenia to demonstrate an initiative to mutually consider new formats of cooperation that will further deepen the existing relations between the two countries. A step towards this will be organizing bilateral high level meetings. It would be ideal if as a result of those meetings the sides sign a memorandum, which will signal a new stage of the cooperation between them.
High-level meetings at this period of time is of special importance, taking into consideration also the fact that Armenia is passing from a presidential system of governance to the parliamentary one.
In this context it would be more than natural that during those meetings among other issues the sides also discuss, as well as initiate steps for further deepening the parliamentary connections between the two countries. The sides can make initial arrangements for the new format of cooperation between, for example, the ruling parties, which will assume regular meetings of the party representatives with a clearly defined cooperation agenda. In the context of the parliamentary diplomacy, the cooperation in the framework of the US-Armenian friendship group should also be activated.
On the other hand, the cooperation at the executive level can be boosted by stronger connections between various ministries, which can be achieved by establishing a regular format of meetings between the US and Armenian counterparts (for example once a year).
Thus to further boost the US-Armenia relations, the cooperation at different levels should become even more active. This also refers to the cooperation with the local-governing bodies, such as with the US separate states, cities, etc.
Finally, taking into consideration the so-far demonstrated tendency of Trump’s team in their foreign policy, Armenia, in its relations with the US, should focus on the aspects of cooperation which are of mutual interests for both sides and are not only based on the assistance programs.
- Soros Makes about $18bn for Human Rights The donation makes Soros’s Open Society Foundations the third largest charitable foundation in the world, behind the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the Wellcome Trust.
- Israel Also Withdraws from UNESCO In a statement, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hailed the U.S. decision as "brave and moral" and stated that Israel would begin preparations to follow suit.
- US Delegation to Visit Turkey The delegation will be headed by the State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Jonathan Cohen, according to sources.
- Trump-Tillerson Disagreements: Do They Have Certain Purpose? However, one cannot also exclude the scenario, that such a public demonstration of disagreement is a diplomatic trick of Trump’s administration to balance the US stance on various foreign policy issues.
- Neither Erdogan, Nor His Cabinet Ministers Haven’t Accepted US Ambassador’s Farewell Visit Bass, who was sworn in as ambassador to Turkey in September 2014, was recently confirmed by the US Senate for his next post as ambassador to Afghanistan.
- Delegation from California on a Visit to Armenia and Artsakh "The California legislative delegation to Armenia is an important step in continuing to strengthen ties between the Republic of Armenia and the State of California," stated Nazarian.
- US State Secretary's Statement on Karabakh Conflict: What Can We Conclude? Indeed, the conflict can never get a final resolution, unless the security of the population in Artsakh is insured.
- President Serzh Sargsyan Offers Condolences to US President Donald Trump I was informed with a deep sorrow about the horrible violence in Las Vegas which claimed the lives of dozens of innocent people and injured hundreds.
- Adam Schiff Urges Textbook Publishers to Include More Information on Armenian Genocide Letters were sent to major textbook publishers, such as Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, McGraw-Hill and Pearson, said Emilie Simons, a spokeswoman for Schiff.
- US Secretary of State Thanks Armenia We greatly appreciate these endeavors toward building a more peaceful world.
RA NA Deputies Delivered Lectures in Artsakh
RA President Received High Representative of Mekhitarist Congregation, His Eminence Archbishop Lévon Zékiyan
Belarus-Armenia Friendship Forest to Be Planted in Armenia
Armenian Army Delegation Travels to US
Russia Accuses the US-Led Coalition of Decimating Raqqa
Film about Henrikh Mkhitaryan Coming Soon
Solemn Ceremony of Donating Armenian Style Carpets to Artsakh Churches
The Typhoon ''Lan'' Swept out Japanese Coastal Areas (VIDEO)
Which Are the Objectives and the Principles of the EU-RA New Agreement?
Our Claims on Genocide Become More Substantial
Catalan Parliament May Decide on Independence on October 26
Turkey Waiting for the Extradition of Gülen
Why Cooperation with the EU Has Become a Priority for Azerbaijan?
EU Member Spain Ignores European Standards
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: At Least 128 People Killed in Homs by ISIS
Catalan Authorities Will Not Follow Orders from the Spanish Government
US Backed Kurdish Forces Seized Syria’s Largest Oil Field
Trump on the EU Stance on Iran Sanctions
Armenian Foreign Minister to Participate in the OSCE Conference
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Used Spike: NKR Defense Army Warns of Painful Response
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
The Armenian Delegation to the OSCE PA Proposed to Monitor the Armenian and Azerbaijani Textbooks and Media (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h