Armenia and the US Need New Impetus in Their Relations
Since the election of the US new president and the transfer of the power from the Democrats to the Republicans, it is high time for Armenia to demonstrate an initiative to mutually consider new formats of cooperation that will further deepen the existing relations between the two countries. A step towards this will be organizing bilateral high level meetings. It would be ideal if as a result of those meetings the sides sign a memorandum, which will signal a new stage of the cooperation between them.
High-level meetings at this period of time is of special importance, taking into consideration also the fact that Armenia is passing from a presidential system of governance to the parliamentary one.
In this context it would be more than natural that during those meetings among other issues the sides also discuss, as well as initiate steps for further deepening the parliamentary connections between the two countries. The sides can make initial arrangements for the new format of cooperation between, for example, the ruling parties, which will assume regular meetings of the party representatives with a clearly defined cooperation agenda. In the context of the parliamentary diplomacy, the cooperation in the framework of the US-Armenian friendship group should also be activated.
On the other hand, the cooperation at the executive level can be boosted by stronger connections between various ministries, which can be achieved by establishing a regular format of meetings between the US and Armenian counterparts (for example once a year).
Thus to further boost the US-Armenia relations, the cooperation at different levels should become even more active. This also refers to the cooperation with the local-governing bodies, such as with the US separate states, cities, etc.
Finally, taking into consideration the so-far demonstrated tendency of Trump’s team in their foreign policy, Armenia, in its relations with the US, should focus on the aspects of cooperation which are of mutual interests for both sides and are not only based on the assistance programs.
- Up to 1000 More US Troops Could be Headed to Afghanistan This Spring The possible increases have the support of the Army’s senior leadership, which has been working to determine the mix of troops required to execute a strategy centered on a new combat formation.
- Shutdown in US Congress The federal agencies across the country will be unable to continue operating, and hundreds of thousands of "non-essential" federal workers faced with being put on temporary unpaid leave
- New Act against Iran in US Congress "Congress has four months to fix the flaws of the JCPOA to permanently block Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons capability," said Representative Roskam.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- US Congressman Called to Expand US-Artsakh Ties ANCA thanked Congressman Pallone for taking a legislative sledgehammer to the walls that have, for far too long, prevented the very type of open dialogue that is so very necessary for a durable and democratic...
- Catholicos of All Armenians departs for US His Holiness Garegin II will have meetings with the philanthropists of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin to discuss numerous programs being implemented by the Mother See.
- US-Armenia Trade Turnover Increased by 35% "Trade between US & #Armenia is up 35% Jan-Oct 2017 totaling $99.5 million! Fueling Armenia’s successful exports to the US is its excellent usage of the General System of Preferences (GSP) that allows...
- US Appreciate Armenia's Role in Protecting Christians One of the reasons that the U.S. continues to support Armenia is that the latter has sheltered a number of refugee.
- Armenian Defense Minister Delivered a Lecture at the California's University There was also a reference to the Karabakh conflict, Armenia-Turkey relations and other regional issues.
- Delegation from California on a Visit to Armenia and Artsakh "The California legislative delegation to Armenia is an important step in continuing to strengthen ties between the Republic of Armenia and the State of California," stated Nazarian.
Turkey, Russia, Iran Agree on Syrian Meeting in Sochi
The Election of PACE New President Will Create Favorable Environment for Our Delegation's Work: Naira Karapetyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Indian Prisoners Will Live Together with Cows for Curing their Impure Minds
By the End of 2019 the US Embassy Will be Moved to Jerusalem. Pence
Football Tournament in Memory of Hrant Dink Was Held in Turkey
Armen Sargsyan Will Return to Armenia at the End of the Week
Will the New Parliament of Catalonia Fight for Independence
Michele Nicoletti Elected PACE President
International Arrest Warrant for Puigdemont May Be Reactivated
The Priority in the Negotiations Is the Implementation of Agreements Reached in Vienna, St. Petersburg and Geneva
Three People Injured in New York Shooting
Erdogan says Syria Operation Will End in Very Short Time
Up to 1000 More US Troops Could be Headed to Afghanistan This Spring
India Supports Talks between Azerbaijan and Armenia Mediated by OSCE Minsk Group
Syrian Army Starts Operation in Idlib Province
8 Civilians Killed as a Result of Turkish Airstrikes in Syria
Some Roads in Armenia Are Difficult to Pass
Netanyahu Calls on European Nations to Propose Amendments Iranian Nuclear Deal
How did Mkhitaryan Celebrate His Birthday?
Germany's Social Democrats Approved the Start of Formal Coalition Negotiations
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
New Act against Iran in US Congress
2017 - Second Warmest since 1880 (VIDEO)
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
Statement of Artsakh National Assembly on 28th Anniversary of the Mass Pogroms of the Armenians in Baku
Wind: 11.27 km/h