Armenia and the US Need New Impetus in Their Relations
Since the election of the US new president and the transfer of the power from the Democrats to the Republicans, it is high time for Armenia to demonstrate an initiative to mutually consider new formats of cooperation that will further deepen the existing relations between the two countries. A step towards this will be organizing bilateral high level meetings. It would be ideal if as a result of those meetings the sides sign a memorandum, which will signal a new stage of the cooperation between them.
High-level meetings at this period of time is of special importance, taking into consideration also the fact that Armenia is passing from a presidential system of governance to the parliamentary one.
In this context it would be more than natural that during those meetings among other issues the sides also discuss, as well as initiate steps for further deepening the parliamentary connections between the two countries. The sides can make initial arrangements for the new format of cooperation between, for example, the ruling parties, which will assume regular meetings of the party representatives with a clearly defined cooperation agenda. In the context of the parliamentary diplomacy, the cooperation in the framework of the US-Armenian friendship group should also be activated.
On the other hand, the cooperation at the executive level can be boosted by stronger connections between various ministries, which can be achieved by establishing a regular format of meetings between the US and Armenian counterparts (for example once a year).
Thus to further boost the US-Armenia relations, the cooperation at different levels should become even more active. This also refers to the cooperation with the local-governing bodies, such as with the US separate states, cities, etc.
Finally, taking into consideration the so-far demonstrated tendency of Trump’s team in their foreign policy, Armenia, in its relations with the US, should focus on the aspects of cooperation which are of mutual interests for both sides and are not only based on the assistance programs.
- Lavrov: Putin is Ready to Meet Trump Lavrov recalled that during a phone conversation with Putin, Trump conveyed an invitation, and this is not a secret, RIA Novosti reported.
- What Is Behind US-Russia "Power-Game"? The US faces the issue of strengthening its stance and role on various issues, such as Syrian crisis, Korean crisis, negotiations with Iran etc.
- Syria: What to Wait For After Trump's Threats? Russia, in response to Trump's threats, said it would answer to the US in a corresponding way, especially if Russian soldiers in Syria were killed in the attacks.
- UNSC Fails to Pass 3 Resolutions on Syria ''Chem Аttack'' The US, UK and France had earlier indicated they are likely to resort to military action in response to the alleged chemical incident in Douma on Saturday. The Russian envoy once again called for the West...
- A Record-Breaking Number of Women Are Running for the US House of Representatives 309 women across the country have filed candidacy papers to run, beating out the previous record of 298 women in 2012.
- Glendale City Council Approves the Idea of Creating Armenian American Museum Museum representatives presented their vision for a three-story, 59 800 square-foot cultural and educational complex that would be located in the southwest corner of Central Park.
- Why Is US-Armenia Parliamentary Cooperation Important at This Stage? Such a format of cooperation is itself important as long as it is not limited to only ruling parties, but also creates new opportunities for cooperation among the US main two political parties and RA parliamentary...
- Armenian MPs have Meetings at White House, Congress in Washington D.C. During the meeting the Armenian MPs presented to the White House official several issues concerning regional security, namely they stressed the need for more targeted statements regarding ceasefire violations...
- New Stage in US-Russia "Sanctions War" As long as there is possibility for the indirect impact of this "sanction war" on Armenia, we need to be more active to prevent and minimize the possible challenges we can face.
- US Ambassador: We Have Common Interests In the course of the meeting the members of the Friendship Group also emphasized the stable development of the Armenian-American relations and the deepening of cooperation in many spheres.
UN Chief Says World Notes That ''Cold War is back''
Investigation Group Confirmed Systemic Corruption in PACE by Azerbaijan
Ara Babloyan: I Am Hopeful that My Request Will Be of Any Value to My Colleague
Opposition MP: I Was Assured that Nikol Pashinyan Is Ok
The EU Calls for Inclusive Dialogue in Armenia
Ara Babloyan: Leaders of the Protests Should Understand that They Take on Them All Further Developments
Armen Sarkissian: the Ongoing Developments in Our Country Have Reached a Dangerous Line
NKR Defense Army Disseminates a Video Showing Accumulation of Azerbaijani Military Equipment on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border (VIDEO)
Azerbaijan Views Inner-Armenian Developments as Factor to Unleash New Military Adventurism: NKR Defense Ministry’s Board
In Armenia Priests Join Protestors to Prevent Clashes
President's Office: Nikol Pashinyan presented Sarkissian conversation inaccurately
EU Delegation, Member States Call for Urgent Negotiated Solution in Yerevan Protests
Artsakh President Met with Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II
The Air Temperature in Armenia Will Gradually Go Up
US Congressmen Urge Trump to Recognize Armenian Genocide
Artsakh President Met President of Armenia
Serzh Sargsyan Left the Negotiations
Armenia PM Serzh Sargsyan Meets the Opposition Leader in Marriott
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime Over 320 Times
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
Steven Seagal to Visit Armenia and Pay Tribute to the Memory of the Innocent Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Wind: 11.27 km/h