What Is the EU's Special Attitude Towards Ukraine Conditioned By?
A few days ago, the European Parliament's decision to provide Ukraine with additional trade preferences for a three-year period was confirmed.
This decision by the European Parliament is a logical continuation of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, the approval of which took place at the end of May after the House of Representatives of Netherlands ratified it (in the middle of 2016, the Netherlands was the only country that opposed the ratification of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement).
Before the Association Agreement enters into force, the European Union set trade preferences for Ukraine for a three-year term on certain agricultural products. The quota limit for trade preferences was due to the lack of a number of European standards, including sanitary and phyto-sanitary ones.
The statement on the expansion of quotas of trade preferences by the European Parliament mentions that the decision is conditioned by the efforts made by Ukraine in the sphere of economic reforms. It can be assumed that some work was made on the standardization of products. However, on the other hand, the difficult economic situation in which Ukraine appeared after the ratification of the Association Agreement also played is role. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the EU continues to support Ukraine in political and economic terms. In this sense, the position of the European Union is clear.
As for the last trade preferences, they are more decisive and useful for Ukraine than for the European Union. In particular, according to various experts’ estimations, Ukraine has already exhausted the quotas of the previous preferences, so the new quotas are their continuation.
- France Engineers to Build Metal Bridges in Armenia The ways for potential cooperation and several other matters of bilateral interest also were discussed.
- The Fifth-Largest British Airline Stopped Flights At present, there are an estimated 110,000 Monarch customers that are currently abroad. The UK Government has asked the CAA to coordinate flights back to the UK for all Monarch customers currently overseas....
- EFTA Countries Are the Most Expensive in Europe Switzerland together with Norway and Denmark had the highest price levels for food and non-alcoholic beverages in Europe. Macedonia, Poland and Romania had the lowest prices.
- The European Commission Proposes to Create an Economic and Monetary Union The euro is one of Europe's most significant achievements. It is much more than just a currency. It was conceived as a promise of prosperity. To keep that promise for future generations, we need the political...
- French Minister of Economy: Brexit Is an Opportunity for the Development of the Eurozone The European Central Bank sought in 2011 to require euro-denominated clearing to be performed in the single currency area, but was overruled by the European Court of Justice in 2015 on the grounds that...
- EU Defends Iran Deal After a closed-door meeting chaired by EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini on how best to proceed on the Iran issue, the ministers issued a joint statement saying the 2015 deal was key to preventing...
- Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE) Efforts to stop the vote by relying on the courts to declare the referendum illegal, by taking control of Catalan finances to prevent expenditures on the referendum, and finally, by deploying thousands...
- Freedom of Speech Cannot Justify Hate Speech: Germany Fights Hate Speech Moreover, the scope of the problem should be extended to the punishment and fines for various officials, who spread hate speech on the highest level against the nations they consider their enemies.
- Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE) "Spain's government is threatening people with thousands of policemen bullying citizens and forbidding universal rights such as freedom of expression. But we are not afraid anymore, and we are determined...
- EU Extended Sanctions on Russia by Six Months Despite the fact that several EU members have repeatedly voiced disapproval of anti-Russian sanctions policy and called for lifting them, which harm their states' trade with Russia, Brussels continues...
NKR Defense Army Serviceman Tigran Khachatryan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Iraq Warns Foreign Oil Companies Against Contracts With Kurdistan
Artsakh Republic President Visited in Brussels the Office of the European Friends of Armenia Organization
NKR Defense Army Soldier Fatally Wounded
Azerbaijani MFA Considered Including Famous CNN Showman in Its Black List
Turkey Welcomes Cooperation with Iran Against the Iraqi KRG
Nalbandian: Azerbaijan Refuses to Reiterate the Principles of Karabakh Conflict Resolution
425 Babies Were Born in Yerevan from 6 to 12 of October
UN Report: Armenia Has One of the Best Pregnant Care Results
Artsakh Republic President Met in Brussels with Leadership of AGBU Europe
EU Leaders to Reaffirm Their Commitment to the Iranian Nuclear Deal
Levon Hayaraptyan's "Genetic Tax" or How He Made "Karabakh Fairy Tale" Real (VIDEO)
Head of Armenia's National Assembly: Armenophobia in Azerbaijan is the Main Part of the State Policy
Spain Is Suspending Catalonian Autonomy
Terrorist Groups Plotting New 9/11 in US: They Want to Take Down Aircraft - Top US Official Warns
7 Notes Music Challenge - by Serj Tankian (Video)
Erdogan Says May Close Border with Iraq
Ksenia Sobchak Announced Her Intention to Participate at Russia's Presidential Elections
Warlick: Karabakh Conflict - Issue where USA and Russia are Truly Collaborating
Prime Minister Inspects Progress in Dvin Hotel Complex Reconstruction
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
The President of Bolivia Has Proposed to Introduce Universal Citizenship for All Inhabitants of the Earth
On the Occasion of the 26th Anniversary of Armenia’s Independence President Sargsyan Visited the Erablur Pantheon
Wind: 6.44 km/h