What Is the EU's Special Attitude Towards Ukraine Conditioned By?
A few days ago, the European Parliament's decision to provide Ukraine with additional trade preferences for a three-year period was confirmed.
This decision by the European Parliament is a logical continuation of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, the approval of which took place at the end of May after the House of Representatives of Netherlands ratified it (in the middle of 2016, the Netherlands was the only country that opposed the ratification of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement).
Before the Association Agreement enters into force, the European Union set trade preferences for Ukraine for a three-year term on certain agricultural products. The quota limit for trade preferences was due to the lack of a number of European standards, including sanitary and phyto-sanitary ones.
The statement on the expansion of quotas of trade preferences by the European Parliament mentions that the decision is conditioned by the efforts made by Ukraine in the sphere of economic reforms. It can be assumed that some work was made on the standardization of products. However, on the other hand, the difficult economic situation in which Ukraine appeared after the ratification of the Association Agreement also played is role. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the EU continues to support Ukraine in political and economic terms. In this sense, the position of the European Union is clear.
As for the last trade preferences, they are more decisive and useful for Ukraine than for the European Union. In particular, according to various experts’ estimations, Ukraine has already exhausted the quotas of the previous preferences, so the new quotas are their continuation.
- Eurozone Growth Exceeds Expectations For the past 12 months, the growth rate was 2.5%.
- France Engineers to Build Metal Bridges in Armenia The ways for potential cooperation and several other matters of bilateral interest also were discussed.
- The Fifth-Largest British Airline Stopped Flights At present, there are an estimated 110,000 Monarch customers that are currently abroad. The UK Government has asked the CAA to coordinate flights back to the UK for all Monarch customers currently overseas....
- EFTA Countries Are the Most Expensive in Europe Switzerland together with Norway and Denmark had the highest price levels for food and non-alcoholic beverages in Europe. Macedonia, Poland and Romania had the lowest prices.
- The European Commission Proposes to Create an Economic and Monetary Union The euro is one of Europe's most significant achievements. It is much more than just a currency. It was conceived as a promise of prosperity. To keep that promise for future generations, we need the political...
- EU Leaders Fail on Migration After the meeting, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters that the bloc had a hard job ahead of it to reform asylum rules by a deadline of June next year.
- EU Leaders' Summit: What's on the Agenda? Three major items dominate the agenda: Brexit, defense and migration.
- Martin Schulz Is For a Creation of a "United States of Europe" "The question isn’t grand coalition or no grand coalition," he said, "Nor minority government or fresh elections. No — it’s about how we exercise our responsibility, including to the next generation."
- "Armenian Day" in the Historic Polish Castle A number of those in attendance delivered remarks and offered presentations on various subjects concerning Armenia, Poland, and the centuries-old ties between the two nations.
- Germany Offers to Pay Migrants to Go Home The program is called "Your country. Your future. Now!"
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Egypt Opens Gaza Border for Four Days
MFA Of Armenia: Ankara Is Not Ready To Normalize The Armenian-Turkish Relations
Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks
China and UK to Strengthen Economic and Financial Cooperation
Weather Forecast in Armenia : Precipitation is Predicted
Trump Said The Worst People Come To U.S. By Visa Lottery
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h