What Is the EU's Special Attitude Towards Ukraine Conditioned By?
A few days ago, the European Parliament's decision to provide Ukraine with additional trade preferences for a three-year period was confirmed.
This decision by the European Parliament is a logical continuation of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, the approval of which took place at the end of May after the House of Representatives of Netherlands ratified it (in the middle of 2016, the Netherlands was the only country that opposed the ratification of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement).
Before the Association Agreement enters into force, the European Union set trade preferences for Ukraine for a three-year term on certain agricultural products. The quota limit for trade preferences was due to the lack of a number of European standards, including sanitary and phyto-sanitary ones.
The statement on the expansion of quotas of trade preferences by the European Parliament mentions that the decision is conditioned by the efforts made by Ukraine in the sphere of economic reforms. It can be assumed that some work was made on the standardization of products. However, on the other hand, the difficult economic situation in which Ukraine appeared after the ratification of the Association Agreement also played is role. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the EU continues to support Ukraine in political and economic terms. In this sense, the position of the European Union is clear.
As for the last trade preferences, they are more decisive and useful for Ukraine than for the European Union. In particular, according to various experts’ estimations, Ukraine has already exhausted the quotas of the previous preferences, so the new quotas are their continuation.
- Denmark Is The Most Expensive EU Country Denmark was followed by Luxembourg (127 percent), Ireland and Sweden (both 125 percent), Finland (122 percent) and the United Kingdom (117 percent).
- Eurozone Growth Exceeds Expectations For the past 12 months, the growth rate was 2.5%.
- France Engineers to Build Metal Bridges in Armenia The ways for potential cooperation and several other matters of bilateral interest also were discussed.
- The Fifth-Largest British Airline Stopped Flights At present, there are an estimated 110,000 Monarch customers that are currently abroad. The UK Government has asked the CAA to coordinate flights back to the UK for all Monarch customers currently overseas....
- EFTA Countries Are the Most Expensive in Europe Switzerland together with Norway and Denmark had the highest price levels for food and non-alcoholic beverages in Europe. Macedonia, Poland and Romania had the lowest prices.
- NATO, EU Leaders to Sign Declaration on Enhanced Cooperation: Stoltenberg “NATO and EU leaders plan to sign a new joint declaration in July to further enhance their level of cooperation,” Jens Stoltenberg said at NATO Defense Ministers meeting on Friday.
- "Party for Macron": What Do French People Complain of? In their turn, the students, who joined the protestors, were concerned by Macron’s plan to reform the higher education system to increase competitiveness, arguing that in that case the universal right...
- Air France Offers Flights with Alcohol and Digital Entertainment The price of the ticket to European destinations departing from Paris starts at €49 (£43) each way, while long haul flights start from €149 each way, excluding checked baggage.
- New Coin Picturing Prince Harry and Meghan Markle The coin, approved by the couple themselves, shows Markle clutching her fiance's arm in a pose they first struck during their official engagement photocall.
- Mogherini: the EU to Provide Additional € 3 Billion to Turkey This was stated by the head of European diplomacy Federica Mogherini, novinite.com reports.
Earthquake in Western Iran
Daron Acemoğlu Plans to Visit Armenia in August
Hillary Clinton Says Putin Knows How to 'Manipulate' People Due to KGB Past
Deputy Prime Minister: Acemoğlu Never Demanded any Money from the Armenian Government
Newspaper: Angela Merkel Plans to Visit Armenia in August
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Signs Law on Promoting Human Rights in North Korea
NASA Awards its Highest Honor to Yervant Terzian
Trump Accuses China and EU of Manipulating their Currencies
Israel, Hamas Agree to Restore Calm in Gaza: Hamas
Man Arrested After Knife Attack on German Bus
US Secretary of State Speaks about Trump's Successes in Talks with Putin
Armenia PM: When Azerbaijan will be Inclined to Compromise, We will Discuss Compromise Limit for us
EU Urged Member States to Prepare for Brexit Negotiations
Trump: I'll be Putin's Worst Enemy
President of Artsakh addresses congratulatory message on foreign ministry’s 25th anniversary
PM Receives Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Combating Corruption
Israel Has Adopted Divisive Jewish Nation-State Law
Trump Is Looking Forward to a Second Meeting with Putin
Zakharova: Russia Wants to Restore Relations with Georgia
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Comment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh on the UN Security Council Resolutions on the Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict
At the Invitation of President Armen Sarkissian President of Italy Sergio Mattarella will Conduct a State Visit to Armenia
Commemoration of the Tabernacle of Old Testament (or the Old Ark) and the Feast of the New Holy Church
War mongering and saber rattling are irrelevant: Armenian FM on Ilham Aliyev's Statement about Karabakh Conflict
Nikol Pashinyan: "The Rule of Law and Human Rights Should be Strictly Respected in the Fight Against Corruption"
Wind: 6.44 km/h