Trump Wants to Change Green Card Rules
President Donald Trump has announced his support for a legislation that would cut in half the number of legal immigrants allowed into the US while moving to a "merit-based" system favouring English-speaking skilled workers for residency cards, NDTV reports reports.
If passed by the Congress and signed into law, the legislation titled the Reforming American Immigration for Strong Employment (RAISE) Act could benefit highly-educated and technology professionals from countries such as India.
Under the act, green card holders and US citizens will still get preferential treatment for securing residency permits for their spouses and young children, but the reforms will mean that adult children and the extended family won't get any special favors. Nor will parents, although those seeking medical treatment will be able to apply for temporary visas, the Regitser reports.
- Putin Thanked Trump Russia’s Federal Security Service reported that it had arrested seven members of a terrorist cell as part of the plot, which was scheduled to take place on Saturday.
- Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman Boyajian will face a primary election to win his party’s nomination.
- Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks Mr Tillerson said Pyongyang had to carry out a "sustained cessation" of weapons testing before any talks.
- Putin: Trump Opponents Harm US with 'Invented' Russia Scandal Putin said the US opposition was not treating those who elected Mr. Trump with respect.
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met With Members of the Armenian Assembly of America’s Delegation During the meeting, the sides discussed a range of issues related to the prospects of expanding the frameworks of the cooperation between Artsakh and the AAA.
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Egypt Opens Gaza Border for Four Days
MFA Of Armenia: Ankara Is Not Ready To Normalize The Armenian-Turkish Relations
Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks
China and UK to Strengthen Economic and Financial Cooperation
Weather Forecast in Armenia : Precipitation is Predicted
Trump Said The Worst People Come To U.S. By Visa Lottery
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h