Glendale Shopping and Entertainment Center Agrees to Advertise "Architects of Denial" Documentary
The Americana at Brand shopping and entertainment complex in Glendale reveresed its decision to ban an advertisement for a documentary about the Armenian Genocide to be displayed, News.am reports.
The decision came before the Armenian National Committee of America was set to announce a boycott of all properties owned by businessman Rick J. Caruso and his company Caruso Affiliated, including the Americana.
The Armenian National Committee of America – Glendale received a letter from Caruso Affiliated Executive Vice President of Operations, Jackie Levy condemning "violence and atrocities of any form anywhere in the world, including the Armenian Genocide that has impacted the lives of Armenians in our community." The letter also states that Caruso Affiliated will work with the producers of "Architects of Denial" and the City of Glendale in an effort to display the advertisement at the Americana at Brand, at no cost to the producers.
The ANCA Glendale welcomes this important albeit delayed response as the first step in addressing a larger issue of insensitivity toward the Armenian-American community and utter lack of outreach and understanding.
"We especially want to thank the grassroots in our community who rose to the occasion by making our collective concerns heard on a larger scale. This outcome shows that when the community is activated, decision makers will hear its voice.
We are sincerely grateful to our elected officials – specifically State Senator Anthony Portantino who joined us on the ground from day one, members of the Glendale City Council who supported our position, as well as US Congressman Adam Schiff, LA County Supervisor Kathryn Barger, and Los Angeles Councilmember Paul Krekorian for responding to the call for action and providing their staunch support that made this possible," ANCA said in a statement.
- Soros Makes about $18bn for Human Rights The donation makes Soros’s Open Society Foundations the third largest charitable foundation in the world, behind the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the Wellcome Trust.
- Israel Also Withdraws from UNESCO In a statement, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hailed the U.S. decision as "brave and moral" and stated that Israel would begin preparations to follow suit.
- US Delegation to Visit Turkey The delegation will be headed by the State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Jonathan Cohen, according to sources.
- Trump-Tillerson Disagreements: Do They Have Certain Purpose? However, one cannot also exclude the scenario, that such a public demonstration of disagreement is a diplomatic trick of Trump’s administration to balance the US stance on various foreign policy issues.
- Neither Erdogan, Nor His Cabinet Ministers Haven’t Accepted US Ambassador’s Farewell Visit Bass, who was sworn in as ambassador to Turkey in September 2014, was recently confirmed by the US Senate for his next post as ambassador to Afghanistan.
RA NA Deputies Delivered Lectures in Artsakh
RA President Received High Representative of Mekhitarist Congregation, His Eminence Archbishop Lévon Zékiyan
Belarus-Armenia Friendship Forest to Be Planted in Armenia
Armenian Army Delegation Travels to US
Russia Accuses the US-Led Coalition of Decimating Raqqa
Film about Henrikh Mkhitaryan Coming Soon
Solemn Ceremony of Donating Armenian Style Carpets to Artsakh Churches
The Typhoon ''Lan'' Swept out Japanese Coastal Areas (VIDEO)
Which Are the Objectives and the Principles of the EU-RA New Agreement?
Our Claims on Genocide Become More Substantial
Catalan Parliament May Decide on Independence on October 26
Turkey Waiting for the Extradition of Gülen
Why Cooperation with the EU Has Become a Priority for Azerbaijan?
EU Member Spain Ignores European Standards
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: At Least 128 People Killed in Homs by ISIS
Catalan Authorities Will Not Follow Orders from the Spanish Government
US Backed Kurdish Forces Seized Syria’s Largest Oil Field
Trump on the EU Stance on Iran Sanctions
Armenian Foreign Minister to Participate in the OSCE Conference
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Used Spike: NKR Defense Army Warns of Painful Response
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
The Armenian Delegation to the OSCE PA Proposed to Monitor the Armenian and Azerbaijani Textbooks and Media (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h