Anticorruption Council Holds Regular Meeting
Chaired by Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan, the Anticorruption Council met in the Office of Government, attended by civil society representatives, official page of the RA Government reports.
The experts of the Independent Expert Group reported the corruption risks identified in the services provided by the Police, as well as in the fields of healthcare, education and public revenue collection. After an in-depth discussion, a number of proposals and recommendations were presented.
Prime Minister Karapetyan highlighted the importance of taking consistent steps aimed at reducing corruption risks in the mentioned spheres and issued relevant instructions. In particular, the Premier told the Ministers of Education and Science, Healthcare, the SRC Chairman and the Chief of Police to discuss the proposals by this September 20, finalize the drafts in cooperation with the expert group, if necessary, and submit an updated version to the Government Staff.
In addition, the Prime Minister instructed to consider the possibility of providing resources as part of budgetary allocations and follow them up during the budget debate, if necessary.
Karen Karapetyan instructed the Chief of Government Staff to discuss and finalize the draft with other stakeholders by this November and submit it to the Government for consideration.
- The World Bank Improves GDP Growth Forecast for Armenia in 2018 The bank’s GDP growth projection for Armenia in 2017 has risen from 2.7% to 3.7%.
- New Investments Are Expected After the Lebanese Business Mission (VIDEO) The establishment of the "Mike Sport" sportswear and accessories production in Armenia is at the stage of discussions. "Management and Development International Company" aims to invest in the projects...
- The Increase of Prices Announced by the Central Bank of Armenia for 2018 Has Caused Misunderstanding First, it is worth noting that the CB's targeted four-percent inflation, which was mentioned in the statement, is the derivative of the two main reasons - the Customs Union rates and the expected global...
- Armenian-Iranian Business Forum Took Place in Yerevan DFA stressed that “for Iranian entrepreneurs doing business in Armenia will be by 23% more affordable with more skilled labor and financial sustainability.”
- Armenia to Raise Drinking Water Tariff Veolia Djur submitted the application for raising the tariffs by AMD 14 in August.
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Iraq to Hold Parliamentary Elections on May 12
Turkish Army Extends Syria Operation to East of Afrin
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Officially Becomes Arsenal
RA Prime Minister: The Eurasian Integration Project Has Expanded Our Economic Boundaries
Trump’s Attendance at the World Economic Forum in Davos in Doubt
Turkey, Russia, Iran Agree on Syrian Meeting in Sochi
The Election of PACE New President Will Create Favorable Environment for Our Delegation's Work: Naira Karapetyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Indian Prisoners Will Live Together with Cows for Curing their Impure Minds
By the End of 2019 the US Embassy Will be Moved to Jerusalem. Pence
Football Tournament in Memory of Hrant Dink Was Held in Turkey
Armen Sargsyan Will Return to Armenia at the End of the Week
Will the New Parliament of Catalonia Fight for Independence
Michele Nicoletti Elected PACE President
International Arrest Warrant for Puigdemont May Be Reactivated
The Priority in the Negotiations Is the Implementation of Agreements Reached in Vienna, St. Petersburg and Geneva
Three People Injured in New York Shooting
Erdogan says Syria Operation Will End in Very Short Time
Up to 1000 More US Troops Could be Headed to Afghanistan This Spring
India Supports Talks between Azerbaijan and Armenia Mediated by OSCE Minsk Group
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
2017 - Second Warmest since 1880 (VIDEO)
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
New Act against Iran in US Congress
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Statement of Artsakh National Assembly on 28th Anniversary of the Mass Pogroms of the Armenians in Baku
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h