No Armenians Injured in Catalonia Clashes (Preliminary Information)
Datev Sulian, Chairperson of the Armenian Cultural Association of Barcelona informed that according to the preliminary information, Armenians were not injured in Sunday’s clashes in Catalonia, News.am reports.
"The [Catalans’] fight [for independence] would not end with the referendum; the fight had not started on the day of the referendum, but it had started years ago, and it will continue for years," Sulian added.
"According to official data, 2,262,424 Catalans participated in the independence referendum of Catalonia, and solely about 7 percent of them voted ‘no’ [in this plebiscite]. The government of Catalonia has announced this data, and they are expected to use these data to continue their future fight [for independence]."
In his words there are no clashes at this time in Catalonia, it is a working day and people are going to work; still he noted that there may be rallies in the evening.
- Spain Has Proof against Russia on Catalonia "What we know today is that much of this came from Russian territory," Spanish Defence Minister Maria Dolores de Cospedal said of Russian-based internet support.
- Catalan Parliament Leader Jailed She was sent to Alcala Meco prison outside Madrid late Thursday, but was expected to get out after making bail Friday.
- Puigdemont and Four Former Members of His Government Released in Brussels Puigdemont will appear within 15 days before a court in Brussels, which will decide whether to execute Spain’s November 3 order to arrest and surrender him.
- Spain Issues European Arrest Warrant for Catalan Leader A spokesman for the state prosecutor of Belgium noted that they will "study" the warrant.
- 13 Officials and Catalan Leader Ordered to Appear in Spain's High Court "This is a political trial," said Puigdemont, who is now in Belgium.
Venezuela Opposition Parties Banned from Election
Israel Will Not Be Lectured to By a Leader Who Bombs His Own People: Netanyahu to Erdogan
Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers
Egypt’s President Invites Palestinian President to Cairo to Discuss Trump's Jerusalem Move
The Syrian Army and Iranian-Backed Militias Started a Military Campaign Against Rebels in Hama Province
Macron to Netanyahu: US Recognition of Jerusalem Is a Threat to Peace
BrExit: Second Round
Pope Prays for Nuclear Disarmament
UK Aims for Trade Deal with EU that Tops Canada Pact
Saakashvili Supporters Demand Ukraine's Leader Be Impeached
Archaeologists Uncover 3500-Year-Old Tomb at Egypt's Luxor (photo)
Lebanon Urges to Sanction US Over Jerusalem Decision
Hamshen Armenian Activists Released From Turkish Prison
There are Impassable Roads in Armenia
Called the Total Sum of All Corruption in the World
Iraq Declares War With Islamic State Is Over
Eurovision- 2017 winner Salvador Sobral Has Heart Transplant
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Turns 70
Arab States Urge U.S. to Abandon Jerusalem Move
Artsakh Foreign Minister Received Chairman of the Standing Committee on Foreign Relations of the National Assembly of Armenia
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h