Iran and Turkey Agree to Enhance Military Cooperation
The military brass of Iran and Turkey have voiced their opposition to the separation of Iraq’s Kurdish region and expressed support for the country’s territorial integrity, PressTV reports.
Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri on Monday held talks and attended a joint press conference with Turkish Chief of General Staff Hulusi Akar, who arrived in Tehran Sunday night ahead of a scheduled visit by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to Iran.
Addressing reporters following the meeting, Baqeri pointed to common threats against Iran and Turkey and said the two countries have “common and similar” positions on the recent independence referendum held in the Kurdistan region and believe that it was unacceptable.
Tehran and Ankara also believed that Iraq’s territorial integrity must be preserved, he added.
The top Turkish commander, for his part, said Iran and Turkey agreed to continue the fight against terrorism and increase security in border areas and added that the two countries would boost military cooperation.
Iran and Turkey have always enjoyed cordial relations and agreed to make more coordination in line with commonalities given the ongoing sensitive situation in the region.
- EU to Reduce Financial Assistance to Turkey Speaking at a summit in Brussels, Merkel criticized the "absolutely unsatisfying human rights situation" in Turkey, but said she wanted to "avoid a showdown" and does not wish "to break bridges" with the...
- US Delegation to Visit Turkey The delegation will be headed by the State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Jonathan Cohen, according to sources.
- Neither Erdogan, Nor His Cabinet Ministers Haven’t Accepted US Ambassador’s Farewell Visit Bass, who was sworn in as ambassador to Turkey in September 2014, was recently confirmed by the US Senate for his next post as ambassador to Afghanistan.
- US and Turkey Suspend Most Visa Services This comes after a US consulate worker in Istanbul was held last week on suspicion of links to a cleric blamed for last year's failed coup in Turkey.
- Turkey Building Watchtowers with a Height of 15 Meters along Borders The high security surveillance towers, dubbed "kulekol," are to be placed at certain intervals between the border walls, and a military team of 10 will reside there.
- Qatar Will Send Back Its Ambassador to Iran In a statement released on Thursday, the Qatari foreign ministry said its ambassador would "return to resume his diplomatic duties", as Doha wanted to strengthen ties in all fields with the Islamic republic.
- Iran Demanded $245 Million Compensation from US "A number of people who have been harmed during the chemical bombing have filed lawsuits and a court has issued decrees for 18 of them who have been harmed or died and estimated their ransom," Mohseni...
- President Serzh Sargsyan Met with IRI President Hassan Rouhani Noting that his country was an advocate of regional peace and stability, the President of Iran stressed that the Karabakh conflict should be resolved exclusively through political means.
- Armenian President Attends Hassan Rouhani’s Inauguration Ceremony in Tehran The ceremony is also attended by President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan.
- Trump Warns Iran Over Detained Americans "Iran is responsible for the care and wellbeing of every United States citizen in its custody," the White House said in the statement.
Syrian Kurds Don’t Want Independence from Syria
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
Iraqi Forces Fully Took Control of Kirkuk
Premier of Serj Tankian’s Symphony in Armenia (Video)
Spanish Government Plans to Dissolve Catalonia's Parliament
NKR President Met with Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Aram I
Turkey Sets Up Its First Observation Post in Idlib
Tusk Rules Out Any EU Action Over Catalonia
EU to Reduce Financial Assistance to Turkey
RF Premier Dmitry Medvedev to Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
NKR Defense Army Serviceman Tigran Khachatryan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Iraq Warns Foreign Oil Companies Against Contracts With Kurdistan
Artsakh Republic President Visited in Brussels the Office of the European Friends of Armenia Organization
NKR Defense Army Soldier Fatally Wounded
Azerbaijani MFA Considered Including Famous CNN Showman in Its Black List
Turkey Welcomes Cooperation with Iran Against the Iraqi KRG
Nalbandian: Azerbaijan Refuses to Reiterate the Principles of Karabakh Conflict Resolution
425 Babies Were Born in Yerevan from 6 to 12 of October
UN Report: Armenia Has One of the Best Pregnant Care Results
Citywide Clean-Up in Yerevan on October 21
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
On the Occasion of the 26th Anniversary of Armenia’s Independence President Sargsyan Visited the Erablur Pantheon
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
Wind: 6.44 km/h