Iran and Turkey Agree to Enhance Military Cooperation
The military brass of Iran and Turkey have voiced their opposition to the separation of Iraq’s Kurdish region and expressed support for the country’s territorial integrity, PressTV reports.
Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri on Monday held talks and attended a joint press conference with Turkish Chief of General Staff Hulusi Akar, who arrived in Tehran Sunday night ahead of a scheduled visit by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to Iran.
Addressing reporters following the meeting, Baqeri pointed to common threats against Iran and Turkey and said the two countries have “common and similar” positions on the recent independence referendum held in the Kurdistan region and believe that it was unacceptable.
Tehran and Ankara also believed that Iraq’s territorial integrity must be preserved, he added.
The top Turkish commander, for his part, said Iran and Turkey agreed to continue the fight against terrorism and increase security in border areas and added that the two countries would boost military cooperation.
Iran and Turkey have always enjoyed cordial relations and agreed to make more coordination in line with commonalities given the ongoing sensitive situation in the region.
- Regime of State of Emergency Lifted in Turkey A state of emergency was first introduced in Turkey on July 21, 2016 for three months, shortly after the prevention of a coup attempt in the country.
- Erdoğan Announces Ministers of Turkey's New Cabinet Erdoğan appointed Chief of General Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar as the new defense minister and his son-in-law Berat Albayrak as the Treasury and Finance Minister in a 16-seat surprise cabinet with not much...
- EU Council: Turkey’s Accession Negotiations Have Effectively Come to a Standstill The Council notes that Turkey has been moving further away from the European Union.
- Turkey Elections 2018: Erdogan Declared Winner Election authority confirms Erdogan’s victory with 97.7% of the vote counted, as opposition leaders vow to continue struggle
- Erdogan Faces Test in Critical Elections: DW Over 56 million Turkish voters are headed to the polls this Sunday to choose a president and a new parliament. The vote takes place after changes to Turkey's constitution were approved last year, reshaping...
- Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions A State Department official said the application was without merit and the United States would fight it in the court.
- Nikol Pashinyan Discusses Expansion of Armenian-Iranian Economic Ties with Reza Ardakanian Reza Ardakanian conveyed Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s message to Armenia’s Prime Minister and the invitation to visit Iran. The IRI Minister of Energy highlighted the prospects for cooperation...
- Iran Disappointed by What Europe Offers to Offset US Exit from Nuclear Deal What Europe has so far offered Iran to make up for the economic damage inflicted on the country by the US withdrawal from the deal in May is insufficient, Rouhani told Merkel, calling the European proposal...
- Rouhani: Sanctions will Put Pressure on Iranians Rouhani also touched upon the US policy, adding there is a gap between the US and its allies - Canada, Mexico, the European Union, Asian countries.
- Iranians Must Stand Together to "Bring America to Its Knees": Rouhani "We will take problems. We will take pressure. But we will not sacrifice our independence," said Rouhani.
Earthquake in Western Iran
Daron Acemoğlu Plans to Visit Armenia in August
Hillary Clinton Says Putin Knows How to 'Manipulate' People Due to KGB Past
Deputy Prime Minister: Acemoğlu Never Demanded any Money from the Armenian Government
Newspaper: Angela Merkel Plans to Visit Armenia in August
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Signs Law on Promoting Human Rights in North Korea
NASA Awards its Highest Honor to Yervant Terzian
Trump Accuses China and EU of Manipulating their Currencies
Israel, Hamas Agree to Restore Calm in Gaza: Hamas
Man Arrested After Knife Attack on German Bus
US Secretary of State Speaks about Trump's Successes in Talks with Putin
Armenia PM: When Azerbaijan will be Inclined to Compromise, We will Discuss Compromise Limit for us
EU Urged Member States to Prepare for Brexit Negotiations
Trump: I'll be Putin's Worst Enemy
President of Artsakh addresses congratulatory message on foreign ministry’s 25th anniversary
PM Receives Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Combating Corruption
Israel Has Adopted Divisive Jewish Nation-State Law
Trump Is Looking Forward to a Second Meeting with Putin
Zakharova: Russia Wants to Restore Relations with Georgia
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Comment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh on the UN Security Council Resolutions on the Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict
At the Invitation of President Armen Sarkissian President of Italy Sergio Mattarella will Conduct a State Visit to Armenia
Commemoration of the Tabernacle of Old Testament (or the Old Ark) and the Feast of the New Holy Church
War mongering and saber rattling are irrelevant: Armenian FM on Ilham Aliyev's Statement about Karabakh Conflict
Nikol Pashinyan: "The Rule of Law and Human Rights Should be Strictly Respected in the Fight Against Corruption"
Wind: 6.44 km/h