As a Result of Discussions the Two Resolutions on Azerbaijan Became Even Tougher: Arpine Hovhannisyan (EXCLUSIVE)
On October 12 the works of PACE autumn session ended. “Armedia” IAA talked with the head of the Armenian delegation to PACE, the RA National Assembly Deputy Speaker, Arpine Hovhannisyan on the main developments of the session.
- Ms. Hovhannisyan, this PACE autumn session was full of different developments. What participation did the Armenian delegation have in all that?
- The Armenian delegation had a very active participation both in public speeches and in the group and commission works. In fact, I think it was a very productive session, and quite interesting developments took place. The work of the Armenian delegation at this autumn session, in general, was satisfactory.
- On October 11, two resolutions on Azerbaijan were adopted. How important was the adoption of these resolutions and what was the reaction of the Azerbaijani delegation?
- Let me start with the reaction of the Azerbaijani delegation. The reaction, as expected, was very critical to different formulations, conclusions, opinions and also suggestions made in those resolutions.
As for the discussion of the reports and the adoption of the resolutions - they were part of PACE's work and its logical continuation, as Azerbaijan is a country under PACE monitoring. The first report, which was adopted, refers to the monitoring historiography of Azerbaijan. The Assembly periodically adopts such resolutions. This time it was about Azerbaijan. The other report was about the 2014 Azerbaijani Chairmanship.
I attach great importance to the fact that as a result of the suggestions made by various delegates of the Assembly, both reports, especially the latter, became stronger. The wording on the laundry scandal, the release of Ilgar Mammadov and the situation in the country was toughened.
- What were the main message and the task of the Armenian delegation at this session and did we succeed in implementing them?
- I would not like to highlight a certain mission. The delegation always tries to work according to the agenda of the Parliamentary Assembly, naturally having its agenda as well. A number of issues were on our agenda, including active participation in the discussions on this or that issue, neutralization of possible anti-Armenian resolutions, etc. I think we succeeded. In this respect, I consider our work at this session to be satisfactory, as I think it is always through joint efforts that it becomes possible to organize the work effectively.
Artsakh Republic President Attended Exhibition Devoted to the Life of Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkish University Administration Has Removed the Flag of Azerbaijan Demanding to Bring Back the Armenian Tricolor
Trump Hopes to Normalize Relations with Cuba
Edward Nalbandian: We Value NATO's Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
The Greece Police Prevented Erdogan's Assassination
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Administration to Drop Climate Change from a List of Global Threats in a New NSS
Sahakyan Attended an Exhibition Devoted to the Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkey Has Released German Journalist
Mkhitaryan Gives Inter Green Light
Deputy Secretary General of NATO Hopes to See a New Momentum in Resolving the Karabakh Conflict
Turkish ''Besiktas'' Is Interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Iran to Increase Gas Supply to Armenia
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h