Spain Is Suspending Catalonian Autonomy
The government said ministers would meet to activate Article 155 of the constitution, allowing it to take over running of the region.
"The Spanish government will continue with the procedures outlined in Article 155 of the Constitution to restore legality in Catalonia's self-government," the government statement said.
"No-one doubts that the Spanish government will do all it can to restore the constitutional order," it added.
- Spain Has Proof against Russia on Catalonia "What we know today is that much of this came from Russian territory," Spanish Defence Minister Maria Dolores de Cospedal said of Russian-based internet support.
- Catalan Parliament Leader Jailed She was sent to Alcala Meco prison outside Madrid late Thursday, but was expected to get out after making bail Friday.
- Puigdemont and Four Former Members of His Government Released in Brussels Puigdemont will appear within 15 days before a court in Brussels, which will decide whether to execute Spain’s November 3 order to arrest and surrender him.
- Spain Issues European Arrest Warrant for Catalan Leader A spokesman for the state prosecutor of Belgium noted that they will "study" the warrant.
- 13 Officials and Catalan Leader Ordered to Appear in Spain's High Court "This is a political trial," said Puigdemont, who is now in Belgium.
Sharmazanov: Armenia Can Serve as a Dialogue Bridge between EU and EAEU
Aurora Prize Selection Committee Will Gather to Review 2018 Aurora Prize Nominations
Artsakh State Minister Discusses Trade Connections with Californian Senator
Iraqi Forces Launch the Final Campaign Against the ISIS
Russia, Iran and Turkey Agreed to Hold Syrian People's Congress
Bako Sahakyan Had a Meeting at the French National Assembly
Serzh Sargsyan Attends Opening of Tsaghkadzor Open International Chess Tournament
Iranian President Sees New Prospects for Syrian Settlement
Putin: The Disintegration of Syria Has Been Prevented
US Called Myanmar Military Operation Against the Rohingya Population "Ethnic Cleansing"
Armenian FM: We Have Always Had Very Strong Relations with Muslim Nations and States
Mkhitaryan on 50-footballer Shortlist for UEFA 2017 Team of the Year
Erdogan: All Sides Should Contribute to Reach a Permanent Political Solution in Syria
Escape from North Korea: Video Shows North Korean Soldier Making a Run for Freedom (Video)
China Unveils Monster "Sea Tank" (Video)
Mourinho Has No Problem with Henrikh Mkhitaryan
North Korea Bans Drinking and Singing Parties
Hariri Shelved His Decision to Resign
Ratko Mladic Found Guilty of Genocide over Bosnia War
Armenian Dram Turns 20
Armenian Culture at Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
Armenian Foreign Minister: There Could Be No Holocaust If the Armenian Genocide Was Recognized in Time
Medvedev Posted Photos of Armenia
RA Prime Minister Donated His One-Year Salary to the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund
We Condemn the Assassination Attempt on the Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group: Karen Bekaryan
Erdogan Passes to a Policy of Cursing Armenia
EAEU Development Tendencies, Formation of Energy Market, Armenia's Participation in Integration Processes
With the Joint Efforts of Our EPP Partners and Our Delegation Members, the Azerbaijani Proposal Was Rejected: Karine Atshemyan (EXCLUSIVE)
D. Babayan: If Artsakh Issue is a Bleeding Wound for Turkey, what about the Issue of Armenian, Greek, Kurdish Genocides?
Andrew Schofer: US Calls Upon Karabakh Conflict Sides to Fully Implement the Decisions Taken at Vienna and St. Petersburg Meetings
Wind: 11.27 km/h