Turkey: National Minorities are Under Hate Atmosphere
It is difficult for national minorities living in Turkey, including Armenians, to exercise their rights of international guarantees and civil legal norms. In addition, the minorities have appeared under the crosshairs of hate speech in the state of emergency which was declared after the failed military coup attempt. This was announced by the ethnic Armenian Member of Parliament of Turkey Selina Dogan from the Republican People's Party, "Armenpress" reports.
She stressed that after the death of Hrant Dink the issues of Armenians living in Turkey became more visible and discussed.
"There is an increasing level of hate atmosphere in the country in the recent years. And this has all become a domestic policy issue. A revolution is being attempted, and the next day Fetulah Gullen is being called Armenian. This is a card which is always kept in the pocket and shown on every convenient occasion. It is unfortunate that although the Turkish Criminal Code regulates hate crime, every time we address this law we are unable to have any result. On the contrary, every time we turn out to be guilty," Dogan said.
Dogan says the national legislation of Turkey, which is still in use which was adopted during the Ottoman Empire, should be amended in compliance with modern requirements.
- Armenia Is Coming Out from the Zurich Process with an Important Achievement The Turkish side, which at the time adopted the thesis of regulating all the problems with the neighbors, could not essentially reject the Armenian side's proposal, as a result of which the Zurich Protocols...
- Armenia Cancels Turkish-Armenian Protocols To note the protocols were pre-signed on October 10, 2009, but were not ratified by Turkey that brought forward a number of preconditions.
- Turkey Reaffirmed: Ankara Is to Be Blamed for the Failure of Zurich Process It is obvious that Ankara has started a campaign of distorting the facts and the reality concerning the Armenian-Turkish protocols to mislead the international community and to blame Armenia for the failure...
- Cavusoglu: Turkey Signed Zurich Protocols with Armenia on Certain Conditions ’’We have put a condition for the normalization of relations with Armenia that this country will leave the Azerbaijani territories and after that the relations can be normalized,” Cavusoglu said.
- We Will Enter the Spring of 2018 Without Armenian-Turkish Protocols: Nalbandian However, up to now, those documents have not been ratified, since Turkey came up with groundless preconditions that run counter to the letter and spirit of the Protocols.
Trump Assumes Changes in US-China Bilateral Trade
Turkey to Receive First F-35 by Late June
Knesset Lawmakers Voted to Debate the Recognition of the Armenian Genocide in the Parliament Chamber
EU Will Allocate Additional €1.5 Billion to Turkey
Former Macedonian Prime Minister Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison
French FM: US Decision Endangers the Region as a Whole
Artsakh President Had a Working Consultation
Zakharova: Russia Will Continue to Play an Active Role in the Karabakh Conflict
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Russia Had a Telephone Conversation
Israel May Restrict Access to Jerusalem for Muslims from the Gaza Strip
Jazz Concert Held in Yerevan
Co-Rapporteurs to Carry Out a Monitoring Visit to Armenia
15,000 People Took to the Streets in Paris
Israel Bombs Gaza Port, Hamas Tunnel
Soldier Found Dead in Military Position
Nikol Pashinyan, Demetris Syllouris Discuss Furtherance of Armenia-Cyprus Relations
Thomas de Waal Assesses Artsakh's Participation in Talks Pertinent
U.S. Secretary of State Shares Enthusiasm about Armenia's Peaceful, Constitutional Political Transition
Trump Does not Rule out Possibility of Cancelling Meeting with North Korea's Leader
EU Says up to US to Avoid Damaging Trade Row Escalation
When I Sit Around a Table with Other Armenians, Bread and Wine Taste Differently: The Armenian Speechwriter of 3 US Presidents
Turkish Prime Minister to Nikol Pashinyan
The Works of Armenian Classics Are Translated into Hindi: Hindi Literary Scholar (EXCLUSIVE)
Players of ''Arsenal'' Sing Armenian Song (Video)
Netanyahu’s Son: Turkey Is Guilty of Committing the Armenian Genocide
MFA: Armenia Has Initiated Moves to Strengthen Cooperation with Israel
Russian Lawmakers Are Willing to Meet with the Representatives of All Parliamentary Factions in Armenia
Karen Karapetyan: Taking Part in "Negotiations", Which Is Unlikely to Bring Any Solutions Have No Prospect
One of the New Prime Minister's Priorities Is to Effectively Assume Karabakh Conflict Negotiation Bloc
Nikol Pashinyan: Participation in the Snap Parliamentary Elections Will Depend on the Created Situation
Wind: 17.70 km/h