The Victory of Armenia's "Both... And" Policy
In the EU Eastern Partnership Summit on November 24, the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement between the EU and Armenia was signed, which, certainly, will turn the EU-Armenia relations into a new stage. The Agreement, of course, should be considered a great achievement in Armenia’s foreign policy. Being at the crossroads of the integration processes, we managed to bypass the dilemma, considered to be inevitable in such kind of situations. Instead of contradicting the integration processes, the Armenian side employed the formula of their combination, which during these years has proved its feasibility and efficiency. The new EU-RA agreement is a bright demonstration of it.
The Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement between the EU and Armenia will have a decisive role in the RA’s European integration process, boosting cooperation and resulting reforms in such directions as justice, efficient public administration, human rights, basic freedoms etc. It is noteworthy that the cooperation opportunities presented in the Agreement are unprecedented in the RA-EU relations.
However, it is important to realize, that for the efficient implementation of the Agreement, the political will of both Armenian and European sides, as well as active engagement of the civil societies are necessary. All the necessary means should be employed, to make the Agreement implementation process transparent and inclusive. The initiatives aimed at the awareness-raising of the society on the content of the Agreement and the existing opportunities are also important.
Summing up we can state, that the Agreement is a bright and successful example of the Armenia’s complementary foreign policy, which will further boost and give new speed to the reforms simultaneously in several important directions.
- President Receives Newly Appointed EU Special Representative for South Caucasus and Georgia Crisis Noting that sincere and open discussions had been held in a good working atmosphere with Herbert Salber, the previous EU Special Representative, the President of Armenia expressed confidence that the work...
- Italian Ambassador: Armenia-EU New Agreement Serves a Firm Base for Future Developments We are very happy since it forms a new circle for the relations which can serve a firm base for further developments.
- Armenia’s Agreement with the European Union Does Not Impose Threat for Russia Not only Armenia but also EAEU partner countries will do their best to take maximum advantage of this opportunity.
- The Final Declaration of the EaP Summit and Reference to Armenia (Analysis) Summarizing, it can be mentioned that in some terms very general and compromising formulations were chosen in the Brussels Declaration. As for Armenia, in general, the document reflects a positive assessment...
- President to Pay Working Visit to the Kingdom of Belgium Within the framework of his visit, the President of Armenia will hold meetings with King Philippe of Belgium and Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Belgium Charles Michel.
Trump Hopes to Normalize Relations with Cuba
Edward Nalbandian: We Value NATO's Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
The Greece Police Prevented Erdogan's Assassination
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Administration to Drop Climate Change from a List of Global Threats in a New NSS
Sahakyan Attended an Exhibition Devoted to the Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkey Has Released German Journalist
Mkhitaryan Gives Inter Green Light
Deputy Secretary General of NATO Hopes to See a New Momentum in Resolving the Karabakh Conflict
Turkish ''Besiktas'' Is Interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Iran to Increase Gas Supply to Armenia
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Egypt Opens Gaza Border for Four Days
MFA Of Armenia: Ankara Is Not Ready To Normalize The Armenian-Turkish Relations
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h