The Victory of Armenia's "Both... And" Policy
In the EU Eastern Partnership Summit on November 24, the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement between the EU and Armenia was signed, which, certainly, will turn the EU-Armenia relations into a new stage. The Agreement, of course, should be considered a great achievement in Armenia’s foreign policy. Being at the crossroads of the integration processes, we managed to bypass the dilemma, considered to be inevitable in such kind of situations. Instead of contradicting the integration processes, the Armenian side employed the formula of their combination, which during these years has proved its feasibility and efficiency. The new EU-RA agreement is a bright demonstration of it.
The Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement between the EU and Armenia will have a decisive role in the RA’s European integration process, boosting cooperation and resulting reforms in such directions as justice, efficient public administration, human rights, basic freedoms etc. It is noteworthy that the cooperation opportunities presented in the Agreement are unprecedented in the RA-EU relations.
However, it is important to realize, that for the efficient implementation of the Agreement, the political will of both Armenian and European sides, as well as active engagement of the civil societies are necessary. All the necessary means should be employed, to make the Agreement implementation process transparent and inclusive. The initiatives aimed at the awareness-raising of the society on the content of the Agreement and the existing opportunities are also important.
Summing up we can state, that the Agreement is a bright and successful example of the Armenia’s complementary foreign policy, which will further boost and give new speed to the reforms simultaneously in several important directions.
- What Does Armenian Prime Minister Expect from EU? It is quite natural that the rapid pace and success of democratic processes in Armenia are awarded a positive assessment from the EU, and this assessment must be materialized. Let's try to clarify what...
- Nikol Pashinyan and Piotr Switalski Discuss Armenia-EU Relations In particular, the PM said the recent events in Armenia significantly contributed to the development and strengthening of democracy.
- Rapid Implementation of Armenia-EU Agreement Can Open Wide Opporunities It is noteworthy that even partial, but quick implementation of the agreement will give an additional impetus to the reforms being implemented in Armenia with the EU support, as well as will deepen Armenia-EU...
- Armenia-EU Agreement Is a Unique Development Plan: Foreign Minister Since ancient times, Armenia has been a part of European civilization and tried to make its modest, but visible contribution to the latter's development.
- Lithuania Ratified CEPA between Armenia and the European Union Armenia’s Ambassador to Lithuania Tigran Mkrtchyan tweeted that the ratification of the Agreement, subject to endorsement by all EU members states, was adopted with 89 votes in favor and 1 abstention.
Pashinyan: The Sale of Weapons to Azerbaijan by the Belarusian Authorities Is Unacceptable
Trump Holds Putin Responsible for US Elections Interference
UK Law Enforcers Foil Plans to Kill Theresa May
5 More Countries Join EU Sanctions on Russia
Regime of State of Emergency Lifted in Turkey
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
UK House of Lords Has Approved Armenia-EU Agreement
New Program for Syrian Armenians to Be Launched by Red Cross
EU Begins Screening Macedonia, Albania for Mid-2019 Accession Talks
US House of Representatives may Consider New Sanctions on Russia
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Trump: Iran deal is good for Russia, but it wasn't good for US
EU Signs Free-trade Agreement with Japan
Putin: Russia Has No “Compromising Material” on Trump
Trump must be Removed for "Treasonous Conduct" with Putin, Former White House Ethics Chief Says
Armenia PM, First President Meet
Nikol Pashinyan, Petros Terzian Discuss Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s Further Activities
Putin, Trump Not to Exchange Gifts?
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Developments in Georgia: The Reasons of Prime Minister's Resignation and Prospects of Changes in the Country
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Wind: 11.27 km/h