Foreign Minister Nalbandian Discussed Visa Liberalization Between Armenia and the EU with Minister of the Interior of France
Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian, who is in Paris on a visit, met with Gérard Collomb, Minister of State, Minister of the Interior of France, MFA press service reports.
Edward Nalbandian noted that he is glad to meet a longtime friend of Armenia who has greatly contributed to the development and expansion of bilateral relations, including in spheres of interparliamentary and decentralized cooperation.
A number of issues of the agenda of the Armenian-French relations were discussed at the meeting.
The interlocutors touched upon the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement signed between Armenia and the European Union. In this context, the possibility of launching a dialogue on visa liberalization between Armenia and the EU was discussed. Minister Nalbandian noted that, with regards this issue, Armenia expects the valuable support of friendly France. Foreign Minister of Armenia added that France has been the first EU country, with which Armenia had started the visa facilitation process in 2008.
At the meeting, the sides commended the successful implementation over the last four years of the existing agreements between Armenia and the EU on visa facilitation and readmission.
The interlocutors exchanged views on the cooperation between the law enforcement agencies of the two countries.
- Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU The new projects will engage Armenian citizens, including women and youth, in work on human rights, budget transparency, capacity-building of women's organisations, assessments and discussions of the situation...
- Why is the Quick Ratification of the Agreement between Armenia and the EU Important? In order for the agreement to enter into force and all sides to fulfill their obligations, the agreement must be ratified both by the parliaments of 28 EU member states and the European Parliament.
- RA President Signs a Decree on Setting Up an Interagency Commission This commission will coordinate the events to ensure the application of the Partnership Priorities document of the EU-Armenia Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement that was signed recently....
- France and Armenia Discuss the Agenda of Their Privileged Relations In the context of the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU, the sides touched upon Armenia-European Union relations.
- Armenia's Integration Processes in 2017 This year, by signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU, Armenia has finally implemented its "both and" policy.
- Turkey's New ''Tool'' Against the EU MPs will focus their attention on those states where, in their opinion, "there are the most vivid manifestations of Islamophobia: Austria, Germany, France and Belgium." They plan to get permission from...
- The EU to Invite the Iranian Foreign Minister for Talks "Together with the EU’s foreign policy chief (Federica Mogherini), we agreed to invite the Iranian foreign minister (Mohammad Javad Zarif), if possible next week," Gabriel told German public broadcaster...
- German Foreign Minister: BrExit Deal Could Serve as a Model for Turkey However, the situation in Turkey must improve before it can enjoy closer ties, he said
- Chancellor of Austria: Turkey Has no Place in the European Union Kurz: In this country, we see serious violation of human rights, fundamental rights and freedoms.
- EU Leaders Fail on Migration After the meeting, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters that the bloc had a hard job ahead of it to reform asylum rules by a deadline of June next year.
Germany to Halt Arms Exports to Turkey
Turkey Says Has "Neutralized" 260 Militants in Syria
Karen Karapetyan: Singapore's Development Path Is a Good Example for Armenia
Mkhitaryan Will Miss Today’s Match against Chelsea
OSCE Monitoring to Be Conducted on NKR-Azerbaijan Border
Qatar Supports Turkey’s Operation in Afrin
2 Dead, 19 Injured in US School Shooting
"Thank You, Armenian Soldier": Charitable Concert in Armenia
Armenian PM Meets with Major International Companies’ Leadership in Davos
Garo Paylan Nommed for Nobel Peace Prize
PACE Monitoring Committee Appointed a New Co-Rapporteur on Armenia
Macron Received the RA President at the Elysee Palace
Kurds and Turks Clash in Germany
Emil Jamil Lahoud: Armenian President of Lebanon
French Foreign Minister Calls on Turkey for Greatest Level of Restraint
Bako Sahakyan Partook at the Meeting of the Defense Army's Military Council
From Time to Time Precipitation is Predicted
Pope Francis Calls on Davos Forum Participants to Protect Human Dignity
402 Babies Born in on January 12-18
Turkish Deputy Prime Minister: the Aim of Operation Olive Branch Is to Eliminate Terrorists
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
2017 - Second Warmest since 1880 (VIDEO)
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
New Act against Iran in US Congress
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
Statement of Artsakh National Assembly on 28th Anniversary of the Mass Pogroms of the Armenians in Baku
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h