Chancellor of Austria: Turkey Has no Place in the European Union
Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said that Turkey cannot become a member of the European Union because of the political course pursued by Ankara in recent years, Sputnik agency reported.
"In this country, we see serious violation of human rights, fundamental rights and freedoms. I will not accept that the EU is watching and pretending that nothing is happening. From my point of view, Turkey, especially in the light of the policies of recent years, does not have place in the EU. It would be fair to stop negotiations on its accession," Kurz said in an interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag.
Also, according to Kurz, Turkey is trying to exert a strong influence on the Turkish communities in Austria, Germany and other countries to prevent the integration of people of Turkish origin.
The source reminds that among the EU members, Turkey has the most strained relations with Austria and Germany, as Vienna repeatedly urged Ankara to put an end to their accession bid, whereas Berlin insists on a review of the EU economic policy regarding Ankara due to the arrests of human rights activists in Turkey.
- Turkey Extends State of Emergency Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) spokesman Bülent Tezcan urged the government not to extend the state of emergency over worries that it would cast shadow over the elections.
- Turkish Prosecution Files Motion Against Garo Paylan Seeking to Strip Ethnic Armenian MP of Immunity MPs are entitled to appeal the committee’s ruling, and also appeal to the Constitutional Court.
- NATO Secretary-General to Visit Turkey Turkey-NATO relations, the Turkish military’s “Operation Olive Branch” in Syria’s Afrin, counter-terrorism, reparations ahead of the 2018 Brussels Summit and regional issues are expected to be...
- Turkey-Russia: What Does Their Recent Rapprochement Mean? Thematic coverage of Russia-Turkey bilateral negotiations can be divided into two broader groups: military-political and economic one.
- Russia-Turkey Ties Grow Stronger Despite Attempts to Spoil Them: Erdogan Ankara and Moscow on Tuesday signed a number of agreements, including in the areas of communications, sports and social policy.
- Queen Elizabeth II Congratulated President of Armenia I convey my warm wishes to you and the Armenian people and I expect to continue the excellent relations between our two countries.
- Frank Engel: Turkey Will Never be an EU Member The day when Turkey changes, stops aggression against Cyprus, opens the border with Armenia, normalizes the relations with all neighbors, releases journalists arrested on unfair grounds, I perhaps will...
- Trump and Trudeau Discuss Decision to Expel Russian Diplomats The call comes after Trump revealed on Monday that 60 Russian diplomats would be expelled ''in response to Russia's role in the attack'' and have seven days to leave the US.
- Austrian Chancellor Urges to Stop Talks on Turkey's EU Accession The talks on membership between the European Union and Turkey should be ended taking into account the system systematic violations of human rights and essential democratic values.
- Italy Chooses Female Head of the Senate There were also days of talks before the two sides joined forces to make 5-Star Movement member Roberto Fico president of the lower house.
Opposition MP: I Was Assured that Nikol Pashinyan Is Ok
The EU Calls for Inclusive Dialogue in Armenia
Ara Babloyan: Leaders of the Protests Should Understand that They Take on Them All Further Developments
Armen Sarkissian: the Ongoing Developments in Our Country Have Reached a Dangerous Line
NKR Defense Army Disseminates a Video Showing Accumulation of Azerbaijani Military Equipment on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border (VIDEO)
Azerbaijan Views Inner-Armenian Developments as Factor to Unleash New Military Adventurism: NKR Defense Ministry’s Board
In Armenia Priests Join Protestors to Prevent Clashes
President's Office: Nikol Pashinyan presented Sarkissian conversation inaccurately
EU Delegation, Member States Call for Urgent Negotiated Solution in Yerevan Protests
Artsakh President Met with Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II
The Air Temperature in Armenia Will Gradually Go Up
US Congressmen Urge Trump to Recognize Armenian Genocide
Artsakh President Met President of Armenia
Serzh Sargsyan Left the Negotiations
Armenia PM Serzh Sargsyan Meets the Opposition Leader in Marriott
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime Over 320 Times
PM Serzh Sargsyan Calls on Opposition MP Nikol Pashinyan for Immediate Political Dialogue
Pashinyan Presents Main Requirements From Armenian Authorities
PM hosts Catholicos of All Armenians and Catholicos of Great House of Cilicia
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Wind: 11.27 km/h