Chancellor of Austria: Turkey Has no Place in the European Union
Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said that Turkey cannot become a member of the European Union because of the political course pursued by Ankara in recent years, Sputnik agency reported.
"In this country, we see serious violation of human rights, fundamental rights and freedoms. I will not accept that the EU is watching and pretending that nothing is happening. From my point of view, Turkey, especially in the light of the policies of recent years, does not have place in the EU. It would be fair to stop negotiations on its accession," Kurz said in an interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag.
Also, according to Kurz, Turkey is trying to exert a strong influence on the Turkish communities in Austria, Germany and other countries to prevent the integration of people of Turkish origin.
The source reminds that among the EU members, Turkey has the most strained relations with Austria and Germany, as Vienna repeatedly urged Ankara to put an end to their accession bid, whereas Berlin insists on a review of the EU economic policy regarding Ankara due to the arrests of human rights activists in Turkey.
- Turkish Politician Stressed that She Wrote in Twitter the Word Genocide As to her tweet about the Armenian Genocide, she stressed that she wrote the word Genocide, and the event was called the march for the Armenian Genocide victims.
- Erdogan Will Visit Vatican The visit follows phone calls between the two leaders who share concerns over the crisis and agree the status quo should remain.
- Erdogan Held a Phone Conversation with NATO Chief The NATO expressed confidence that the best way for solving the issue is an open dialogue between the allies.
- US Deeply Concerned Over Turkey’s Violations of Fundamental Human Rights Nauert stressed that the Turkish government is targeting people whose views differ from theirs.
- Clash of Turkish and American Interests in Syria Turkey will categorically object to the stabilization of the situation on the border by Kurdish forces.
- Turkey's New ''Tool'' Against the EU MPs will focus their attention on those states where, in their opinion, "there are the most vivid manifestations of Islamophobia: Austria, Germany, France and Belgium." They plan to get permission from...
- The EU to Invite the Iranian Foreign Minister for Talks "Together with the EU’s foreign policy chief (Federica Mogherini), we agreed to invite the Iranian foreign minister (Mohammad Javad Zarif), if possible next week," Gabriel told German public broadcaster...
- German Foreign Minister: BrExit Deal Could Serve as a Model for Turkey However, the situation in Turkey must improve before it can enjoy closer ties, he said
- Foreign Minister Nalbandian Discussed Visa Liberalization Between Armenia and the EU with Minister of the Interior of France Foreign Minister of Armenia added that France has been the first EU country, with which Armenia had started the visa facilitation process in 2008.
- EU Leaders Fail on Migration After the meeting, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters that the bloc had a hard job ahead of it to reform asylum rules by a deadline of June next year.
Kabul's Intercontinental Hotel Under Attack
Statement of Artsakh National Assembly on 28th Anniversary of the Mass Pogroms of the Armenians in Baku
2017 - Second Warmest since 1880 (VIDEO)
Artsakh President's Congratulatory Address on the Day of the Judicial System Worker
Shutdown in US Congress
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
Russia Starts Withdrawing Troops from Syria's Afrin
RA President meets with RPA nominee for Presidency Armen Sargsyan
The Number of Marriages in Artsakh Increased in 2017
Puigdemont May Rule Catalonia by Skype
New Act against Iran in US Congress
Azerbaijani Serviceman Killed
RA Prime Minister to Attend the World Economic Forum in Davos
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
US State Department Calls on Turkey Not to Take Any Action in Afrin
The Air Temperature Will Not Change Considerably
Armenian Community of France to Reintroduce Criminalization of Armenian Genocide denial into Agenda of 2018
A Universal Blood Test for Cancer Already Designed
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Called for Pursuing Trust-Building Measures
Aram Ateshyan: It's an Honor for me to Be Erdogan's Brother
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
Turkish Politician Says Turkey May Face Terrible Scenarios: Israel, Greece, Cyprus, Armenia, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia Will Unite Against It
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
The Head of the General Staff of Armenia: The Commander Who Hurried to Help His Soldier Was Also Wounded
Our Ultimate Goal is to Have a United Armenia: Head of the "Democracy" Faction of Artsakh National Assembly
Foreign Minister Nalbandian Discussed Visa Liberalization Between Armenia and the EU with Minister of the Interior of France
Armenian Folk Dance Performed in Istanbul (video)
Wind: 6.44 km/h