How to Make a Glint-wine? Cheer Up Yourself with This Warm Delicious Beverage
Glint-wine or Glühwein is enjoyed at traditional Christmas Markets throughout Europe, especially in colder Northern countries like Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Glint-wine is a beverage of European origin usually made with red wine along with various mulling spices and sometimes raisins. It is served hot or warm and may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
The secret to getting a great Glühwein is the right mixture of red wine, cinnamon sticks, sugar, oranges and cloves. Follow this simple recipe to conjure up a touch of winter magic in your own kitchen.
According to All Receipts, you need two bottles of good-quality red wine.
570 ml water
140 g sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
2 oranges - cut into bite-size pieces
Oranges for decoration
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
- Cut the orange in half, and squeeze the juice into the simmering water. Push the cloves into the outside of the orange peel, and place peel in the simmering water. Continue simmering for 30 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Pour in the wine, and heat until steaming but not simmering. Remove the clove-studded orange halves.
- Serve hot in mugs or glasses that have been preheated in warm water
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Happy New Year: Let 2018 Be Full of Miracles Let's do some good deeds in 2018: help the stranger, give money to poor, smile to passersby. And the world will change. Because good is contagious!
- How Was 2017 for Georgia? Perhaps the key event in 2017 was the constitutional reform aimed at strengthening the parliamentary system of governance. Georgi Margvelashvili, the president of the country, and some opposition forces,...
- How New Year is Celebrated in Different Parts of the World Although New Year is an international holiday and the calendar year changes for everyone at the same time, it is celebrated with many different traditions and ceremonies.
- What Important Events are Expected in the World in 2018? It should be noted that 2018 will be decisive for Armenia's political life as well. In the spring of 2018 Armenia will completely pass to the parliamentary form of government. The country will be headed...
- 2017's Top 10 Bestseller Books in Armenia The "Bookinist" company, which has the largest network of bookstores in our city, has presented the top 10 bestsellers of 2017 at the request of Armedia IAA.
Trump Called Mexico the Most Dangerous Country in the World
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs' Meeting Over in Krakow
Trump Says Mexico Has to Pay for Border Wall 'Directly or Indirectly'
Tillerson Denied the Reports of Creating Border Forces in Northern Syria
Armenian MP of Turkey Garo Paylan Suggests Turkish Parliament to Investigate Hrant Dink's Murder
Syrian Government Called the Action of Turkey in Afrin Act of Aggression
Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Met in Krakow
No Armenians among Victims in Kazakhstan Bus Fire
Arsene Wenger Comments on Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s Transfer
US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS
US Congressman Called to Expand US-Artsakh Ties
Sweden Prepares its Population to War
Trump Is not Going to Move US Embassy to Jerusalem in 2018
Donald Trump Announced the Winners of His ''Fake News'' Awards
Missing Russian Diplomat to Turkey Has Caused a Stir in Ankara
Turkish Politician Stressed that She Wrote in Twitter the Word Genocide
Merkel and Kurtz Say EU Needs to Secure External Borders
Edward Nalbandian Met with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs in Krakow
Artsakh Republic State Minister: 2018 Will Be a Big Year for Our Economy
Mistura Invites the Syrian Government and Opposition to a Special Meeting
Aram Ateshyan: It's an Honor for me to Be Erdogan's Brother
Garo Paylan Says Received Intelligence Data About Assassination Plans Targeting Turkish-Armenians Living in Europe
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
Head Coach of the Azerbaijani National Football Team: We Would not Want to Play with our Enemy - Armenia
Turkish Politician Says Turkey May Face Terrible Scenarios: Israel, Greece, Cyprus, Armenia, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia Will Unite Against It
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
The Head of the General Staff of Armenia: The Commander Who Hurried to Help His Soldier Was Also Wounded
Our Ultimate Goal is to Have a United Armenia: Head of the "Democracy" Faction of Artsakh National Assembly
Wind: 28.97 km/h